What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15x600 watt 48 bucket system

O

ogatec

ya, ive been passing this gem up since it stared. i clicked on it & BAMMO 9k upside your cabasa!!!, :bashhead: :bashhead: deinitley looks under control over there. i think you should get over 12+ pounds easy as long as everything goes smoothly. to get those BIG 15+ numbers im sure you would have to get everthing dialed in w/aa 1 strain grow. but hey +-3 LBS who counting right? :)

haha you say its your 1st go round with this type of system, but somthing tells me you have a little more experience. what have you done before? my buddy has the exact same setup, but he used a tall rez that looks like a 100 gallon plastic hot water heater. same 48 plants & everything but w/ only 3600 watts in a smaller space. he consistalntly yields 1 gram per watt, so i know its possilble to do well in 1 of those multiflows. in fact im thinking of switching to a multiflow type system from e&f tables when i move.

also i dint catch what you are doing for cooling, with all those ballasts in the room i know it heats up....

gottt it

bigbrokush - lolll you can easily duplicate it .. i slapped it together but it works well!

ogatec - i hope i get a lb per light that would be cool but hey .. cant really complain .. these systems are nice i know of a few people in my area getting 2 lb's per light with them but thats with 1000's .. i like 600's better so we are gonna see what happeneds .. if not i will hook up my 1000's next and see what we can pull off some of those ..
as far as cooling i just have a window cracked and lots of air being sucked into the room .. theres 1 12 inch fan sucking the air from the room and 1 12 inch fan sucking the air thru the lights .. the hottest ive seen the room is 79. ;)

couple week ahead of me.

couple week ahead of me.

got all my baby's veggin on a table right now. got 36 buckets cleaned and waiting to get hooked up. awsome to see someone else already rockin the same system. if it works i got room for 60-80 more so i hope this all goes well for you. i'll be watching.

with the gh and rock are you finding any need for supplement nutrients??

clowntown

Veteran
:yoinks: Nice job!! :respect:

Is that in a bedroom? Where are you running the power from, and how long is the cord?

gottt it

zero - one day my friend!

woody - good luck with your setup also! Ive only added the bloom and micro .. this is the first time ive used this reverse osmosis and i was asking a friend if he thought i should use some cal mag or somethin and he said just stick it out with the gh and see what happeneds .. the plants looks excellent so i dont really know if i wanna add more shit that might not be needed .. im not fooled with all those additives .. i mean the best run ive had with my 6's before was 5.5 lb's with 6 600's .. and that was just str8 gh nothing else .. i tried to use advanced nutrients with all the extra shit and all the money i wasted on that shit ii definately didnt get 2 lb's a light like they suggest .. so i use GH .. 350 bux in gh will go a lonnnng way. what do you run in your bucket system as far as nutes ??

clowntown - ya in a bedroom .. the power is coming from the main panel. 40-50ft .. i dunno - my electrician is the shit!

gottt it

ogatec .. yes gotta love the cold weather .. if this run is good i might get one of those xcel aire ac's .. since i will 100% surely need it in the summer!

using cutting edge solutions. had great success with them in the past so we'll see how it goes.

i'm not one for bottle additives. i was think more like castings, guano's, molasses, etc.

O

ogatec

i think 1 lb per light is doable with your watt per sqft covreage... weel have to kick back & see. i really dont want to take the under in any side bets...

gottt it

lol i wouldnt bet on anything honestly i dunno what is about to happen over the next 6 weeks .. got my fingers crossed tho :)

gottt it said:
ogatec .. yes gotta love the cold weather .. if this run is good i might get one of those xcel aire ac's .. since i will 100% surely need it in the summer!

I'm interested in one of those myself, just curious how stealth the units actually are. Things look great by the way

gottt it

i saw them at the trade show in frisco last year .. the units looked pretty nice ... im definately gonna grab one

if you've got room use geo-thermal cooling. 60 inches down and close to it. stays around 58 all year. burying a pipe and running it on an inline is my plan. i'm sure i'll need an a/c but will cut cost.

Woody Creek said:
if you've got room use geo-thermal cooling. 60 inches down and close to it. stays around 58 all year. burying a pipe and running it on an inline is my plan. i'm sure i'll need an a/c but will cut cost.

geothermal is a bit more involved than that. I'm no expert, but my understanding is the investment costs are considerable (you could buy several 5ton mini splits for the same price). Is a little more involved than burying a pipe. I believe that a fairly large area must be excavated (permits), then some kind of sealed line is laid down pretty much like Wirsbo in the ground, that line is filled with some kind of refrigerant that transfers heat/cold from the underground system. That's just outside the house...either way geothermal is cool stuff, but not very practical for a stealth type grow. It is something that takes quite a while to pay for itself

Latest posts

Latest posts