What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jacks Professional

Biologist

The label is a guaranteed minimum. A lot of times they will omit certain things to prevent reverse engineering. It happens with GH products like MaxiGro. I guarantee you that zinc is in Jacks.

No I mean the other product has no Zinc on the label and it is in the other additives they sell. Jacks definitely has Zinc on the label of their 5-12-26.

I see a lot of recipes for Jacks with them being listed by 3 grams per gallon, etc.. Follow what Ichibod stated on the first few pages of diluting 880 grams of Jacks and 580 of Cal Nit in one gallon each one separately of RO water. Let these sit overnight and your stock solution is ready. I mix my nutes in 55 gallon batches and it couldn’t be simpler. Approximately 500ml of each solution gets me to 750-800ppm. Always use a pen/meter while mixing as it is much more accurate. I suggest a ratio of 3/2.5 after following this suggestion form Eric and Ibechilling.

Of the two 55 gallon drums I have the one where fresh RO goes into is where I do the mixing. I have a Danner pump which I will let feed into itself while mixing. Once complete I will top off the other tank that is what feeds my rooms. Mix in 390ppm of Jacks A, then 320ppm of Part B(CalNit). I also add 80ppm of MKP until the end of stretch. Ph to 5.8 and voila you’re set. Every other reservoir change I water with just RO and add 2ml/Gal of Hypogrow alternated with Drip Clean and only RO water after a full dose feeding.

It’s much more accurate to mix off of PPM then grams/water. Running 30-40 Blumats off a Shurflo pump a 55 gal mix will last 10-12 days approximately. I’ve ran just the Jacks A with Cal nit from start to finish of flowering at 3/2.5 with great results. From pure landrace sativas to hybrids you can raise or lower you PPM accordingly.

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
That is a fantastic guide to mixing Jack's as a concentrate.

I also add 80ppm of MPK until the end of stretch. Ph to 5.8 and voila you’re set.

Low P with Jack's as your base prevents stretch in transition. If you want to elevate yield, try a Ca boost (drench or foliar) at transition, and MKP week 4-6 of flower.

picture.php
picture.php

Good stuff BF. I will keep the MKP through week 6 of the flowering cycle now. That’s good to know on the Ca during stretch. Could I just up the CalNit or do you suggest something like a CalMag feeding? Thanks man.

BillFarthing

Veteran
That’s good to know on the Ca during stretch. Could I just up the CalNit

I'm not crazy about loading plants down with extra N in flower like with the addition of more Cal Nit.

Albion metalosate calcium is organic, lower N and a nice Ca boost. Growmore Flowering cal-mag has no N, several types of calcium and kelp at transition to help flowers stack.

indagroove

Veteran
Anyone have any opinions about Jack's Calnit vs other brands. Jacks seems to be ammonia free, but is much more expensive than other brands. Worth the extra cost, or no?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Anyone have any opinions about Jack's Calnit vs other brands. Jacks seems to be ammonia free, but is much more expensive than other brands. Worth the extra cost, or no?

Yara and Haifa are the standards for Cal Nit and can be had at Custom Hydro Nutrients. I cheaped out one time and picked up some Southern Ag and there was a bunch of insolubles.

Biologist

I haven't really noticed a difference in using HaifaCal GG (Greenhouse Grade) vs. the more expensive Jacks Calcium Nitrate I used to use. The 1.1% NH4 in it seems to be fine. Some postulate that a little ammonium is actually good for your cannabis.

https://www.haifa-group.com/haifa-cal™-calcium-nitrate-fertilizer

https://www.cannagardening.com/how_ammonium_nitrate_ratio_affects_your_plants

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey guys. I've been using Jack's 20-20-20 for veg and 10-30-20 for flower for the past 17 years. I've tried canna-specific nutrients and always went back to Jack's. Can't complain about the results; I pull more or less 3oz/ft^2 dry. With all this in mind, would you suggest that I try other Jack's products? Or, since this works so well, why fight it?

Simon

BillFarthing

Veteran
Hey guys. I've been using Jack's 20-20-20 for veg and 10-30-20 for flower for the past 17 years. I've tried canna-specific nutrients and always went back to Jack's. Can't complain about the results; I pull more or less 3oz/ft^2 dry. With all this in mind, would you suggest that I try other Jack's products? Or, since this works so well, why fight it?

Simon

Those old recipes are great for soil.

For soil-less or hydroponics, Jack's 5-12-26 and Cal Nit are a more complete formula.

They both work well.

ButterflyEffect

Just when I thought I understood how to mix Jacks, I confuse myself yet again.

I can't help but think I'm still doing something wrong.

I'm using 1G concentrates. 300G each. I mix one set in advance of the set I'm using. I mix up 2-3 5G buckets a day. My current ratio is Jacks @ 375ppm CalNit @ 280ppm. About 1.3EC.

My brainfart concerns trying to understand the numbers. When I plug it all into hydrobuddy(150-52-216-116-63 is what I put in for targets to more or less match Jacks) I get 469 Jacks and 220 CN, a ratio of .47. Works out to be 3.78G of Jacks and 2.4 of CN. What am I not getting??

Keep in mind, I'm not overcomplicating this when I mix. I mix by ppms and it works very well. I'm just trying to understand how this all works so I can start balancing my Ca and provide the correct amount of MKP.