What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mysterious condition dubbed 'scromiting' hits weed smokers across the US !

Bobby Boucher

Maybe in a steady climate but how would you go about it in the midwest?

Assumedly by investing an assload into your soil and facilities, relegating the work out among a larger workforce, and probably skewing your definition of organic. Not to mention scrapping the idea of growing anything that still doesn't grow under those parameters.

I don't see why it would be impossible, but logistically it might not make sense for some considering all the extra time and money invested. Growing organic would assumedly only have a ROI slightly higher than synthetic, otherwise I would think that everybody would be doing it.

Just guessin' for the sake of guessin'.

.....and/or just over dosage, particularly from edibles...

When I wrote my cannabutter-recipe I placed many warnings among the lines for a very good reason. Never eat any cannabis with levity. And I think eating cannabis is generally recommended only for the strong, daily users.

Bobby Boucher

Also, fwiw, in the third world, up on the mountain, it's widely accepted that marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes or even permanent schizophrenia among those who are susceptible. At least that is what I've gathered in my travels.

Granted, these aren't people who have access to all the best medical information, but they use MJ for everything, and have for thousands of years.

Jus' sayin'..

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've read countless stories of farmers losing their asses, trying to convert to organics without a huge amount of money/resources. The soil on any long term non-organic farm is not healthy and it takes years or significant amounts of intelligently applied amendments, or both, to make the switch. Until the land has recovered, you're going to have sick plants.

Read around and you're going to notice more and more reports of organic farmers with zero pest problems and zero pesticide use, right next to unhealthy fields full of pests. Apparently it comes down to providing full nutrition to the plants, with 'full nutrition' developing a new definition.

Clean cannabis (my definition) is cannabis which contains cannabis. No unconverted elements, or at least significantly less than current testing standards allow, no pollen, dust, dander, pesticides, dirt, hair or anything else non-cannabis on it or in it. According to my definition, everything else is tainted and substandard. I don't do "organick cane sugar" because it's an adulterant in my food, and I treat organick pesticides and other substances as contaminates to cannabis. People say organic cannabis and all I really hear is the "Ick" these days. So few growers understand a label saying "organic" doesn't mean it can be used on cannabis and still call it clean or acceptable.

Yes, I'm raising contention to put more light on the subject. The status quo is disgusting and not very many growers are really aware of it. Cheers to everyone who assists with crushing the current ignorance, and to those who raise their glass to heightened awareness and superior cannabis production in the new year!
:tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I've read countless stories of farmers losing their asses, trying to convert to organics without a huge amount of money/resources. The soil on any long term non-organic farm is not healthy and it takes years or significant amounts of intelligently applied amendments, or both, to make the switch. Until the land has recovered, you're going to have sick plants.

Read around and you're going to notice more and more reports of organic farmers with zero pest problems and zero pesticide use, right next to unhealthy fields full of pests. Apparently it comes down to providing full nutrition to the plants, with 'full nutrition' developing a new definition.

Clean cannabis (in my book) is cannabis which contains cannabis. No unconverted elements, or at least significantly less than current testing standards allow, no pollen, dust, dander, pesticides, dirt, hair or anything else non-cannabis on it. In my book, everything else is tainted and substandard. I don't do "organick cane sugar" because it's an adulterant in my food, and I treat organick pesticides and other substances as contaminates to cannabis. People say organic cannabis and all I really hear is the "Ick" these days. So few growers understand a label saying "organic" doesn't mean it can be used on cannabis and still call it clean or acceptable.

Yes, I'm raising contention to put more light on the subject. The status quo is disgusting and not very many growers are really aware of it. Cheers to everyone who assists with crushing the current ignorance, and to those who raise their glass to heightened awareness and superior cannabis production in the new year!
:tiphat:

Well said sir!