What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is It Really Legal?

Satyros

Always been slick with the wording. First British colony in Va was required to pay taxes with cannabis.

True in the sense of hemp, and it was still accepted up until prohibition I believe.

Only citizens use licenses (government permissions), so, can your citizenship and such things won't bother you. Otherwise, you're stuck with any scheme that comes out.

H

HBF

Exactly.

The entire pretense is that somehow it's usual to use it when the scientific truth is and always was,

that the human brain has many cannabinoid receptors and far fewer opioid receptors.

It's a fake scheme from the very first word of ''Maybe.''

Maybe we've got something comparable,

Maybe it's not as harmless as it seems.

Maybe you're not a good person if you know it's not the devil.

Well, if the stupid ass politicians would simply make cannabis totally legal it would be worthless pretty much. But, you can't fix stupid.
Burn1

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
where the law will not give a damn as long as you are not evading taxes. :tiphat:

I would venture a guess that the term evading taxes could be interpreted in a variety of ways.

I think you mean by selling it without paying taxes.

But what happens when they decide you need to buy a permit to grow your own, even if you're not selling it?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

bitching about weed being taxed is ludicrous, does this sound familiar? It was the stoners mantra for decades, "Legalize it and tax it, it will provides millions of dollars." :good:

and so now they do & folks bitch.......
:dunno:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't like the legal restrictions, but things are better here than I ever dreamed of back in college. I have multiple legal dispensaries within walking distance of my place, plus dozens of delivery services with an awesome selection. I can grow 6 plants, but no one notices or cares if I grow 16 or 25. I can get high just walking around the neighborhood, and no one cares. It's normal here. I don't have to hide it or worry about legal risks anymore.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

bitching about weed being taxed is ludicrous, does this sound familiar? It was the stoners mantra for decades, "Legalize it and tax it, it will provides millions of dollars." :good:

and so now they do & folks bitch.......
:dunno:

I remember people saying that. And now we're bitching about it. You're right! :biggrin:

Some times you've gotta be careful what you wish for.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember people saying that. And now we're bitching about it. You're right! :biggrin:

Some times you've gotta be careful what you wish for.

Yep!

I remember folks bitching and saying to tax it and free it.
and I've told them...
You WILL get what you ask for!

My mantra has always been:
"Regulation IS prohibition!"
(disguised as freedom)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I was very vocal about dangers inherent in sloppily hurried legislature eight years ago in the vote yes or no on 19 thread.

I was railed against and called a prohibitionist cop.

Some people won't learn until it's too late.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I would venture a guess that the term evading taxes could be interpreted in a variety of ways.

I think you mean by selling it without paying taxes.

But what happens when they decide you need to buy a permit to grow your own, even if you're not selling it?

then it is bullshit, unless they can show a verifiable safety reason (home inspection of indoor wiring etc) we can make beer and wine at home without any of that now, and alcohol kills people every day. "IF" it is minimal (say $20) and one-time just so they know about it, i could live with it. more $$$ and has to be renewed annually? fuck 'em...back in the closet.:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
anything new will have unpopular (or stupid) details in it. you get your foot in the damn door FIRST, then you start working on perfecting the product. NO ONE GETS WHAT THEY WANT ALL AT ONCE! life is a fucking JOURNEY, not a destination. Moses never made it to the Promised Land, but his people did. was that right? fair? maybe not, but his people made it...:woohoo:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The crux of that "fixing" depends on who does it ultimately.

I'm not a fan of increasing penalties for cannabis and giving millions in taxes for subpar legislation.

I am in favor of retroactive pardons, hemp, and sustainable production.

I also know we will never get what we want and will sign everything over before it's all said and done.

Humans are too eager, gullible, and optimistic.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Realistically they don't have the resources to tax or police home growers. As legalization settles in and the old voodoo of prohibition wears off the popularity of weed will increase. I think it will take market share from alcoholic bevs. Alikies will get jealous that they are carrying an unfair share of the burden, but they are free to make their own. People will be getting upity if the taxman insisted on snooping, taxing and fining weed.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Homebrewing wasn't legal until the seventies.

You still can't distill your own spirits.

They won't give us anything but the bare minimum... we've seen it before.

The man wants money.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yet it's illegal to use them for spirits.

Kind of like bongs.

My point is they get taxes and still prosecute and the freedom isn't truly present.

It's gotta be great to fill two pockets instead of one.

I say let's just fill one for the assholes who ruined our families.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yet it's illegal to use them for spirits.

Kind of like bongs.

My point is they get taxes and still prosecute and the freedom isn't truly present.

It's gotta be great to fill two pockets instead of one.

I say let's just fill one for the assholes who ruined our families.

gotta spread more rep... blah blah blah...

I say fuck the baby steps!
The gov didn't take our freedoms away with baby steps!

St. Phatty

gotta spread more rep... blah blah blah...

I say fuck the baby steps!
The gov didn't take our freedoms away with baby steps!

The persecution of Americans for taking medications to treat their pain -
or for whatever reason -

looks like Civil War to me.

Basically the DEA & cops are enforcing the monopolies of Big Pharma & American "doctors", using lethal force.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The persecution of Americans for taking medications to treat their pain -
or for whatever reason -

looks like Civil War to me.

Basically the DEA & cops are enforcing the monopolies of Big Pharma & American "doctors", using lethal force.

Again...
gotta spread more rep...

This is exactly the way I see it and exactly why I hate cops and those that support them.
FUCK THE POLICE