What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Contest: Grow of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Veteran
We are starting a new contest today, Grow of the Month!

Any grow completed in the month of April is eligible for consideration as Grow of the Month.

Anyone can suggest a grow (not their own) for nomination by contacting a moderator. The mods will whittle down the suggestions to 10 or less and make the final nominations. Then the grows will be presented to the ICMag membership for a vote on the best grow.

A prize will be awarded to the winner, still to be determined, but likely to be either a year's subscription to ICmag or possibly an ICmag T-Shirt.

The criteria for getting nominated are as follows:
For sure it must be a grow completed during this month.

It should be well documented with photos from each stage of growth.

Harvested pics should be included - doesn't need to be cured.

Extra consideration will be awarded for the following:

• The quality of the information in the thread.
  • The frequency and presentation of updates (weekly updates?).
  • The quality of multimedia (photos/video) macros etc.
  • The design setup explained, DIY details can make for a really great thread.
  • Unique setup and design.
  • The amount of interest in the grow.
  • Strain review.
  • Smoke report.
  • Replying to all questions on the thread.
  • The end result, the quality of the harvest.
These are the criteria to be used to judge a grow journal. So it's NOT JUST THE END RESULT, nor is it based solely upon how the plants look, how big they are, how well they smoke. It's about how well the grower did documenting the grow and other factors like innovation or responding to questions.

So growers should make an extra effort to tidy up their grow journals this month if they want to be nominated.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
could you clarify if micro grows etc are included or if it has to be a thread from 'grow diaries'?

thanks,

VG

Skip

Veteran
It can be any kind of grow from anywhere on the site, not just this forum.

So grow journals from other sections should also be considered.
Like the Grow Journals and the Grow Reports. Although there haven't been any recent grows approved there.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Neat idea.

Maybe this will encourage more people to show the entirety of there grow.

Skip

Veteran
All suggestions for nominations need to be brought to a mods attention via PM, not posted in open forum.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember you pitching this idea in the photo of the month thread and I am stoked you guys decided to make it a reality! Thanks this should be fun :D

Granger2

Veteran
Skip,
What if you have a multi strain grow [in same tent, section, etc], and some plants are not ready till next month? Thanks. -granger

Skip

Veteran
a years subscription to icmag?? what exactly does that entail??
You can find info here:
https://www.icmag.com/modules/Benefits/

Any other prizes TBA...

I'm not sure if there are anymore of the original mags out there or not. Once upon a time there was a room full of them...

Maybe someone will be able to squeeze out some pdfs of the mag... Maybe a dvd from the original mag might be found...

Who knows what might be coming next from ICmag... :whistling:

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

i gotta get a nomination in, i like how these contests force me to look into sections of the mag that i dont usually hit up, searching threads im not familiar with that are worthy....

ill be lookin for one....

im wondering if you have gotten any/many nominations yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.