What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help amigos Just started week 4 and found a bunch of hermies

Dr. J

Hello all! I came back from a trip and noticed a male plant at week 3 that was starting to open up and now literally 4-4x8s have seed pods some are worse then others. So question am I better scrapping it or ride it out?! Thanks for any input!

buzzmobile

Veteran
Thanks for any input!

Double albums work great for separating seeds. This was one of my favorites to use.

attachment.php

Attachments

• jimi.jpg
    jimi.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 15
That’s a losing battle bro. Once seeds begin to form, thc production all but stops. If you have seed pods everywhere that you can see, there are a million you don’t see. Either keep going and make hash or oil out of product or scrap now

Dr. J

Yeah I was prepping myself for this road! I had a spiked punch male from skunk house that was purple punch x Larry. So another question I have a j1 plant I’ve had for over 10 years and I’ve been noticing her diminishing vigor and quality.... she now had seed pods, so had she been pollinated by the male plant? If so and all the other plants in the same boat would those seeds be of use at all? As far as hash I think we could definitely make a nice run of hash, but efforts to profit are minimal at best :/

Dr. J

I’ve been popping so many new seeds this run had many strains/phenos of each strain that consisted of gelato 33(seed junky), Cold War cookies(xodus), sky valley(xodus), spiked punch(skunk house), meat breath(thug pug), apple diamonds and apple cobbler(alien genetics), j1, strawberry tahoe, gg4.

Dr. J

That’s a losing battle bro. Once seeds begin to form, thc production all but stops. If you have seed pods everywhere that you can see, there are a million you don’t see. Either keep going and make hash or oil out of product or scrap now

Ahhhh see that’s a very good point! So if that’s the case would even the hash/oil would be minimal? Thanks for the input amigo!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THC production does not stop when pollinated...
That’s a myth...

THC production stops at scenecence (death).

Dr. J

THC production does not stop when pollinated...
That’s a myth...

THC production stops at scenecence (death).

Ahhhh alrighty then! I like that at least some good news. At this point I don’t think I can’t pull the trigger to cut everything down, I’m going to just finish it off and at the worst have a bunch of seeds to pop. Thanks for the input much appreciated!

G

ganjygav

You will still get high from it. Just because it has seeds don't mean it won't get you high. Years ago a lot of bud I used to buy had seeds in it and it still did its job.

Its just less than ideal. I've thrown out crops in anger because they seeded. I kick myself after.
If its just for personal smoke I would keep it going.

Does anybody else remember smoking seeded weed?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s only been the last twenty five or so years I could even find sensi. Before that I was sorting seeds from every sack!

therevverend

Veteran
First remove any remaining males or hermaphrodites. Then do what you normally do.
It's not true that THC production stops when a plant gets knocked up. Some of the vigor of the plant will switch from producing trichomes and terpenes to producing seeds. I haven't seen scientific testing as to how much more potent sinsemilla is then seeded but I think the more seeds the plant has the less potent it will be. That said I've smoked pot hopelessly seeded that was very strong.
Whether the seeds are useful and worth collecting is up to you. I have no idea whether the male was a 'keeper' but most decent breeders select males carefully. If your strain is rare or noteworthy the seeds could be a blessing in disguise.

potty1

or they could be a load of hermies just like the parents...
do you know in particular which plants were trannys?theres a couple of "breesders" on your list that are beginning to develop a rep of expensive untested intersex plants and peolle should be told about rooms being ruined after paying $$$

green404

Buds still have thc when they have seeds. I have gotten many good landraces that were full of seeds, it just took a little time to sift the seeds out.

I would finish them out, clean it and vape it.

Dr. J

or they could be a load of hermies just like the parents...
do you know in particular which plants were trannys?theres a couple of "breesders" on your list that are beginning to develop a rep of expensive untested intersex plants and peolle should be told about rooms being ruined after paying $$$

I didn’t get any hermies on my last run with the seeds, just females and males. I was on a trip the for the first 3 weeks and the guy taking care of the room missed 1 big male full on open pods and a lot of them. I noticed it freaked out and pulled it with out turning off all the fans and now it looks like the pollen got everywhere. I have this j1 that has never hermied on me and she’s all seeded up. So I don’t know if it was that 1 male plants pollen or if there were hernie in this batch that tainited everything. Can I male plant pollenste a whole room?

igrowone

Veteran
sounds like the cry of 'hermie' might be a little pessimistic
it doesn't sound like you spotted any bananas on you ladies
in which case you just did seed grow with the smokeable weed as a bonus
the big hit is the effective drug weight, you do lose a lot of that from seeded plants
but the effect can be still be very good, varies from variety to variety
back in the day, it's all there was and some was uber potent

nickman

Veteran
I didn’t get any hermies on my last run with the seeds, just females and males. I was on a trip the for the first 3 weeks and the guy taking care of the room missed 1 big male full on open pods and a lot of them. I noticed it freaked out and pulled it with out turning off all the fans and now it looks like the pollen got everywhere. I have this j1 that has never hermied on me and she’s all seeded up. So I don’t know if it was that 1 male plants pollen or if there were hernie in this batch that tainited everything. Can I male plant pollenste a whole room?

I would definitely think one male could pollinate ur whole room, especially if a fan was on ...

Seeded plants aren’t the end of the world, shit happens ...

iTarzan

That’s a losing battle bro. Once seeds begin to form, thc production all but stops.

No it doesn't. Some of the most potent pot I ever smoked was seeded. Some say that plants with seeds make more resins to protect the seeds. Sensi gives you all bud.