What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fasten Your Seatbelts

brown_thumb

I have a great idea to help reduce population. Take everyone who's I.Q. is under 150 and shoot them in the head and throw them in a big hole.

Not only will this solve so many problems associated with over population. But, it will also make life so much more pleasant for those who are left behind. LOL

Well, at least every politician would be removed from the gene pool.

ridnovir

You obviously didn't look at ITER beyond the home page. It's not the French's to share. There are 35 plus countries involved and it was first approved and started in the Reagan Gorbachov era. Trial are slated to start in the next few years. Then bootstrap up to more efficient and upgraded designs to be built as actual plants to supply the worlds needs. I think last thing I saw was in 20 years or so they could be coming online world wide. Unless something new usurps them but without help from little green men THIS will be the future power for our children and grand children.

You obviously jump to conclusions and you are too fast to throw people into this or that camp. I have been following fusion reactor in France since 2000s ie 17 years already and it is still only half way done and still 20 years away to be be fully on line. (FYI I am also following the Wendelstein 7-X reactor in Germany) I meant the French will not be providing electricity to your neck of the woods form that reactor anytime soon. And as far as I know there is no fusion reactors build in US of A. I am all for fusion it is clean and potentially limitless and in future each house might have a scaled down version to power its needs but we are decades away from that. BTW I am way to the right of you that is not even funny and a little scary for some I just have sense and am conscious about environment because I want to be healthy and I want my kids to enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature. Back on topic. Trumps' choices of EPA and AG are dismal to say the least.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
No the solution is not to burn our trash.
We should start reducing the population. as that is the only way to save the planets resources before 10-20 or 100 billion humans eat, drink, mine, fish, cut all forests and pollute the entire planet and oceans.
You can not fight high population once it gets way to high, we all need to do something today to stop the increase.
Maybe we should consider giving a $1000 award to anyone that will commit to not having children before they do, or et them adopt. There must be a way to insure that one birth child is the norm, just by allowing people to make that choice. I am not for forced sterility but it might be better then where the world is headed.
SamS

Yes it is. If there was any reason why it isn't the solution, you would have given it. There isn't, so you couldn't.

Proponents of population reduction should lead by example by killing themselves. Id be willing to assist them in doing that if required.

brown_thumb

I don't think any home in the US (or elsewhere) makes enough trash to burn for any significant amount of energy potential. I believe some types of trash, along with many other types of waste, can and should be incinerated at large facilities to make some energy but that's a very far cry from being enough to put more than a tiny scratch in our energy usage. Other types of waste should be recycled, if it's energy-efficient to do so.

But back to the topic, I don't know what my state would do if Sessions persists in his nonsense. I'm in a very crappy state regarding its cannabis laws so it may not make much difference to me anyway, at least not in the relative short term.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Maybe Monsanto will invent a super cannabis that will grow like Jack and the Beanstalk's plant. Then, we can burn the stems for energy.

Problem solved.

Spaventa

Veteran
I don't think any home in the US, or elsewhere, makes enough trash to burn for any significant amount of energy potential.

Show us your calculations to back that up.

I referenced only the waste that is landfilled, not all household waste.

Whatever the amount, its obvious we could also burn green waste and be better off than mining coal and transporting it from places like Russia.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have a great idea to help reduce population. Take everyone who's I.Q. is under 150 and shoot them in the head and throw them in a big hole.

Not only will this solve so many problems associated with over population. But, it will also make life so much more pleasant for those who are left behind. LOL

The germans also had a final solution.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Here's the "Ten Commandments of the Antichrist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

The designer and meaning of the guidestones are unknown.

In a nutshell, the message is:
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Glad mine is 151....
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
No reduce the population, or burning all the trash will not matter.

The reason it is not the solution is we will run out of trash to burn when the population tops 100 billion and the Earths resources are all used up, all the forests harvested, all the water drunk, all the fish eaten, all the oil gone. Is that a reason?

As for your assistance, I am old and will not have anymore children, that is for sure. I have not really contributed to the problem as my wife and I have two children and they are happy with just a single child between them. As a granddad I wish there were more, while as a proponent of less population, I am a happy guy.
I think we can offer $ to folks to not have children, and we better do something before it is to late, if it is not already. One way or another the population will fall or we are doomed, or our grandchildren are.
-SamS

Yes it is. If there was any reason why it isn't the solution, you would have given it. There isn't, so you couldn't.

Proponents of population reduction should lead by example by killing themselves. Id be willing to assist them in doing that if required.

brown_thumb

Show us your calculations to back that up.

I referenced only the waste that is landfilled, not all household waste.

Whatever the amount, its obvious we could also burn green waste and be better off than mining coal and transporting it from places like Russia.

I don't need to... it's commons sense. Think about the refuse you produce. Would burning all of that provide a significant amount of the power you use? To turn this around, you provide proof (calculations) of your premise. After all, you're the one who suggested it.

ANYWAY... my state is backwards so whatever Sessions does probably won't affect me in any significant way, in the short-term.

EDIT: I just realized, I'm being baited. I won't respond to Spaventa's troll-ish silliness again.

G

You obviously jump to conclusions and you are too fast to throw people into this or that camp. I have been following fusion reactor in France since 2000s ie 17 years already and it is still only half way done and still 20 years away to be be fully on line. (FYI I am also following the Wendelstein 7-X reactor in Germany) I meant the French will not be providing electricity to your neck of the woods form that reactor anytime soon. And as far as I know there is no fusion reactors build in US of A. I am all for fusion it is clean and potentially limitless and in future each house might have a scaled down version to power its needs but we are decades away from that. BTW I am way to the right of you that is not even funny and a little scary for some I just have sense and am conscious about environment because I want to be healthy and I want my kids to enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature. Back on topic. Trumps' choices of EPA and AG are dismal to say the least.
OK you win. Your the mostest smartest person on earth and have all the answers. I wonder how many mirrors are in your home. Now time to add a new name to the ignore list.

iBogart

Veteran
Oregon’s U.S. Attorney says he has “significant concerns” about state’s marijuana regs and enforcement

y Polly Washburn, The Cannabist Staff
Billy J. Williams, the United States Attorney for the District of Oregon, said in an editorial published Friday that he has concerns about the state’s marijuana regulatory structure, and current enforcement practices.

In an editorial published January 12 on OregonLive.com, Williams wrote, “I have significant concerns about the state’s current regulatory framework and the resources allocated to policing marijuana in Oregon.”

Williams said that he has been given “wide latitude” from U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to “deploy department resources,” after Sessions’ memo last week rescinding the Holden-era Justice Department Cole memo that restricted federal enforcement of federal marijuana laws in states that had legalized the sale of cannabis.
U.S. Attorneys in different regions have released statements regarding their approach. Massachusetts’ federal prosecutor said he “cannot provide assurances” for legal marijuana businesses, while Maine’s has said marijuana users are “not a priority.”

Williams, however wrote, “It would be an inappropriate abdication of my duties to issue any blanket proclamations on our marijuana enforcement strategy in light of federal law.”

Williams cited issues with black and grey market grows, saying they are the source of “money laundering, violence, and environmental degradation.”
Jeff Sessions’ letter to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown in July 2017 had cited “pervasive illicit cannabis cultivation” a phrase he took from an Oregon State Police report.
When Gov. Brown and Police Superintendent Travis Hampton responded to Sessions in August, they indicated that the report Sessions was referring to was meant to be an internal draft.

In his op-ed, Williams wrote, “We need more information from the state” and called on the state to release the final version of the report.
Williams said in his editorial that he is convening a summit to “address and remedy” concerns and will be inviting federal, state, local and tribal law enforcement, plus public health organizations, Oregon marijuana interests and concerned citizen groups. “This summit and the state’s response will inform our federal enforcement strategy,” he wrote.

Echoing sentiments expressed over the last year by Sessions, Williams expressed concern as to the effects of adult-use marijuana on Oregon’s citizens. “Even recreational marijuana permitted under state law carries ill-effects on public health and safety, as Colorado’s experience shows,” citing a rise in marijuana-related traffic deaths, and marijuana-related emergency and hospital admissions.

Williams also claimed that Colorado youth marijuana use is “up 12 percent, 55 percent higher than the national average. We must do everything in our power to avoid similar trends here in Oregon.”

In fact, one recent study showed that teen use in Colorado has decreased, although Colorado school police disputed this decline.

Williams summed up his statement, “We will continue to look at cases individually and assess whether charges are appropriate considering the best needs of our community.”
Oregon was the first state to decriminalize personal possession, in 1973. It legalized medical marijuana in 1998 and recreational use in 2014, with adult-use sales commencing in October 2015.

Brown and Oregon’s congressional representative Earl Blumenauer have said they will fight Sessions’ move to change federal enforcement.

https://www.thecannabist.co/2018/01/12/billy-williams-oregon-attorney-marijuana/96649/

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
In the meantime, the Canadian government is considering Pardons for marijuana related criminal convictions once legalization comes into force.

Spaventa

Veteran
I don't need to... it's commons sense. Think about the refuse you produce. Would burning all of that provide a significant amount of the power you use? To turn this around, you provide proof (calculations) of your premise. After all, you're the one who suggested it.

ANYWAY... my state is backwards so whatever Sessions does probably won't affect me in any significant way, in the short-term.

EDIT: I just realized, I'm being baited. I won't respond to Spaventa's troll-ish silliness again.

I didn't specify any output or even claim that household waste would fulfil the entire demand for electricity. All I said was we should burn landfill waste. Never said it would be all we needed.

The only behaviour so far that could be described as "trollish" is the guy who starts accusing and throwing insults when he's doesn't have an answer, or can't back up an assertion they made.
Thats you - you have nothing to prove your assertion and are the one calling me silly and a troll. This makes YOU a troll.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
No the solution is not to burn our trash.
We should start reducing the population. as that is the only way to save the planets resources before 10-20 or 100 billion humans eat, drink, mine, fish, cut all forests and pollute the entire planet and oceans.
You can not fight high population once it gets way to high, we all need to do something today to stop the increase.
Maybe we should consider giving a $1000 award to anyone that will commit to not having children before they do, or et them adopt. There must be a way to insure that one birth child is the norm, just by allowing people to make that choice. I am not for forced sterility but it might be better then where the world is headed.
SamS

But Sam, you'll be branded a racist by the liberals for even encouraging that idea because it will disproportionaly affect communities of color. Particularly the poor communities.

The optimal solution would be to eradicate poverty(yeah that'll happen). People who live in poverty tend to have more children than people from more affluent nations. While people from non-poor backgrounds are having less children today than before.

I have no doubt there would be reduction in global population growth if poverty could be eradicated or greatly reduced. Unfortunately, poverty is here to stay.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have no doubt there would be reduction in global population growth if poverty could be eradicated or greatly reduced. Unfortunately, poverty is here to stay.

I don't agree. We know that poverty breeds crime. Get rid of poverty, get rid of crime, ignorance and prejudice.

Hemp is the solution to all of our problems.

It can be made into fuel, plastics, food, fiber, can replenish the earth where it’s grown, and can sequester CO2.

Latest posts

Latest posts