What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BureauofCannabis Control 400 cannabis businesses hold licenses,additional 1,800 Filed

Medfinder

Chemon 91
California is now the sixth state in the nation to allow recreational cannabis sales, joining Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Nevada. The marijuana market — the largest cannabis one in the country — is expected to grow to $7 billion annually by 2020.

state of California,” Bureau of Cannabis Control Chief Lori Ajax, said in a prepared statement. “We are hopeful that we have put forth a model that other states will look to as an example when they head down the path to legalization.”

To prepare for Monday’s sales, the state has spent the past year creating complex rules and taxation for retailers, distributors, testing laboratories, event organizers and other cannabis-related businesses.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/01/first-recreational-marijuana-shops-open-in-california/

los angeles expects 400 new shops in the next few months.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
200 growers permits with 26 of them to one company, Honeydew farms, as of today.

many companies with multiple permits 3-5 looks to be about average.

picture.php

M

moose eater

"And there's fire on the mountain, lightning in the air. Gold in them hills, and it's waiting for me there. We were diggin' and siftin' from 5 to 5, selling everything we had, just to stay alive....." (Marshall Tucker Band)

Like with any 'gold rush,' there'll be plenty of losers, and some winners, too.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
went to the honeydew site...

Fire og? outdoor?

hmm... well its legal in cali so.... loads of outdoor coming

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
yeah Outdoor, they got 600 acres so I'd imagine they could produce all the outdoor the state could buy once they get rolling...

picture.php

I'll bet 600 acres of weed works out way better than growing melons:biggrin:
picture.php