Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Finish drying my bud in the freezer in my kitchen?!?

Thread Title Search
Finish drying my bud in the freezer in my kitchen?!? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 04:59 AM #521
SplifStarr

SplifStarr is on a distinguished road
Great post

Wow I read this entire post. Great information. I can’t wait to try this out. Have a few months till next harvest. On Day 3 of flowering. I plan on doing two comparisons. One is to hang out to dry for a few days till outside of bud crisp and then freeze in brown paper bags: The other method I’ve been reading up on is being dried in the fridge in brown paper bag where it takes a lot longer to dry since the bud is added fresh from day one and requires you moving around the buds daily. Can’t wait to try results from both. I’ve only dried and cured buds the normal route.
SplifStarr is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2020, 07:50 AM #522
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond repute
What's a good humidity pack to put in your jars?? I put everything in quart jars after dry. I've been noticing there's different numbers or %?? What's a good number to start with?? I'd like to buy some. At times I have 7-8 cases loaded with killer!!! But there all almost empty but I just finished a good indoor grow.!!!!!

WV's this and that!!! on going flowering thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368874

Mars-Hydro SP 250 grow just finished!!!!!....back going!!!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362317

Silverbacks complete threads
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

My Albums
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=65286

TerraBloom
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QaZKmHQ57WSI9K

www. mikrobs.com

https://microbialapplications.myshop...ollections/all
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2020, 07:58 AM #523
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
62%

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2020, 09:56 PM #524
Andykara

Andykara is on a distinguished road
Is jus'plain'gill around here? I have a question for the master
Andykara is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2020, 11:01 AM #525
Veggia farmer

Veggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud of
easy mode, I like that. I will try this in a couple of days.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:36 AM #526
donburi

donburi is on a distinguished road
Has anybody used a mini freezer for this technique? I see them mentioned a few places, but none of the small (1-2 cu ft) models I can find are frost-free. They all say manual defrost.
donburi is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 03:48 PM #527
Hookahhead

Hookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant futureHookahhead has a brilliant future
donburi, I don’t think a mini fridge/freezer would work. From various experiences with these, the freezer section slowly becomes a block of ice, trapping it’s contents inside an icy tomb. They need to be thawed out every few months because the ice buildup.

The reason a self defrosting freezer is recommended is because that’s the action that freeze dries the buds. The freezer continuously removes moisture from the air instead of letting it condense and slowly build up inside.
Hookahhead is offline Quote

Old 11-22-2020, 05:09 PM #528
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mback View Post
62%
62 for long term storage. For short term, meaning I'm going to smoke it in a couple months, I like 55%.

At 62% it's hard to grind, sticks to my fingers and gums up my grinder. I think it's too fresh.
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote