What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do you think i'm ready to harvest this one?

G

ganjygav

I’d say more like 2 weeks to go...if not 3. What medium are you in? I’m not so sure I’d be flushing yet

Agreed, when I first started growing I was told to wait until at least 80% of white hairs turn orange but really this is the earliest indicator.
I go by resin glands now and wait for a good deal of them to turn Amber. This gives me knockout weed that sends me to the land of dreams.

If you was to crop that in a weeks time it wouldn't be very potent and you would likely only get a ten minute head rush buzz

I use a lab microscope I bought on EBay for $60 to look at the trichomes. Much easier than one of those cheap hand held scopes.

Instead of turning on the lamp, I shine a flashlight in from the side. I get a perfect, steady image and can adjust focus and slowly move around on the sample I snipped off.

Very easy to see the trichomes as they go from clear to cloudy to amber. Watch out, as once they start to turn amber they will all go quick in just a day or so, I've found.

Last edited:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
That bit is nowhere near done

Where abouts on the plant is that?

Full plant pic pls

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Exactly, can't tell squat from that pic. But it certainly does not look close to done.

Info such as how many days flower, strain, and full plant pics will get you a more accurate answer.

I harvested my auto AK-47 today and that was planted on Oct. 1st. Once the trichomes start to turn amber I watch closely for more to turn then pull it. Today was that day.

Even without my microscope and with my old eyes I can see the trichomes have gone darker. Using the microscope only confirms to me what percentage. Worth the investment if you plan to continue growing.

This looks similar (same brand) to the one I own. Mine has 4x, 10x and 40x objectives and a 10x eyepiece. I only use the 4x for trichomes. Anything greater and it is much too close.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AmScope-M102C-PB10-40X-1000X-Biological-Science-Student-Compound-Microscope/141940912394?epid=6003304266&hash=item210c56710a:g:dnEAAOSwaZdXH4Wr

Last edited:

Gilmour

I harvested my auto AK-47 today and that was planted on Oct. 1st. Once the trichomes start to turn amber I watch closely for more to turn then pull it. Today was that day.

Even without my microscope and with my old eyes I can see the trichomes have gone darker. Using the microscope only confirms to me what percentage. Worth the investment if you plan to continue growing.

This is similar (same brand) to the one I own. Mine has 4x, 10x and 40x objectives. I only use the 4x for trichomes. Anything greater and it is much too close.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AmScope-M102C-PB10-40X-1000X-Biological-Science-Student-Compound-Microscope/141940912394?epid=6003304266&hash=item210c56710a:g:dnEAAOSwaZdXH4Wr

yes I know, I've to buy one for buds..but now I can't...I will return to the city the next week

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2-3 weeks. Looks great, however! Outer leaves will start to turn yellow from flushing and you need some colored pistils, too.
Get a jeweler's loupe (hobby store) and start looking next week. Clear....too early to chop. Milky trichomes your're getting there, but not quite yet. Milky/ some amber...now it's time!.

Nothing like chopping down nice plant like that when it's not optimal (the best!). Be patient! Rewards are many when it's time vs. cut too early.