What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mazar & Lebanese

Esskie

esskie
you have some nice plants and in few weeks you gonna have
and some nice buds..do what you like to do and keep
the thread alive.peoples maybe are boring 2 answer but
they look..as far you keep the thread posted and your
plants geting bigger then you see peoples stopping by
in your thread my friend.
do it for you first..if you dont, then stop it.
:smokeit: good luck man

Hi and thanx tjo
You speak the truth my friend & people do tend to look/read on forums more than they post.....fact

Well I'll be keeping the updates coming for sure & making sure I get another digi camera that is cool under a sodium bulb before the eye candy starts appearing from this strain

maybe it's just impatience on my behalf :drum:, the last grow thread I did on IC was back in 2004/05 lol.........being a regular back then meant I knew more people but it's a bit like starting from scratch again and makin new friends ya know?

Esskie

musta both been posting at the sametime there grwAer0 mate

yeah, I'm the same myself, I'd rather look at pics of nice buds than small plants in veg :watchplant:

Esskie

Hi there,
Hope the year got off to a good start for everyone

I know it has for us :)

We currently have 5 Lebanese cloned & into 12/12, first two then another 3 a week & a bit later.....1 of the first pair & 2 of latter to go in are pistillate......still waiting on the others to show.

this is Leb #1 @ approx 2.5wks
picture.php

(anyone spot the double serrations such as Cheeze exhibits?)
this appears to be one of the taller types, not sure if pheno is the right word tbh as the 2 are identical in everyway other than one type being shorter with tighter nodes & the other taller & less dense

(plant #2 - pistillate)
picture.php

We did have a slight nute issue with the above plant & her sibling, the EC was approx 1.40-1.45 with only Bloom, Boost & additives such as cannazyme etc

now these plants dislike high levels of nutrients anyway & are supposed to be non too receptive of liquid feeds.....which I take to mean they don't do well in hydro?
Anyway, I dropped the EC down to a measly 1.20-1.25 for their first couple of nights & added a small amount of Grow to the solution to green them up a bit

I'm pleased to say that they responded well and all are looking just fine......the solution is now backup at 1.45. There are other strains in there too so I'll have to compromise the strength of the solution so they are still doing well

Another plant I'd like to show you that I'm very proud of & please it's turned out so promising looking is a BMR x Chronic we made last grow

here are a couple of pics - pistillate
picture.php
top down
picture.php

it's seems to have taken the indica side from the Chronic (I had indica and sativa phenos from the pack), it's lineage is in my sig

I know these plants are all a bit small @ around 15" ~ 18" to be thinking about flowering them atm but tbh, I have/am taking clones of each one, we want to get them sexed asap and the veg sys is chokka lol
there are HashPlant, BMR, Chronic, another couple of RSC Leb, 2 x GHS-Cheeze and 4 x RSC Mazar F2s by HeryRhom all vegging in there atm with more clones ready to join them

this grow probably won't yield anything near what could be had due to their size but it will hopefully allow us to get to know the plant's needs etc meaning the next time round can consist of nicely vegged females

rocket high

Veteran
Good to see the thread alive again ess ...mind keep some of that pollen for me ;) might have a cross in mind ............keep up the good work

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
happy new year esskie..:santa1:

try to find one good camera..your photos are not so clear man.
and you never knows how much the yield is gonna be..
think positive+, keep the good work and im sure your
plants will do the best for you.:yes:

Esskie

Happy New Year guys, is that you back online now rocket mate yeah?

what pollen do you mean bro?

I've kept a HashPlant male just ticking over as I'll need to make HP f2s for sure, that strain was always one of my main strains. It was always on the go for around 3-4yrs with seeds in stock but sadly the pair I have on the go atm are the last of 2 packs bought back around 2004?.

The Chronic pollen is gone bro if you meant that?, only enough to dust a couple of decent sized buds was collected.....sorry man. a BMR x Chronic cut can be put aside for you if you want?

regarding the Leb, the ones in 12s atm are there already because I didn't have any room in the veg sys plus they had to be sexed.....4 pistillate so far.....(you want a Leb male?)
(there's a HashPlant clone or 2 here for you btw rocket bud & I'll sort a couple of Leb cuts for you)

This lot of Leb from seed will let me see how high I can push the EC without causing nute burn as it's not too keen on liquid and/or high EC levels so although the yield will be crap in comparision it'll serve it's purpose if that makes sense

All the best to yourself there too tjo & thanks for stoppin by, first time flowering the Leb, a new to me strain man so yeah, I won't have a clue what the yield will be like but that's half the fun of it for me I think?, finding out all it's got to offer ya know?.

it doesn't stop at harvest/drying time either as a proper cure totally changes a bud from hanging for only 2-3wks say as you'll know
the HP however is an old friend which I know, always a good yielder & a nute hungry strain....you can really throw the nutes at em and be nicely rewarded with baseball bat colas

Tbh, right now I have a few strains going after a complete grow room change & rebuild so things are only really getting settled down again now....I'm still kinda getting the bloom area dialled in other than the Leb though.

next batch in will be nicely vegged pistillate clones so no time & light is being wasted on any unwanted males as I'll get em all out this time round.....

There's 2 GHS-Cheeze which rocket high was good enough to send my way to do too which haven't even been cloned yet either!

the nutes in the bloom sys seem to be to their liking atm as they are looking ok so that's good, crap pics I know.......used to have an old digital Fuji 1400fx which was a crackin wee camera under the HPS but it's long dead sadly, the macro on it was really good too letting close-up trichrome shots be easy

Got more RSC beans en-route, Garhwali Jungli, Parvati, Malana Cream, more Leb & my other pack of Mazar so lookin forward to getting a nice big sat (Jungli) under one of the 600s....it's been a longtime since I've grown anything that far to the sat side so lookin forward to that one

SuperConductor

Veteran
Alright Esskie, did you mention to Namkha about the Mazars? I'm pretty sure he'd replace them for you. Very interested in this Lebanese tho, been impressed with the grows I've seen so far looks to be the most indoor growable of their landraces it seems. Meant to be a great smoke too and actually does finish in around 8 weeks. You should try and keep a little Leb pollen to throw on those sats you've got coming from RSC ;)

Esskie

Alright Esskie, did you mention to Namkha about the Mazars? I'm pretty sure he'd replace them for you. Very interested in this Lebanese tho, been impressed with the grows I've seen so far looks to be the most indoor growable of their landraces it seems. Meant to be a great smoke too and actually does finish in around 8 weeks. You should try and keep a little Leb pollen to throw on those sats you've got coming from RSC ;)

Hi man,
I spoke to Angus at RSC via email and was given a replacement pack of a strain of my choosing which I think was pretty cool of him :cool:

I chose another pack of Mazar as it really is a strain worth having imo, haven't put any into soak yet as there are 4 very healthy f2s made from RSC Mazar by HeryRhom vegging atm which are all looking uniform so we'll see how these go
the replacement Mazar arrived this morning as it happens with the others I'd ordered :dance013:

Re the Leb, it's a beautiful looking plant man!, really enjoying growing it and looking forward to smoking it. apart from a little nute burn at the start they've been responding well in both veg and bloom.
A little droop for a few hours when first put them into the bloom system but it's always back to normal again by morning........really wish I could take some better pics under the HPS, this isn't the first time I've faced this problem but I'm working on it ;)

It's unlikely all of these of these strains will show their true expressions under artificial light but isn't that the same with all landrace/ibl lines
putting them outside?....it'd be horrible to end up with something too big to take home not finish in time but you never know......October is mentioned but I dunno what latitude that is referring to?

dusting a Garhwali and/or Malana with some Leb pollen is a good idea and will probably happen when they are started?, there are more Leb seeds in the tub so popping a couple with the sats isn't a great hassle
those will be grown in a soil-mix though and organically as possible, there are 2 big 20-25L planters that should do the job nicely in the garage :yes:

remember the date today when I said that btw, I'll probably have a couple of each soaking before the week is out :smokeit:

Esskie

Bekaa Valley in Lebanon

Bekaa Valley in Lebanon

never knew it was there but I found this vid in my u-tube favz......Lebanese Hashish: From Planting To Production

this is filmed at the Bekaa Valley, these RSC seeds originated from a mountainous region above Bekaa Valley in Lebanon........wonder if there is any common lineage? :thinking:

the plants they are growing seem to have very little/practically no fan leaf, the little leaf I did see looked familiar though

the vid is a news report shot almost exactly a year ago showing the farmers getting the shitty end of the stick as usual

I had to laugh when he said "it's the cleanest you can buy" just as the film showed a couple of guys literally shoveling different grades of powdered material around off a dusty floor :biggrin:

Afghan growers have been facing this for years now with a marked reduction in cannabis growth there. It's up to us growers to keep these strains alive and true before they disappear altogether

kerlito

"Tibet freedom"
Veteran
je joi

je joi

Hi Esskie i can´t see many of the pictures you post here.

Last edited:

Esskie

not sure why that is kerlito man?

posts 5, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 23 have pics embedded in them........by that I mean as in not just a link........the youtube vid in my last post was just a link??

SuperConductor

Veteran
Yeah I can see em alright. Nothing in first 3-4 posts on first page but can see everything else. I wait til the lights switch off to take pics myself.

Esskie

Cheers for that guys

kerlito it must be at your end man :dunno:

There are no pics posted until post #5 so dunno if that's the deal with yourself there SuperConductor?

the very 1st pics I posted are of seeds literally just germinated on white capillary matting in a 5cm net pot (11-15-2009 07:43PM)

the next is a small seedling in post #8 (12-03-2009 11:00AM)

I can remember messing about with either a text link to the pic or an embedded pic in the posts at first rocket high man so that may be what you are seeing.....or not seeing as it goes lol

Btw, the pair of Cheeze I got from you in our wee swap have been cloned & were put into 12s last night bro so lookin forward to those. 10wks you mentioned was it yes? :ying:

On another completely unrelated note, I got these through the door :yay: :cool:
picture.php
Obviously this is OT but 3 x Garhwali have been chucked into pre-soak so look out for a thread appearing

By pollinating Leb x Leb, Garhwali x Leb & Parvati x Leb I'd hope to create shorter finishing sativa cultivars.
working like this pure heirlooms and hybrids can be produced which will, over a generation or two, be well acclimatised to my conditions so the future is looking good in terms of some nice genetics occupying the grow rooms :canabis:

Back to the Lebanese, taking pics of them out from under the HPS is about all I can do atm SuperConductor mate but even that's not ideal. We are hoping to pickup another decent camera soon, it must have a macro function on it!!

here are 2 of the remaining Lebanese still in veg which have both shown the same occurance at the exact same time......the top shoot on both has split into 2 new separate growing tips without having been nipped out/topped so I'll be keeping a close eye on this pair!
One of them infact has 3 shoots & 3 fan leaves at the bottom or first proper set of serrated leaf but sadly reverts to the normal 2 from there on up until approx the 6th-8th node where it's split

Here is a pic of the triploid looking first sets of fan leaf on the plant mentioned above
picture.php

and here's one of the 2 that have ended up topping themselves lol
picture.php

I hope you can see the last pic clear enough to see the 2 new growing tops?, I encountered this on a NRS-Papaya (or may have been Afghan?) once but it never affected the plant adversely whatsoever but often plants showing quirky traits like this can be wee diamonds in the rough so to speak?

I'll get my finger out and get some decent pics of those Leb that are in 12/12, only 1.5wks after the flip and they are forming decent sized crowns on the bud sites......the nutrient solution must be to their liking..........it's sitting at EC: 1.45-1.50 & pH 6.2

SuperConductor

Veteran
Yeah it's like a self FIM or something, bonkers. Those crosses will be quality i reckon, I can see a lot of the next generation of new breeder hybrids will be from RSC stock or should be at least. Got some in the collection but want to wait til i can do them all in one go.

Yeah it occured to me there weren't actually any pics posted in the first few but thought i'd say just in case lol

Esskie

It's weird how they both went like that at the same time :chin:

there was no changes in light, temp or nutes etc at all......weird. Sometimes I think I'm too analytical of strains until I get to know them, so to speak, although that's not your everyday occurrence

Your suggestion of pollinating the sats with Leb pollen is a good one man, I was talking to Gus at RSC & he strongly suggests doing the same thing

the Leb, being the quickest at 8wks but I was surprised when he told me the others, they aren't much later with the longest being around 12wks
(Lebs (mid Sept), Garhwali (early Oct), Parvati (early-mid Oct) and Malana (early-mid Oct) in the great outdoors)

the Chronic I've got on the go atm is best at 10wks, however it is a sat pheno of a Fraser Valley sat x Cali Indica, so I'm only looking at a couple of weeks longer than that :yes:

admittedly, we did tend to choose the quickest strains there but if I can achieve a nice 'pick me up' for my morning smoke I'll be happy. the malana is apparently exceptionally nice that way.....euphoric and very active

we'll watch the Leb and perhaps crop some on the early side, some when it's ready and leave some a week longer or so to compare the differences

RSC certainly seem to be very popular and, as you say have some really nice cultivars to be starting a breeding program with for sure!

Esskie

and pics you shall have bro (although a bit on the late and overdue side)

the Lebanese seem to be showing 3 or 4 expressions in hydro?, each now looks completely different now they've began to bloom and are producing/forming buds

there are only really pics of Leb #C here as it's a pain in the ass trying to use a phone that takes garbage pics anyway :deadhorse

Leb #C, one of the last pairs to be put into bloom, is looking the best suited to hydro of them all by far!.......nice thick sturdy stem with tight nodes with large clumps of bud forming in a columnar fashion up to a nice big crown with resin aplenty already and only around 4wks? into bloom
picture.php

you can just make out the resin forming on the leaf in this dark pic
picture.php

......we love the way she always has her fan leaf at that 45deg angle lookin for light :canabis:
picture.php

there is 1 other Leb that looks like this one but not quite so big, the others range one that's frosty as hell but will yield nothing to another that kinda looks to be forming bud just like the pair of GHS-Cheese right next to it :dunno:

Tbh, other than the straggly one, despite all my fears regarding growing them in hydro have been laid to rest....so far!......it isn't over until the fat lady sings as they say & knowing my luck lately Leb #C will start throwing staminate flowers all over the place :biggrin:

Of the first Mazar, we were unlucky/lucky (depending on if your a glass if half full or half empty type of person) as only 3 sprouted (tbf, they were slow seeds and do pop given adequate time & conditions)

Of the 3 we ended up with 1 staminate & 2 pistillates.......one of those females being the one in the black pot at the start of the thread ;)

she's turned out a beautiful young lady....her calyxes were purple from the start despite no cool temps in the bloom area so I'm wondering if I maybe have a purp?, all the foliage is green though so dunno about that one

here are a couple of shitty pics
picture.php

picture.php

and one more....
picture.php

Been lookin at digi cameras btw & have found Fuji/FujiFilm do a range of refurbished models, RRP maybe around £180-£200GBP but the refurbished ones (which come with a warranty)

We're going to look into it and drop em an email anyway and see if we can sort something decent out, the main Fuji site for Europe has links

Anyway, soz for takin so long with the update folks, had loads on plus without a cam it didn't seem so much fun :biggrin:

Regards, Esskie

Regards