What's new

2018 outdoor start... some questions...

Fufluns

soon I will start my outdoor cultivation ... I will keep the plants for a month indoors under 8 t5ho, and then move them outdoors...

I will start in 6-liter pots (the pots are made of canvas plastic... for the transplant just cut the canvas...) outdoors they will be planted in the ground...
I decided to use 6-liter pots because I saw that in one-gallon pots the roots in a month have already largely colonized ... and this year I want to transplant in the ground when the pot is not yet fully colonized...
I have a couple of bags of earth, a light mix of mills(ec 1,15) and a one lot of mills dna ultimate soil with cork (contains a 25% of coconut fiber and cork instead of perlite and an ec 1.25 - 2.45, the value ec increases gradually to about 2.45 because the fertilizer balls dissolve slowly)
I would like your advice ... I would like to fill the 6 liter pots with 3 liters on the bottom of the ultimate soil mix and the rest of light mix ... or mix a destination of ultimate soil and light mix up to half the pot and the remaining 3 liters with the light mix ... or is it better to start with the light mix (adding a 10% coconut)?

another question what is your method for acclimatization of plants in the sun?

Sorry for my bad english

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put them under a shade tree for 4-6 days getting filtered light= acclimating to full sun
"would like to fill the 6 liter pots with 3 liters on the bottom of the ultimate soil mix and the rest of light mix ... or mix a destination of ultimate soil and light mix up to half the pot and the remaining 3 liters with the light mix ... or is it better to start with the light mix (adding a 10% coconut)?"..that'll work!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts