What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica - Sensi Seeds

G

Hi guys, so here is my report for the MLI.

Good healthy plants, very easy to grow, moderate vigor, I sowed 20 seeds, 19 germinated, 11 females-8 males, gave a few females away, finished 8 of them. In terms of structure there were 2 types: one of them very columnar with almost no branching and responding late to toppings. The other one was a lot branchier with smaller buds but more of them.

All plants share the same kind of fruity flavor but some were sweeter/creamier, the other ones smell very sour, like green apple flavored sour candy let's say. I suck at describing smells.

Taste is very similar in all of them. It is sweet and stays in your mouth for a long time. Some of the best tasting weed I have grown (around 35-40 strains so far)

The effect is a lot more balanced than you would expect with the word "indica" in the name. Quite euphoric at first as mandalasatori said, some of the plants are a little racy in the first 30 min, others are not racy at all. After 30-40 min the effect becomes very relaxing, but not very narcotic as say Bubba Kush. Definitely milder than other indicas I have grown, but very nice and "kind" effect.

I am keeping 2 of the plants to run them a second time next year. I kept my favourite one which is milder, but really "feel good" weed branchy and great yielder. The other one I kept was just objectively the best plant. Biggest yielder, smelliest, tastiest and most potent, all in one. I just like the effect of the other one a little bit better. They will both get a second chance.

Last edited:

FiftySeeds

Very nice report !

Any pics of thoses ladies ?

Some of the best tasting weed I have grown (around 35-40 strains so far)
Now so many growers try "titanium gozilla iced donut auto fem" strains like , it's always a pleasure to seed those lines alive and kicking.

There always a larger part of pheno hunt with regs, take a little more time but can rewards you with the cream of the crop , the craziest plants.:biggrin: and new generations also .

JayWilly

I grew a bunch of these outdoors a few years ago . They were from sensi seeds 2013 stock. The things I noticed about them are that all my phenos cured to a brown or dark green camo color very hashy with flavors and smells of maple syrup, grapefruit,mild berry or glazed donut all very sweet tasteing. The plants all had large leafy buds on giant indica like structure . Not great as a flower but a great plant for making hash ,very high return. Out of 100 seeds no skunky phenos were found as most were very low odor ( no afgn T phenos found , sorry skunk hunters). Very dominant to breed with. Not comparable to strains grown nowadays very Old school . May bring back some memories to some older folks.

420PyRoS

I grew a bunch of these outdoors a few years ago . They were from sensi seeds 2013 stock. The things I noticed about them are that all my phenos cured to a brown or dark green camo color very hashy with flavors and smells of maple syrup, grapefruit,mild berry or glazed donut all very sweet tasteing. The plants all had large leafy buds on giant indica like structure . Not great as a flower but a great plant for making hash ,very high return. Out of 100 seeds no skunky phenos were found as most were very low odor ( no afgn T phenos found , sorry skunk hunters). Very dominant to breed with. Not comparable to strains grown nowadays very Old school . May bring back some memories to some older folks.
Someone gave me a pack of these (not a retail pack, just 10 or so seeds) a few years ago, I didn't know anything about MLI until you posted and the thread popped up. Cheers!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I have some old MLI and White Rhino Afghan T, and a Sugar Black Rose.

The Sugar Black Rose is female. Perhaps I can pop some MLI and White Rhino Afghan T,
select some males and make crosses.

Life goals. lol

Zlak

MLI - this Afghan cross got its name because of the maple-shaped leaf with large, deep teeth along the edges of the leaf?

Значок Проверено сообществу

Last edited:

RobFromTX

From the photos i see on growdairies it looks like most indicas. Short with fat leaves. Good reviews though

Zlak

In many forms of phenotypes that I see here on the forum, this wide maple leaf is not visible, but there are narrower hybrid leaves. They wrote here on the forum that the MLI genes contain Ortega and Skunk, obviously genetics turns into a skunk phenotype?

Last edited:

Zlak

Maple Leaf Indica x Black Domina ... Я запускал их 4 года назад... Отчасти это имеет отношение к теме >>>
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Описание >>> «Maple Leaf Indica x Black Domina Этот сорт является результатом скрещивания двух сортов Indica. Известные в кругах любителей каннабиса старше 15 лет:

Генетический фон: 100% индика.
Происхождение: Black Domina x Maple Leaf Indica.
Выход: В помещении: 450-550 г/м2.
Выход: В открытом грунте: 600 г/м2.
Время цветения: 45-50 дней.
Месяц сбора урожая: конец сентября.
ТГК: 19%
Вкус: фруктовый, афганский гашиш, сосна.
Уровень аромата: фруктовый, афганский гашиш, сосна.
Эффект: эйфорический, расслабляющий через некоторое время.
In your plants you can see the structure of maple leaf and indica; if, according to the descriptions of pepper and pine terpenes, it has a powerful narcotic and subsequently euphoric effect, then the MLI + BD cross clearly turned out to be an excellent Afghani.

Last edited:
I did a repro of Maple Leaf Indica about a year ago, seeds are from 2010. All plants were quite similar so far, fat fingers and fat leafs, harvested in week 9 after flip to 12/12. The fingers of the first pairs of leaves are often slightly fused together at the leaf vein. No couchlock or narcotic effect, more of a happy relaxed mood with a calming body effect. Smell and taste are a little sweet with citrus flavors, hardly any earthiness that I know from other Afghanis. A good relaxing daytime smoke.

A friend of mine had grown a recent batch of MLI a few months ago, these plants looked more like a hybrid type than any of my phenos and took a good week longer to finish. The smell was rather dark and lemony. I've heard from other growers that the MLI batches since 2012/2013 no longer correspond to the plants of earlier ones. Can't say anything about the effect as I haven't vaped it.

Last edited: