What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Building a new dual RDWC flowering system

Drop That Sound

A comparison between the HDX 27 and Husky 25s.

The best part about the Husky, besides being light proof without paint & sleek looking, is that it has hardly any off gas funk.

I would say 2/10, the HDX being a 9/10 in the smell department.

Also note that the corners are flat, and can accept a bulkhead, could be useful.

Attachments

• IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 10

Drop That Sound

Oh and check out this bathtub overflow fitting, could make a nice bulkhead. Only 1 1/2" though.

They normally come in a kit with the main drain too, for like 25-60$

Not very practical that way but I keep digging for them in the fittings bins at the re-store for 25-50 cents!

I also stashed abunch of brand new 2" sch 80 unions and valves in the places ppl don't look, after 3 months its 75% off at my local store.

They are already cheap enough at 5-6 a peice, compared to 20-40 new, let alone the huge discount i'll get if someone dont snatch em ;)

I will be using 2" male/female conduit fittings with an o-ring as the bulkheads for this build..

Also, here is one of my original plans, with buckets.

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 13

Drop That Sound

DIY Air Diffusers

DIY Air Diffusers

A sneak peak of whats to come:

Scored a nice haul of .700 poly tube compression fittings (tees/elbows/couplers), bought 8 bulk accessory kit bags for a dollar each!

Picked up a $10 25ft 1/2" soaker hose at lowes. Be aware; there are 2 different versions I seen on the same shelf, one with a flimsier hose thats already kinked from the packaging straps. I got the nice one in the back of the shelf.

The hose fits snug as a bug in the fittings.

I see people using 3/8 soaker hose, but never 1/2+.

My plan is to just keep cutting little 3" sections and replace every grow.

The only problem I see is it will wanna float more than any other type of diffuser. I plan on zip-tying them to the inside of the bulkheads.

I could also shove plastic rods in to stiffen them up. Cheap plastic coat hangers to be exact.. if all else fails i'll install nylon bolts through the bottom of the containers to hold them in place.

Will be testing soon, to see how they work.

Attachments

• IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 12

Drop That Sound

queequeg!: Unfortunately I think that nice clear pvc I got might actually be polycarbonate. Ah well I only paid 3 bucks..

Seems that i'm not under high pressure do you think I could just use pvc cement anyway, or should I glue it with plastics epoxy?

I hate using epoxies, some of the 2 part ones make be break out.

Oh ya.. check this out lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9UAGtIi3o

Drop That Sound

Update:

Update:

Finally got around to ordering the rest of the parts I needed.

x2 Valterra Unibody Gate Valves, both 2" SLIP X SPIGOT.
(Because large ball valves suck, and take up more space.)

x2 BANJO LS200-80 Y Strainers. 2" with 316 SS 80 mesh screens.
(not the top load 25sq spa filters I wanted but those can wait)

x1 Ecoplus commercial air pump.
(needed another one, now i'll have one for each system. Lots of air for my new custom 1/2" air diffusers.

x1 035 Silicone O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Red, 2-1/4" ID, 2-3/8" OD, 1/16" Width (Pack of 25)
(could only source enough 2" I.P.S. rubber union washers locally at the hardware stores for maybe one systems worth of bulk heads)

In other words, It will be full 2" leading into the 2" strainers. Not straight into 3/4" reduced from the 2" manifolds first, like most systems I see.

Attachments

• val2202_1_.jpg
    val2202_1_.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
  • LS200-80-1.jpg
    LS200-80-1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 13

Drop That Sound

Two 1000w nanolux digi's.. They usually do best at 750 in my small space. I might lower to 50% and supplement with 15w led bulb fixtures, so I can get a better spread..

I use cheap bulbs and replace a lot. Had some good grows in this room already.

Also going to upgrade my trellis nets to adjustable double deckers, not sure if they will even fit right with the new systems going in..