What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

G

welcome sunrise! :wave: we've got plenty of room here :)

suga, nice shots as always, your plants make me happy over the internet!

and username I believe is running a 150 in a c-13 or c-25 and I of course use the wee little u-2.

yup, i'm running a c-25 with a single 150 HPS, although two would fit nicely if i were doing a regular scrog.

anyone using a 150 in a c-22? i need inspiration to take mine outta the closet and fire it up.

HEY ARTIE! dude you gotta get that bitch clean and mean! 150 club represent! here's some motivation for you, in the form of a C-25, day 8 of 12/12...........

admiralcornport

This is what I have goin on with my 150... its female seed's xline C99
They were vegged for 2 months... lst'd and now this is 14 days flower. enjoy!!!!11!!

sugabear_II

Veteran
hell yeah admiral welcome to the 150 club and you too sunrise mtn - we're always happy to have more folks coming by and joining up! the 150 is a versatile lamp capable of supplying one or two folks with enough weed for ever :)

So speaking of the 150 club to add a link to your sig you need to use vb code { thread = 20729 } 150HPS club {/thread}
replacing the { with [ and the } with ] - you can then add other tags - I have glow = green color=red size=24.

so here's some pics both plants in front of cabinet I've turned the plants so you are looking at the front of the plants - the side facing the bulb. trainwreck on left oregon90 on right. I have some light bleaching occuring on the trainwreck at the terminal point of two buds you might notice they are pure white at tip - I had to tie them back away from bulb - day 53

here they are back in the cabinet where they form a sort of stadium effect around the bulb.

the rest are just tw bud shots....

-suga

duggy

looks nice, everyone! i'll throw together a steathly NGB style jobby this sunday and post some pics. lots of great ideas, everyone! grooves to y'all!

duggy :smoker:

green_grow

Veteran
2 1/2 weeks into flower and my nigerian nightmare seems determined to throw off it's larger, older (fan ?) leaves . the smaller, newer leaves at the bud sites are fine . is this standard procedure or do i need to take steps to keep these older leaves on the plant ? first time grower here.
in soil.
82F
58% RH.
normally temps and humidity would both be somewhat lower; bit of a heat wave here.
any input, comments, suggestions are most welcome.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey everyone! let me first say i find your thread very impressive. i will be building a box with a 250 watter in it for two friends. i have already built a box before so i know some of the basics. my only problem when i draw up plans for the box is how to exhaust a cloneroom and flower room with one fan and keep both rooms light tight? any designs or suggestions would be great. peace and smoke.

G

ft100, pvc pipe running from chamber to chamber, add on a 180 degree turn at any point to keep light from shining through the pipe

green grow, sounds like either a magnesium or nitrogen deficiency. i would also check to make sure she isn't badly rootbound. are we talking about just a leaf here and there? or lots of leaves falling off left and right?

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what about three darkroom louvers, one at the bottom of each chamber for passive intake and one in between each chamber to utilize the fan hooked up to the air cooled hood?

sugabear_II

Veteran
hey ft100 - sounds like an idea - just remember air will always follow the path of least resistence - as long as each chamber has only one intake and one exhaust and the exhaust of one chamber is the intake of another it should work - ideally the intake and exhaust should be on opposite sides of the chamber one at the top and one near the bottom. I've been seeing these dark room louvers on a few cabinets - do you have a source for these that you could post?

green grow - sounds like maybe a nutrient deficiency or overwatering. I know you were growing in a big pot right? like 4 gallons? so it shouldn't be root bound.

-suga

Sb,
Go here for the louvers

Sometimes you can find used ones on ebay, but they usually end up going for close to what new is.

ft,
I too am looking into converting my cab into separate veg/flower area as well. They would be vertically stacked. I already have 2 8" louvers, so I am thinking of either just moving one to the divider between the two areas aor getting another set. The 2 8" are a little over kill for my space. I might just try two regular louvered vents with a layer of the black a/c filter material between. Should cost <$10. It won't be light proof, but the veg area is cfls and where the cab is, it does not matter if it is not completely light proof. A bigger concern is making the joint where the divider meets the doors.

Is your cab going to have the grow area next to each other or one on top of the other?

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is a big problem that i am having deciding if i want to do the chambers vertical or horizontal? if anyone has any plans or designs for a 250 watt flower box with a mother / clone chamber please post your desings. i will draw some up and get them on here before the night is over. if we get enough designs for this it will make it easier for us all to choose which model will be best for us. incl fan, intake, lights etc you know. ill have two designs up here tonight. peace and smoke.

i should add that the ngb box design or the ticks soggn box is out ther too for designs to look at just search for them. i want to grow soil so i know these could probably be easily adapted to just plants in planters. anyone else grow in soil on here in small boxes? what are your final plant heights?

Last edited:

green_grow

Veteran
thanks for the input, user and suga ... i decided to re-pot (yes, i was in 4 gal. pot) . it was, to my untrained eye, moderately rootbound but i also discovered that it was bone dry as well. what i thought was moist soil during my "finger-tests" must have been just slightly cooler, sub-surface soil. transferred it to a larger pot, watered and put her to bed. we'll see how she feels in the morning. sure is good to have some veterans to turn to for advice; thanks guys !

G

ft100, i would recommend a c-25 or something of that nature. small veg chamber up top, flower chamber down below.

green grow, you may want to consider feeding her once she gets used to her new soil.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
So how much ventilation does a 150w require? I want to get a small HPS but I have to grow in a closet with no way to ventilate. Anyone have any input or ideas? Heres a pic of the closet.

G

i have a closet just like yours and i cut a hole in the cieling, venting everything into the attic. i know that this isn't ideal for many people but it works very well.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
height is a problem, trying to keep it 50 inches tall or under. i am working on a side by side design right now. just need to figure out the whole ventilation through one inline fan. looks like pvc elbows underneath each section and in between each section is best. if using a 156 cfm fan, how much passive intake should you have? what about a 256 cfm? i have the designs for one box almost done. i will post up here when finalized.

sugabear_II

Veteran
i use three two inch outside diameter pvc intakes (two elbows for each intake painted black for light proofing) for me 134cfm - i think i could use one more. i would think 4 intakes similarly sized intakes would work for a 150. or go for bigger intakes.

stevr59

Well it been a wile since i last posted but any ways here a few pics of my newest grow she in her 8 week of flowing now all trick are cloudy no amber yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts