Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > re-charging last years soil?

Thread Title Search
re-charging last years soil? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2018, 01:31 AM #1
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
re-charging last years soil?

Hello folks, its been a while. I forgot my password. It feels good to be connected once again.

Well, its a new season. I have a solexx greenhouse. Last season i got fresh soil. We did 2 runs at or about 9-10 weeks each run. The soil hasn't leached at all since we have pannels and the containers are underneath a roof. I hate to go out and buy another couple yards of fresh soil. I was wondering about getting some ammendments and try and re charge my soil i guess you can say. My buddy was trying to tell me about some fox farm bullshit, but in the past i found it to be to hot. The soil is from Cloverdale CA. Big Rootz, Thanks
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:35 AM #2
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
Ammend with some greentrees or Dr earth 5-5-5 about a cup per 2 cubic ft,

theJointedOne is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:43 AM #3
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJointedOne View Post
Ammend with some greentrees or Dr earth 5-5-5 about a cup per 2 cubic ft,
Thanks, we picked up a 8lb bucket of Mr. B's Green Trees?, 7-4-4 last season, there is a date on it. Its expired i think? there is a number of 4-21-2017. maybe thats when it was made?

Is that the Greentrees you are talking about??

Old 04-19-2018, 03:49 AM #4
sdd420

sdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud of
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Check the organic soil thread it has several recipes for recharging used soil aka living soil. It’s amendments for sure but you can add the beneficial microbes too check on amazon for those .
Peace sdd

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:13 AM #5
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonin NorCal View Post
Thanks, we picked up a 8lb bucket of Mr. B's Green Trees?, 7-4-4 last season, there is a date on it. Its expired i think? there is a number of 4-21-2017. maybe thats when it was made?

Is that the Greentrees you are talking about??
yup, they make a veg bloom and a 555 . I like it better than dr earth it has better sourced ingredients, is a bit finer milled, and is local for me. They recommend 1 cup per ft3 but i go half that since i feed with other top dress amends teas ect and also bc im amending old soil, like you. Last couple years i got the green trees recipe and bought the ingredients in bulk myself, it was a few totes for two gardens, but it was pretty easy, they call it the 'ag pack', and greentrees is just premixed and fine milled 'agpack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd420 View Post
Check the organic soil thread it has several recipes for recharging used soil aka living soil. It’s amendments for sure but you can add the beneficial microbes too check on amazon for those .
Peace sdd
definitely

I make a tea to water in the holes/beds/pots a few days before planting as well, activate the herd a bit

Last edited by theJointedOne; 06-01-2018 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: spell dog
theJointedOne is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:20 AM #6
Stickybred420

Stickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really nice
bust a few bags of compost down on it an mix in with some kelp and rock dust. if you can find bio char that stuff really does wonders in the long haul. a mulch layer of leaves or wood chips on top of the bed will drastically boost microbe activity and will really help a TON with moisture retention. just some food for thought.
Stickybred420 is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2018, 09:24 PM #7
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of light
Ive seen good things from mr. Bs green trees, check out this link of seed 2 soul farms in cali its what he runs, top dressed once weekly.

https://youtu.be/D38jilDkfZU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates;
"I am not wise,i only understand the path that a lover of wisdom must take in pursuing it."
"people who see with their eyes are all but blind, truth is invisible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Hubble;
"a scientist has a healthy skepticism, suspended judgement, and disciplined imagination."
Tons Of Information On Max Efficiency Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering Without Covers For Multiple Harvests:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Current Grow:

Ibechillin's Dank Chronicle:
(Organic Outdoor)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271
Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2018, 06:10 PM #8
Noonin NorCal

Thanks all, I forgot to add. That the greenhouse has 20 gallon fabric pots with drip lines to each container, No beds :( i wish i had the space to do beds though

Old 04-21-2018, 04:46 AM #9
Noonin NorCal

I have a dry tea compost mixture. Its Boogie Brew, local. there is a base and boost. it calls for a half cup of each per 5 gallons of water. i was thinking of sprinkling that into the soil? my drip lines would clog if i ran a 50 gallon drum of that. Or i could hand water it into my soil, its gonna be a pain in the ass though

Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 AM #10
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
I enjoy hand watering myself. I drive down to the lake and fill up 5 gallon containers. Early spring and late fall can be a challenge though. Tall cold waves hitting you kind of sucks, no it really sucks! But I try to enjoy every aspect of growing. My well water at the house has a very high Ph level and would quickly stress the plants. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote