What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The State of Cannabis in California

This thread is for anything about cannabis in California. It can be about anything: growing big plants, prop 64, raids, what you are growing this season, helicopter flyovers, cannabis competitions, whatever you want.

For example, if you haven’t heard of Jungle Boys, check out their work on Instagram. These pics might make some East Coasters rethink the definition of AAA flowers.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

theJointedOne

Veteran
Lol im sure they got enough chron out east, there are some real time growers out there, breeders too.

Im staying under cover this season, fist time ever no full sun, but so far so good plants are diggin it.

In the rotation this round is scooby snacks from archive and gsc x ogeddylepp from 3rd gen. Here's the 3rd gen cut, this was a month ago
picture.php

The scooby snacks cut is a performer so far, very nice and has impressed me, the 3rd gen cut not so much, its ok, but the vigor is weak, and the growth kinda whack...curious if the ogeddylepp is also in their Zkittles variety, as ive heard that is also not the best plant to grow, besides terps and flavors. Who knows, its already cut from the next round, going full scooby, The scooby reeks in veg and probably the smelliest clones ive come across

I went to a high times cup in Sac few weeks ago, not impressed..at all lol. They got another one already coming up in a week in Santa Rosa, amazing the moves they are making since they got new ownership...they just got Reggae on the river too, so it will be interesting to see their money grab in the state the next decade or so.

Market seems healthy for outdoor full term and dep, demand is there, things moving around the neighborhoods.

Be stay safe out there.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
This thread is for anything about cannabis in California. It can be about anything: growing big plants, prop 64, raids, what you are growing this season, helicopter flyovers, cannabis competitions, whatever you want.

For example, if you haven’t heard of Jungle Boys, check out their work on Instagram. These pics might make some East Coasters rethink the definition of AAA flowers.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

the picture on the right looks like some do si dos

Medfinder

Chemon 91
First time ever Ive been able to trim my cannabis outdoors in the backyard at the patio set and know its legal.

:woohoo:

i remember when i went to Minnesota in 1974 and we drove 10 miles out to the boonies to smoke a joint in the backseat below the windows.

:laughing:

DEPROGRAMING THE PARANOIA DAILY.

:peacock:

picture.php

N

naturalbornkilr

Jungle Guys is mids, beasters with better strains, might catch and eagle 20 or pgr terp as well.

As far as events go, been there done that, not supporting the greed anymore and definitely not paying 35% tax, especially HT, can't believe they got reggae on the river....

N

naturalbornkilr

I don't have enough post to edit, but I just wanted to add that Id like to discuss land values and where to we see the real estate market going in the Triangle. This year I've already seen properties for sale that I've seen listed before a couple years back, at literally half the price and they still aren't selling. Is half price land the floor or are we going to see places for even cheaper next year? Does this land in the hills that is difficult to build on even have any real value besides dope growing and what does that mean for the county and property taxes? do you think the sheriff will allow some black market growing to continue in order to keep people in the county?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I don't have enough post to edit, but I just wanted to add that Id like to discuss land values and where to we see the real estate market going in the Triangle. This year I've already seen properties for sale that I've seen listed before a couple years back, at literally half the price and they still aren't selling. Is half price land the floor or are we going to see places for even cheaper next year? Does this land in the hills that is difficult to build on even have any real value besides dope growing and what does that mean for the county and property taxes? do you think the sheriff will allow some black market growing to continue in order to keep people in the county?

i was looking at hudhomestore.com and there was 2 acres and an 1989 double wide in shasta for 102.000.00 opening bid

N

naturalbornkilr

i was looking at hudhomestore.com and there was 2 acres and an 1989 double wide in shasta for 102.000.00 opening bid

OK...Im not exactly sure where you're going with that? Im not really talking about 2 acre home sites, Im talking about 40-200 acre off-grid parcels deep in the mountains that has no historic use besides cannabis production, limited winter access etc.

For example a property that previously sold for 525k 3 years ago that is now listed for 350 and is getting no calls for showings even though it is totally set up turn key ready to roll.

What does the future hold for these types of properties? If someone buys at 350, is it gonna plummet to 225 next year? Will it ever even sell again?

A helicopter is flying our area right now. 3 passes directly overhead so far but no worries. In the 20 min they been flying around here, they must have seen 100 grows. This is the 2nd time this year, as many times as the last 5 years combined. I guess I better start keeping the gate locked.

There are a lot of properties for sale around here. 4 or 5 on my road. Most are for sale by owner because some of the local realtors aren’t accepting new listings since nothing is selling even at 1/2 the price of last year. Not surprising given pound prices. It would be tough to get started and pay a mortgage these days and risky to plan on paying a mortgage for many years. Used to be you could buy a property and pay for it in a season. Without the ability to grow and sell, these extremely rural properties, including mine, are worth very little. So many were developed in the last 10 years and any alternative job prospects are getting fewer every day as the economy collapses.

I haven’t smoked jungle boys weed, I just thought it looked good. In this regulated market though, to imply that they are spraying Eagle 20 seems like player hating.

N

naturalbornkilr

Jungle boys haven't had to have any products on the shelf pass testing as of yet so to imply they aren't using it when they have been caught in the past using eagle, pgr, avid, konots and pylon would silly and seems like you're a fan boy if you haven't even tried their cardboard flavored weed.

MedResearcher

Veteran
More helicopter activity for sure. Assume they got more funding now, so they are using some of it. Think the reason the flyovers got so rare, was just a lack of funds. With the sub par 1st quarter tax revenue, you can bet they will allocate more funds towards eradicating the black market.

Think in a lot of places the property value will hit rock bottom, or less. People are locked into inflated property tax, if they bought during the inflation of the green rush. People paid 200.. 300k for properties, that back in the day wouldn't sell at 20k. If they stop having profitable seasons, they wont want to spend 2-3k a year on property tax for a lot of environmentally damaged dirt in the boonies with 0 amentities.

I assume, eventually some of the locations will become retirement neighborhoods and the value will be restored. Although this could take a very long time, and the sprawl may never reach many corners of the Triangle.

Native Californians from LA, Bay Area, Sacramento, etc.. reaching retirement age can sell their current house in the city at insanely inflated prices and build a custom home in a quiet forested community and pocket tons of gains in the process. I think this will become more and more common. Look at the Bay Area, the growth and inflation is just insane. People need to go somewhere, and most of the long time natives just aren't as rich as the newer wave of migration.

People have to diversify. Find a way to make money other ways. Can still enjoy growing head stash for family/friends. Growing less, you can spend more energy on it as well, will turn out even better.

Mr^^

madalasatori

Veteran
I’m a Brit and am interested in buying a spot of land in these afformentioned mountain spots. Not to grow for but as a place to live. Can anyone post up any listings of such properties?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
OK...Im not exactly sure where you're going with that? Im not really talking about 2 acre home sites, Im talking about 40-200 acre off-grid parcels deep in the mountains that has no historic use besides cannabis production, limited winter access etc.

For example a property that previously sold for 525k 3 years ago that is now listed for 350 and is getting no calls for showings even though it is totally set up turn key ready to roll.

What does the future hold for these types of properties? If someone buys at 350, is it gonna plummet to 225 next year? Will it ever even sell again?

i posted entry level repo property. and it was sold 5 days ago at 102,000.

with canada going legal... watch the price go down further.
https://www.landwatch.com/California_land_for_sale/North_Coast_Region if got cash or financing theres plenty of land.

if you want hundreds of acres and can manage something great!

with legal cannabis a reality now might as well pan for gold on those acres. real Gold. 1400 an oz gold.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
If Jungle Boys is our competition lol :mopper: I know Cali got better than that! Don`t get to bent outa shape, they are robbing us medical patients out here in Ma. Fee`s out the ass to have the option to go overpay for mostly crap. Good luck out there :tiphat:

The best place to look for property in Trinity is on Listingpreview.com and put 96093 for the zip code. Hint: you don’t want vacation property in Trinity pines area but if you Want a cheaper, already setup grow property, check it out.

Btw, I don’t give a shit about jungle boys. Fuck em. But if you are growing better bud, it would be fun to see the pics. I doubt that they are using Eagle 20 but would like to see proof if you got any.

green404

I’m a Brit and am interested in buying a spot of land in these afformentioned mountain spots. Not to grow for but as a place to live. Can anyone post up any listings of such properties?

California has one the most over priced real estate market in the country. You will pay a high price for a fraction of what you could get elsewhere.

Get ready for more cloudy days and cold rain then the UK has.

N

naturalbornkilr

BYF/danimal/trinitygold/mountain sprout, did you miss it when two of their ex employees put them on blast for using eagle and pgr? Aren't you friends with jungle boys and some of their previous employees? The difference between JB weed and mine isn't looks, its smell, taste and smoke-ability, something I thought you of all people would understand since you're all about advancing eco agriculture.