What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone utilized the new air pots with organic soil grows?

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm attempting to increase my yield and have researched the new air pots. These are the one's with the holes all down the sides of the pot and at the bottom. I am now using just regular 2 gallon nursery plastic pots. I have seen much bigger plants in these new air pots. They are more expensive than the regular nursery plastic pots, about 10 times more per pot( 3 gal equivalent on Amazon $15 each). Has anyone used these air pots with organic soil? Did you see a significant increase in your plant size and yield? I have switched from fems to autos with my 2 400 watt lamps(MH and HPS) and my yield is one half from what I was getting with the fem strains. I'm wondering if the air pots would help increase the size and yield of my future girls.:thank you: for any insight by sharing your experience.

Are you talking about root Trapper brand?
I've used them for fruit trees grown to transplant. They grow amazing root structure and eliminate trees growing root bound due to circling roots. However those problems don't show up for usually 2-3 season. I'd say using for mj would be a waste of funds since they don't live long enough to have roots choke themselves anyways. Not reuseable when it comes to transplant trees, would be very hard to remove soil as roots hold onto the shape so well. We cut off of tree root ball with a knife or Sawzall

Drop That Sound

I'd probably just utilize my 1/4" drill bit a few 100 times on some pots and call it a day...

Ok I probably wouldn't. The next day I'd be back at it with the heat gun forming inny and outty nipples for each hole

Latest posts

Latest posts