What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Dehumidifier?? Help!

Thraxx

Hey guys! First time post right here, woohoo!

Have been having a super hard time finding a good dehumidifier! I had a nice 50 pint that was a little small for the room I have it in but was working like a charm. It was keeping RH below 45 and not putting off much heat. Well it started overheating last week so I bought a new one.
A 350$ utopian is the new unit and it sucks. It works great as a heater but does not like to dehumidify my room nearly as well as the old 50 pint I had. Im looking somewhere in the 200-500$ range. Please help!

Would like a dehumidifier that can go below 35RH too, that would be killer.

Much love.
Thraxx:tiphat:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Bro, i have ran quests forever. They are the best I have tried running sealed rooms. But they are a bit more than you want to spend unless you can find one on the internet from an unlucky grower.

I run big rooms though, they may be too big for whatvyou need.

Thraxx

Ya brother, i've heard great things about quests. Unfortunately I just don't have the funds at the moment. I would like something that could just do what I need for just long enough to buy a quest or commercial unit.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I understand. But mine came at cost from my hydro store because i buy so much shit.

Check craigs list or bud trader and the like. You might be surprised as to what you find. A grower needing to pay bills with no crop coming in would probably fall all over himself to sell you his. Never forget 100 dollar bills go a long way in negotiations. I bet you could get one for 500 if you can find one.

Hell, i will look for you. If i find one i will post up and then send u the info by pm.

This is a good place. Lots of people willing to help another grower out.

Thraxx

I really appreciate that! Thank you.

I found 2 smaller units last night that have great reviews but I haven't pulled the trigger. Starting to get impatient though, 50% RH in bud is not low enough for ma liking.

eebbnflow

Are you in North America ? Homedepot or Lowe’s should have something for you , as you already know quest are boss .

The residential units will only do so much , the one I like was a 70p whirlpool unit the air ejected sideways vs from the top .

If you had trouble keeping the rh down with the unit you have you might need to run 2 units then .

As mentioned about the residential units only doing so much , I had 5 running last year and the rh wouldn’t go below 60% .since I’ve gotten a quest .

jocat

50% RH? that should be good enough. Quest is a brand but santa fe builds 'em they just sticker 'em Quest, Iv'e run a few and they work hard & are energy efficient...they have both 110 & 220V models...the customer service on them is good also, iv'e had them send a new unit with shipping paid twice. beat that china.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Bro, I looked for you. It seems everything mustve been sold by desperate growers before xmas. I cant find shit. Normally there is used equipment galore.

Thraxx

Thanks for looking Wendull! I really appreciate it, I ended up finding a cheap unit from Lowes with a warranty so if anything goes wrong ill stick it too them lol. Craigs and budtradr were just dry for whatever reason. your probably right about the xmas buy out. Ill make this work until I can stack up the funds for a real dehumidifier. Thanks again!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I think my ideal sells around 500, blue metal one, the older models sucked but they fixed the issues does the job in my smaller room where quest was over kill.. how big is the room how many lights ??? 50%aint bad for flower ...

organic Rob

Dehumidifier putting out too much heat

Dehumidifier putting out too much heat

My room is 7'x10' and sealed,running Co2.During lights on,my humidity goes up to 85%.If I run a dehumidifier it heats the room up to 90-95 degrees.I have a vent fan from past grows,but if I run that,I go through a 20lb tank in 6 daysI want to keep heat at 85 F,humidity at 70%,and 1300 ppm Co2.Any suggestions without spending in the thousands of dollars.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Put your dehumidifier on the outside and draw the indoor air via a patch. Blow the new air back in with another patch.

Latest posts

Latest posts