What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ladies,how do I get involved in growing with my husband

Stonerbitch

Ok, here is the problem, I'm not into the growing procedure, just like pertaking of the herb.however my husband is into the growing.very good he is, might I add, anyway,i would like to be more involved and not sure how to approach this.any advice would be greatly appreciated.

K

Karma Genetics

ask him if you can grow a few yourself.

As most growers dont like other people touching there baby's he he he.

That way he can show you stuff and you can show him how to give that extra care. as girl growers are most times very good. Giving lots of attention to there plants.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i bet you will never hear about how growing brings couples together

i like karma's suggestion, i hope your husband knows how lucky he is :)

Stonerbitch

Helping husband

Helping husband

Thank you all for the advice, I'm new to this sight and learning to move around it.:smoke

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
Try tossing him a BJ in the growroom for starters, that should make him pretty receptive to future visits there from you.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Ok, here is the problem, I'm not into the growing procedure, just like pertaking of the herb.however my husband is into the growing.very good he is, might I add, anyway,i would like to be more involved and not sure how to approach this.any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just ask the man to teach you, most of us guys would love our better half's to share our passion with us.
Happy growing :tiphat:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
as a 13 year married grower here is my take:
The grow room is like my "man cave" i enjoy my wifes visits to the room but, i enjoy them because of their scarcity. The last thing i want is input,advice or participation. The greatest joy in her visits is her praise on how the plants look and the look on her face when she hits a particularly good batch.
Think of it like a chef.
the chef loves to cook in his kitchen. last thing the chef wants is someone else in his kitchen but when you just show up every once in a while just to say hello it's welcomed and appreciated (and you get to sample the sauce at it's freshest).
best bet? thinking of how it would work if my wife(black thumb and all) wanted in?
if she asked me to help her set up a little cab to learn in.
the problem therein lies with hubby taking over your cab when he sees leaves drooping ;)

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
**Oops! Post by Miss Blunted, Not PTB:)**

I used to grow with mine, but he's a Nazi in the grow room, no fun....I quit. I only work when I have to now....room flips, trimming, cleaning up, extra hands...whatever. I had a baby 7 months ago, so now I'm like, "Sorry, baby needs something!" Lol.

We used to work really well together, but as life changed, so did our roles around the house. Joining IC is a step to show your hubby that you're interested. A lot of threads will be good topics of discussion at home and a chance for you to learn on the side:)

Like Karma said, some people don't want anyone interfering, but there's so many chores around a grow room...there's something for you to do! Maybe when he sees that you're good at mixing soil or staking, he'll let you move on to more complicated stuff like taking clones or learning the nutes so you can water sometimes.

I personally don't like to grow in the style we do now...we run RDWC and that's a system for lazy bastards like my guy. I like coco and soil:) I used to do a lot of the grunt work when we weren't in hydro and I do miss it sometimes.....nothing like being covered in Promix, worm castings and bird shit, lol.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babba and I have been growing for years together..I normally take care of the babies...taking cuts and getting them to root, then he takes it from there. Try doing that...starting with the babies and then you can get in there and help clean and trim and whatever needs to be done, seems like theres always stuff to do.
Good Luck :D

I had to move out and set up my own space. Kinda sucks, but kinda fuckin ROCKS! I definitely still have the training wheels on and prob will for a few rounds, but damn, organic soil growing is pretty simple. I can say our relationship has improved since I have my own project/house going. I was always feeling left out and sure, being a princess and sampling the cream of the crop without having lifted a finger can be a cool way to roll, but I like to play in the dirt too! My guy is definitely a man caver and not in to me stumbling around the place or molesting his kids. Currently reading up on the book "teaming with microbes" so I can get a grip on what's going on in my soil that's alive and kicking which seems to be the key to everything. Looking forward to cloning this week and flippin this bitch in to bud! NO way I could have done it withough CC1. Thanks honey!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
It works like any good partnership IMO. If you are both rowing in the same direction the ride goes much smoother.. With our gurls this can be sorta like a 3some.. Leave the ego and jealousy behind..

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
**Oops! Post by Miss Blunted, Not PTB:)**

I used to grow with mine, but he's a Nazi in the grow room, no fun....I quit. I only work when I have to now....room flips, trimming, cleaning up, extra hands...whatever. I had a baby 7 months ago, so now I'm like, "Sorry, baby needs something!" Lol.

We used to work really well together, but as life changed, so did our roles around the house. Joining IC is a step to show your hubby that you're interested. A lot of threads will be good topics of discussion at home and a chance for you to learn on the side:)

Like Karma said, some people don't want anyone interfering, but there's so many chores around a grow room...there's something for you to do! Maybe when he sees that you're good at mixing soil or staking, he'll let you move on to more complicated stuff like taking clones or learning the nutes so you can water sometimes.

I personally don't like to grow in the style we do now...we run RDWC and that's a system for lazy bastards like my guy. I like coco and soil:) I used to do a lot of the grunt work when we weren't in hydro and I do miss it sometimes.....nothing like being covered in Promix, worm castings and bird shit, lol.
Damn tried to give you +k PTB. Cause MissB so obviously has your number. But must spread..

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
You could also set up a stealth cabinet grow, run a plant or 2 thru the stages and surprise him with the finish.

You could also peal your clothes off before you enter the grow room and offer to assist in the buff. I seriously doubt that he will complain about his "man room" being invaded.

Personally I would enjoy having a sexy sidekick working with me in the garden. It's been so long that I've kept everything secret that nobody is ever aware of my room.

You could just tell him to teach you and let you help or you're gonna set up a tent on his side of the bedroom.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Lol, Paladin....we keep our browsers open, so sometimes we post under the other person's account. He would appreciate the rep:)

Hehehe...Miss B.

....and OP, sometimes grow room learning turns to grow room fun:D I'm pretty sure my Son wasn't conceived in our grow room, but the next one may be, lol!!

sso

Veteran
well, i might just watch what he´s doing and learn from that.

he´d probably be flattered.

then when id understood enough to participate, id might ask to get to try it out.

try cutting clones or something, change the water of the rez or transplant or whatnot.

probably something about the grow you´d love to do, more than him, even something he might be relieved not to have to do. or something that would be made easier by more hands.

depends alot on the guy and you though :)

I

In~Plain~Site

You really wanna help?

hot_girl.jpg

That's cool that you want to partake in his hobby :tiphat:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran

....Grow room photography is also a nice way for your husband to enjoy your help:D Seriously, you guys can have fun together.....can even spice up your marriage! Boner....err, wait...Bonus!

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Well, first let me say what a great move it was to start this thread, StonerB! :)

...Please, benefit from my many mistakes!! :shucks:
:2cents:
One thing I would warn you about, should you decide to become more involved: be very careful about how you word any "advice" or "input" you might have...I've been painfully slow in recognizing this...Sometimes it's sooo hard!! when I see a problem, my instinct is often to want to help find a solution; so you may be tempted to make a suggestion: "maybe we should consider trying X..." However, I'm starting to learn to pick my battles, (just as you would in other parts of a relationship); sometimes it's easier to just keep my mouth shut, (even though some of my suggestions are quite good!!) While I may do certain things differently, there's often a reason, for what I might see as madness.

Making 'suggestions' about someone's grow, can be a lot like telling someone how to raise their child, (or so I hear); what is intended as "helpful advice", is often received as a slight or disparagement. A lot of time and back breaking work goes into pulling off a successful garden; it hurts to hear their work criticized, particularly when coming from those benefitting most, (aside from themselves), from that hard work. So, I would advise choosing your battles wisely, and letting the rest slide! And since it's important to make the people you care for feel good about themselves, you might find it helpful to temper any "input" you deem important enough, and are brave enough to give, with lots of compliments!!

As Mrs.Babba noted, 'grow couples' often seem to work well when each person has a given 'chore' or area that they take care of, so everyone is always on the same page; or each has a 'project' of their own.

Anyways, I would suggest starting by doing a little reading; (I recommend starting with the stickies, in which ever forums apply to your grow.) As you read, you'll have questions that you can then ask him about; (most men really enjoy feeling like they're "teaching" you something; it's almost as though it makes their "inner penis", (ie: ego), grow or something.)

I am really not someone who should give 'relationship advice', since my track record isn't the best; but I have learned a couple things from my failures and I hope my 'learning curve' is improving...

Good luck, StonerB!
Best wishes for endlessly bountiful harvests!
:plant grow:
:wave:

Last edited: