What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has legit durban poison?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Isn't it true that at this point, most "Durban Poison" is just various combinations of the different strains that float around the area of Durban? By that I mean, it is now nearly impossible to get what was originally bred by that name, pure and stable?

I think the problem is more genetic pollution from hybrid strains from Amsterdam that were introduced to the area over the last 15 years. You can't stop rogue pollen!

clearheaded

I would love to get real Durban. I just ran Dutch Passions Durban , regular and feminized lines. End product was weak in all respects. I probably wont even keep a single mum around out of 2 packs of seeds. Only 1 plant tastes descent and the buzz of all are weak. I'm sure Dutch Passion mixed some Indica in there somewhere(Masterkush?their weak version?). The smoke hardly seems Sativa like, but there are some unique tastes in there(probably from the real Durban coming through?). All in all, I would look past Dutch Passion for this one. Good luck finding the real one,and keep us posted if you do find it. I am sure many people would love to have a legit Durban Poison from seed.

think its not known to be exceptionally terpy, clame to fame is its earlynes. not exceptional potency.

Rastafarout

Premium user
420giveaway
thats how Durban poison came to be... From the different landvariety strains melding together , over centuries
That's why you can taste feel smell the Durban in most of the "wild" cannabis in South Africa
Some more some less
And extremely few dead ringers, that will only be kept pure if preserved

The hybrids and other landraces have been mingling here with the local cannabis for way longer then 15 years ....
South Africa is a major trading port not to mention the Dutch have lived here hundreds of years so when Netherlands started that indoor in the 80's
For sure there were Dutch in South Africa organising Seed for S.A

Then with all the harsh laws here it was much easier giving the seeds to a poor black farmer who already had been farming the landrace here at extremely massive risks
When farmer had it ready they would just go pick it up
Very few white people actually grew there own ...

As for the claim to fame ... That's all to do with the happy energising rushy high that's very long lasting with no ceiling
The Dutch passion should just be called poison.... Its nothing like real Durban

baduy

When Mel Frank's DP came out ( the one that put the name to fame) it was a rather stocky sativa with spear shaped buds reeking of fennel/aniseed. First releases of Dutch Passion's DP where hybridized with skunk and reworked towards early ripening but did pop regularly the DP pheno which gave a good energetic high, then it turned out they did their repro using the earliest and most productive plants and quickly enough their DP was just a washed out version of skunk with more and more absolutely dull phenos.
Keep an eye on this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307700
The OP has reproduced Afropips line and did recently a (soldout) release. I'm currently testing some and the green pheno so far is the best representation of the plant that gained DP's popularity I've seen in nearly 20 years

Tipunch

Been running DP's DP for A few years now, it's A safe bet, great taste and high, short flowering times for A sativa dom, mold proof compared to other strains, good yield. what else can you ask for?

W

Water-

DP Durban Poison

freak pheno that was crossed with a plant from Coffee Bay, Transkei South Africa.
other phenos were to totally different with thick buds that rotted in the summer humidity.
strong lemon smell and taste with anise in the background.
Harvested end of September
awesome speedy MDMA like high
made F2s that I crosssed with CBG Durban

Attachments

• photo (20).jpg
    photo (20).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (23).jpg
    photo (23).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

jrelax

These seeds are almost free. about 3 dollar/Euros each only

Try them, they are almost free

Dubai Poison :: Cannabis Strain Infos
breed by Bulk Seed Bank
Official Information / Basics about Dubai Poison from Bulk Seed Bank

Location indoor, outdoor Type sativa Flowering~60 daysSeedsOnly female seeds.
Aka: Durban Poison

This strain was originall imported from South Africa, but it now produced in Holland. Exclusively inbred, never hybridized, 100% Sativa. It has large long budleaves, its buds are also large and long with lots of resin. It has a sweet licorice or anise flavour with an "Up" high similar to Thai strains. It produces high yields and is well suited for outcrossing with late bloomers to produce earlier flowering strains. It also does very well under artificial light. A very popular variety.

Genetics: Durban Poison IBL
Variety: Sativa

THC: High
Flowering Time: 8 - 9 Weeks
Harvest Month: September
User-Generated Strain-Profile
Known Phenotypes:
beta version - add an other phenotype
1.: long, stretched, slowly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype
For this strain we got input by 4 user(s). Here a short overview:

Flowering Time Indoor: 52 - 60 days (~56 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is great.
General Impression Indoor: is all together extremely good and very recommendable.
Harvest Time Outdoor:
End of September +/- 1 Week in CmShβ climates.
End of October +/- 1 Week in CmSaα climates.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed is strong and long lasting.
Yield / Quantity Outdoor: The crop of this strain is very high.
General Impression Outdoor: is all together extremely good and very recommendable.
Votings of our users: Dubai Poison gets 8.44 of 10 possible Points in the average!

One of the growers say this:
Rock hard buds with incredible trichome production. Super sweet flavored smoke with a heavy head high and creeper body buzz.
Nice yield, not huge, good for indoor grow tents. I used two 1000w HPS with soil and organic nutrients. I'm very happy with the results. I highly recommend these seeds for any medical needs or social use.

I will self give them a try in future. They are cheap , and recommended.

Strain Lineage / Genealogy
Durban Poison IBL »»» Durban Poison IBL
Durban Poison IBL
Africa Durban »»» Sativa

I have hear before that Dutch Passions got one ok too.

-
This is maybe very good
Durban Poison IBL . Breeder Plantamaster Seeds
Durban Poison - is imported into the South African landreys Amsterdam. By continuously monitoring and pollination between plants is the most outstanding of the class we raised THC content of 15 - 18%, without losing the quality of the exposure.

Durban Poison not only perfect for creating your own grades based on SATIVA, but is especially valuable for commercial growing variety of marijuana. Usually it is used for crossbreeding with pozdnetsvetuschimi varieties in order to obtain high-quality early-flowering hybrids. Good results when growing indoors, about 75 grams per plant.

Vintage impressive. Smoke aniseed refreshing and gives strength, which makes Durban Poison suitable for daytime use social grade. An excellent choice for a party or a trip to the club. In addition, allow to cope with anxiety and depression, ensure accuracy and clarity of thought.

Despite the fact that Durban Poison cort for daytime use, be careful.
Strain Lineage / Genealogy
Durban Poison IBL »»» Durban Poison IBL
Durban Poison IBL
Africa Durban »»» Sativa

The last one is hard to find , and only avaible as REG. if they exist anymore ?

The BulkS and DP is FEM.

The BulkS sounds good, and 10 seeds coast only like 25euro LOL

Anyway

i see lots different DURBAN POISONS in data base
There is these 60 days

I see also others got 70days
some got more than 100days also

How long time did the old real ones take?
This can help me find fast what you are looking for maybe.

I know the modern lights is better and produce things faster.
Anyway

if the originals was 100days i can tell couple ones
if they was fast , try DP and BulkS even if they or not legit
there is also 70-90 days variants in the data base i looking in now

Just tell what the original had in
1 flower time
2 effect
3 taste
4 size and yeld, indoor and outdoor

and i will find something similiar i think

Last edited:

blays0r

DP Durban Poison

freak pheno that was crossed with a plant from Transkei South Africa.
other phenos were to totally different with thick buds that rotted in the summer humidity.

Love that bud structure there :good:

oldbootz

Veteran
How long time did the old real ones take?
Just tell what the original had in
1 flower time
2 effect
3 taste
4 size and yeld, indoor and outdoor

1. 12-16 weeks
2. Energetic high, introspective, slightly trippy. No body effect.
3. Lemon, Anise, Licorice are the most common good terpene combinations.
4. The plants bush out laterally and don't seem to keep a dominant main stem growing upwards. If left without topping, the plant will naturally grow many main colas. The internodes are very long as is traditional for sativa. The leaf blades are medium thickness on most pheno but some thin pin leaflet pheno can also be found.

This is my info about the Durban landrace from the areas by Durban collected from seeds inside plants or bag seed in some cases.

grayeyes

I agree with oldbootz,

The 'durban' I have takes 14 to 16 weeks to finish flower. If it finishes quicker then it is NOT durban. It is a hybrid.

Sorry, seed sellers.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The Durban which was sold in the early 90s was 8-9 weeks.Sam bred for its earliness after he received the wrong batch from Mel Frank what i read.

My question to Mel Frank

Are there any purple phenotypes to be found in the Durban you have?

His answer.

only turn purple in cold, but some have red stigmas naturally

The reason i asked him this that the Durban from Dutch Passion seems to have a purple pheno nowadays.

Attachments

• 724921 (1).jpg
    724921 (1).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 29

Tipunch

After a 7 months cure, when you open my jar of Durban from DP, it really smells like the real Skunk#1 from back in th days when it showed up in Dam! Great memories!:biggrin:

Plntstnd

DP Durban Poison

freak pheno that was crossed with a plant from Coffee Bay, Transkei South Africa.

I have never seen any plant that looks like this. I'd love to learn more about those mutant plants. If you're still on here I'd love to connect.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
I have never seen any plant that looks like this. I'd love to learn more about those mutant plants. If you're still on here I'd love to connect.

Looks like it went back into veg at some point before finally flowering out completely.

thisisarolex

Nobody is offering real Durban seeds at the moment that I know of. Ya wouldn't want it pure anyhow, unless ya enjoy panic attacks lol. Tropical seeds has F1's of some legit Durban and purple paki. Should be some nice smoke, n nice plants. I'd imagine some reddish purple anise smelling buds done in 10 weeks. Sounds good to me.

just put some gsc at the front or the back if you have panic attack issues. i thought all they sold it as was seeds. so like they are real ?