What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RSC lebanese grow journal

Bc Budman

after years of outdoor grows and the odd indoor under floros I finally have a decent set up with a 200 watt led in a 6' tent

Along with a nice cut i got from bag seed a while back I have 3 Lebanese going in one 7 gallon pot

The canopy

the vigorous female:

This one has the craziest leaves I have ever seen they start out all crinkled and deformed and literally unfold and eventually become normal. This shot is taken on day 13 of 12/12. I haven't grown too many males but this seems like some very fast development. Here it is topped and pulled over.

Here is the runt of the bunch, they were all left in small pots a bit too long while I was on vacation and this one never quite took off the way the others did.

I plan to kill the male once it dusts the first few buds so I can have a mostly seedless crop. I am hoping that there is something special in atleast one of these plants.

D3pthCharg3

I'll be peekin in on this...I'm really interested in the Lebs from RSC. I have one left (haha) after gifting/trading most of the pack I bought to my Lebanese friends here in US. I heard some excellent stories of the Bekaa valley from a friend in a conversation started on account of these seeds. I love to relate the plant with the culture and the people and the food; to see it all in a grand scope is quite amazing.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good...

If you let that male sit until he drops pollen you're going to have more seeds than you know what to do with. Especially if he drops while a fan is on!

If that's cool w you...COOL.
I'd cut him down & put the biggest most flowered branch in a glass of water away from the main grow & collect pollen so you can more selectively dust the branches you want.

thejact55

I like this strain. I've done indoors for seeds and outdoors for bud production. I will echo what mjpassion said, this route you will have all seeds and a little bud. I take my males out and collect pollen then paint it on certain buds. It still gets everywhere and get a ton of seeds, but it limits it somewhat. Leaving the males in there will leave you with little smokeable buds.
Either way, you've chosen an awesome strain, glad you are reproducing it. These strains need to be preserved.

Bc Budman

In regards to producing seed 20-50 seeds would be more then enough for my purposes.
The first pollen sacks have opened up yesterday. My theory is that is I leave the male in there for another day or two it should pollinate the flowers that have already formed.

Does that make sense or might my whole tent be contaminated with pollen and end up producing seed throughout all the flowers? - if that's the case then could I prevent full pollination by wiping out the tent and perhaps even going as far as lightly praying the plants with water to wipe off excess pollen before it hits the flower yet to come?

meizzwang

It's a pain when your entire plant has a few seeds in them from early pollination, and you'll damage crystals in the process of extracting the seeds, which will lower the shelf life and quality of your harvest. Having one small branch designated for seed production means that one bud will be somewhat destroyed from picking out the seeds, but the rest of the plant will be sinsemilla.

Truhan

Hola 👋 amigo. Te muestro mis libanesas cultivadas en los 35 lat. Sur

Saludos :tiphat:

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
If the pollen hasn't flown yet. Do get the male out before it does or it will get everything.
You can keep male in another room with even a room light. Collect all the pollen you want
and then get rid of him. Gently apply pollen to a lower bud with the fan off.

Even the smallest bud will normally give you 10 seeds.

An entire pollinated branch will give more seeds than you already want.

Just try to keep the top of the plant seedless and you'll get the best of both Worlds.

- Fresh seeds and nice weed to sample.

D

Drek

Last grow I did I swore on the next one I'd be more careful with pollination. I ended up getting WAY too many seeds. Like 300 per plant...lol. So I swore next time I would take male flowers and selectively pollinate female branches (select female) and end up with say 50 seeds on one female instead of lots on all of them. That way it's best of both worlds. Best girl seeded and sensimilla on the other plants.

Zitz

Love the compact structure with slim leaves, are you getting any cedar/pine aromas?
Very easy to over do pollination as I found out the hard way lol, I prefer to pollinate early, nothing worse than a million tiny immature seeds from a rogue male or late herm.

Bc Budman

Hola 👋 amigo. Te muestro mis libanesas cultivadas en los 35 lat. Sur

Saludos :tiphat:
albumid=71753&pictureid=1707812]View Image[/URL][/CENTER]
muy bien! Que mes cosecha?
Vivo en el paralelo 49

I pulled the male out after what I thought was early. I managed to collect some pollen and am saving it to dust my outdoor crop with.

I can see a lot of the calyxes are quite swollen. The following photos are from about 4 weeks in. I am hoping the bulk up just a little more in the next couple weeks.

Early into flowering the had a sweet grassy smell which slowly became more lemony. as time went on it got a little more dank and now its it's maturing into a fuely lemongras/cedar smell. Very nice!
the other female was either stunted and isn't getting light but it's a total runt.

CannaZen

Hi, I am still studying Lebanese specimens. I've 6 specimens & 10 seeds leftover from 3 separate seed distributors. Iirc i've heard the Bekaa valley contains a naturalized mix aka Lebanese. According to the phylos canna galaxy library pertaining of 2 separate reports, The Lebanese has been shown to contain a lower percentage of hemp genetics which is likely to elucidate the origins of the reputed cbd content for this varietal and may be of no coincidence to have survived in the hash fields for its beneficial use. after all, let us not forget psychoactive flowers were found among ancient chinese burials 3000 bc and they're closer to resemble.

Selection has not been through conscious choice in having what has survived, I'm quite happy.

That is to say that these appear to be of certain phenotypical expressions that are, to me, reminiscent of a certain shade of green in likeness to not just that of pine but that of the birch tree found in temperate regions and which, to me, may signify greater quantities of organic antioxidants that are likely intended to combat cellular oxidization under arid conditions and are likely to be much more capable of combating northern cold and frost from my best guess. similarly unrelated but somewhat relevant:
Betulin (lup-20(29)-ene-3β,28-diol) is an abundant, naturally occurring triterpene. It is commonly isolated from the bark of birch trees and is found in birch sap as well. The purpose of the compound in the bark is not known. It can be converted to betulinic acid (the alcohol group replaced by a carboxylic acid group), which is biologically more active than betulin itself.

Recent clinical studies have shown that betulin was effective against a variety of tumors. Betulin causes some types of tumor cells to start a process of self-destruction called apoptosis, and can slow the growth of several types of tumor cells.

Recent studies have also proved that betulin inhibited the maturation of sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBPs). Inhibition of SREBP by betulin decreased the biosynthesis of cholesterol and fatty acids.

In vivo, betulin ameliorated diet-induced obesity, decreased the lipid contents in serum and tissues, and increased insulin sensitivity. Furthermore, betulin reduced the size and improved the stability of atherosclerotic plaques.
I would like to link this quote as it may be significant in association to the weight-loss that has been made in connection with some type of cannabis, according to recent studies.

Of notable significance and also contain alternative metabolic synthesis as per its reputed THCVA/CBDVA that has been found.

I'm not a chemist, It may be a hoax but what I have found interesting is that [FONT=&quot]THCV has a propyl (3-carbon) side chain instead of a pentyl (5-carbon) group on the molecule, which "makes it produce very different effects from THC."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unlike THC, THCV doesn’t begin as a cannabigerolic acid (CBGA). Instead of combining with olivetolic acid to create CBGA, the geranyl phosphate joins forces with divarinolic acid, which has two fewer carbon molecules. The result is cannabigerovarin acid (CBGVA). Once CBGVA is created, the process continues the same as it does for THC[/FONT].
α-Pinene and β-pinene are both produced from geranyl pyrophosphate, via cyclisation of linalool pyrophosphate followed by loss of a proton from the carbocation equivalent.
The racemic mixture is present in some oils such as eucalyptus oil and orange peel oil. Linalool refers to two enantiomers of a naturally occurring terpene alcohol found in many flowers and spice plants
α-pinene is a positive modulator of GABAA receptors. It acts at the benzodiazepine binding site.

α-Pinene forms the biosynthetic base for CB2 ligands, such as HU-308
Are 'classic' indica not known to be affective on the body? CBD Biosynthesis ends with 5-pentyl-1,3-benzenediol isomers, Whats more.

In 1977 benzodiazepines were globally the most prescribed medications. Benzodiazepines enhance the effect of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) at the GABAA receptor, resulting in sedative, hypnotic (sleep-inducing), anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant properties.
Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors Are used medicinally:
To treat myasthenia gravis. In myasthenia gravis, they are used to increase neuromuscular transmission.
To treat glaucoma
To treat postural tachycardia syndrome
As an antidote to anticholinergic poisoning
To reverse the effect of non-depolarising muscle relaxants
To treat neuropsychiatric symptoms of diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, particularly apathy
To increase chances of lucid dreaming (by prolonging REM sleep)
To treat Alzheimer's disease, Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson's disease. In these neurodegenerative conditions AChEIs are primarily used to treat the cognitive (memory and learning deficits mostly) symptoms of dementia. These symptoms are attenuated due to the role of acetylcholine in cognition in the CNS. There is some evidence to suggest that AChEIs may attenuate psychotic symptoms (especially visual hallucinations) in Parkinson's disease.
To treat cognitive impairments in patients with schizophrenia. There is some evidence to suggest efficacy in treating positive, negative and affective symptoms.
As a treatment for autism and to increase the percentage of Rapid eye movement sleep in autistic children, in line with the mechanism by which they encourage lucid dreaming.
Prostaglandin E1 is biosynthesized on an as-needed basis from dihomo-γ-linolenic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid)
α-Pinene is a bronchodilator in humans, and is highly bioavailable with 60% human pulmonary uptake with rapid metabolism or redistribution. α-Pinene is an anti-inflammatory via PGE1, and seems to be a broad-spectrum antibiotic
Together with equal proportions of exciting neuronal activation through THC, these plants offer significant neuro-modulation potential. Brain diseases are strongly related to chronic inflammation & plaque buildup. The Lebanese is quintessential of indica hash crop varietals, perfectly suited for medicinal personalization of the individual. Obviously i am more than certain this is worth exploring in the post-prohibition era especially for those suffering from use of an overactive mind.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
You should transplant them soon and they'll show less leaf stress. :tiphat:

I think I also see a little Mg deficiency.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone grown and smoked this and also smoked the old blonde Lebanese hash? I wonder if it would be the same. I remember blond lebanese hash, never had the red. It was a bit sativa in effect I would say.

Have a pack of the Lebanese seeds coming, also a few Sinai. I saw a video of the growers in the bekaa or beqaa valley. It is easy to see the plants, it is desert and they stand out well so they are not really hiding it. They either pay off the cops and military or shoot it out.

Has anyone grown and smoked this and also smoked the old blonde Lebanese hash? I wonder if it would be the same. I remember blond lebanese hash, never had the red. It was a bit sativa in effect I would say.

Have a pack of the Lebanese seeds coming, also a few Sinai. I saw a video of the growers in the bekaa or beqaa valley. It is easy to see the plants, it is desert and they stand out well so they are not really hiding it. They either pay off the cops and military or shoot it out.

Never tried the blonde but had the red...Morocco blonde back in the day was nice but nothing like the Afghani or Nepalese...wish could give more detail on the red but got it at a rave of all places n memory pretty shot on effects lol

ngakpa

Veteran

the seeds this is from were used to make Lebanese blonde hash

if you google Lebanese hash and see a pic of a piece on a blue Lebanese banknote, that is the hash this was made - it was very nice

conradino23

Glad to find you on this thread too, ngakpa.

I'm growing Lebs too and I have few questions regarding phenotypic expression and natural resistance. I've popped 10 or 12 seeds of which some were dwarfs/freaks and had to be culled after a while. I also got a male, which I didn't keep cause structure was too sparse for my liking and two female-looking plants that got eaten by some insects when I was away. Anyway I ended up with two plants that were definite candidates for females (they haven't been sexed before the transplant), which have very different patterns of growth and also very different resistance for natural conditions, which seems to be intrinsic issue with this strain.

So this is the first pheno:

conradino23

And this is the second pheno, which I like a lot better:

The first one is sickly and weak and the latter one is strong with traits that I consider desirable. They are both grown LOS way. Is it normal with this strain, some phenos have to be pampered to grow right or are there other factors involved?

Latest posts

Latest posts