What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Random Kali China outdoor bud pic.

Attachments

• Kali China Vte Y 2014.jpg
    Kali China Vte Y 2014.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 113

chappie

Veteran
I started 3 of these (fem) a few weeks ago (along with 6 reg PCK). I'll start taking and posting pics as it gets interesting. So far they are pretty robust and actually other than one particular PCK with superwide leaves, its pretty hard to tell the plants apart!

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Hello :)

Are there any difference in reg & fem verison from Kali China?

The English Cut

There's a regular version? I had no idea - I just got a 3 pack of fems, something to look forward to for the summer ahead. I don't think I've ever smoked weed that tasted like grilled meat before. Had pizza tasting weed once - I'm fairly sure it wasn't oregano anyway. ;) Intrigued.

OakyJoe

Veteran
There's a regular version? I had no idea - I just got a 3 pack of fems, something to look forward to for the summer ahead. I don't think I've ever smoked weed that tasted like grilled meat before. Had pizza tasting weed once - I'm fairly sure it wasn't oregano anyway. ;) Intrigued.

What Strian was the Pizza smelling one? :)

The English Cut

I honestly can't remember, if I ever knew. It must have been 15+ years back, I wasn't paying much attention back then. Chances are it was nothing special though, remembering my contact from back then.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello :)

Are there any difference in reg & fem verison from Kali China?

Hi OakyJoe,

Previous Kali China standard releases were more intermediate breeding steps of the project, this new Kali China feminized release is one generation further and more inbred than the last standard release. It's also closer to my ideal of what Kali China should be. That's why i finally decided to release Kali China in 2014 only in feminized version, at least until i can breed a standard version with the same quality than the feminized one.

I have been lately selecting Kali China parental plants from 5-6 different lines of this last fem version.

Curiously, the best offspring didn't come from the best mothers I initially selected: another example of how complicated are sometimes to take the breeding decisions and how important is the testing process of the different lines to really understand if the previous breeding decision was the correct one.

OakyJoe

Veteran
Hi OakyJoe,

Previous Kali China standard releases were more intermediate breeding steps of the project, this new Kali China feminized release is one generation further and more inbred than the last standard release. It's also closer to my ideal of what Kali China should be. That's why i finally decided to release Kali China in 2014 only in feminized version, at least until i can breed a standard version with the same quality than the feminized one.

I have been lately selecting Kali China parental plants from 5-6 different lines of this last fem version.

Curiously, the best offspring didn't come from the best mothers I initially selected: another example of how complicated are sometimes to take the breeding decisions and how important is the testing process of the different lines to really understand if the previous breeding decision was the correct one.

Thanks for the Info :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Kali China line 21

Kali China line 21

A few more Kali China flowers, from parental plants recently selected (line 21).

Attachments

• KC 21 - 21 cogollo detalle.jpg
    KC 21 - 21 cogollo detalle.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 132
  • KC 21 - 4.jpg
    KC 21 - 4.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 117
  • KC 21 - 3.jpg
    KC 21 - 3.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 128
  • KC 21 -24.jpg
    KC 21 -24.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 125
hey dubi

i see there are 2 threads for kalichina bro
anyway, am almost done with her... and points you made ive experienced. Specially the temp, when move it from soaring 26-27degrees down to 20-18degrees she seems to ice out more... am having real issues keeping an afghan happy in terms of environment whilst having a kalichina in the room.

she (kalichina) doesnt seem to mind the oscillating fan on (a lot circulating air)
afghan kush i have goes a little dormant and slow when the fan frequency goes up (usually on wet days)
Good comparison the two.. very distinct backgrounds

gallery_2701_92_61523.jpg

IMG_0239_600x800.jpg

IMG_0240_1067x800.jpg

1love

If an onion was a flower,
the smell would be what kalichina smells like.
Also, its definately not for closet grows.. it STINKS.. not that subtle smell you get from some other crosses, the smell in the last week is pure fire am witnessing.
no miss

1love

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
So, here's the skinny on the Kali China I had tested...Will definitely want to work with this again.

THC 4%
CBD <0.1%
CBN <0.1%
THCa 20.2%
CBDa 0.2%
Ä-8 THC <0.1%
CBGa 0.3%
THCv <0.1
CBDv <0.1
CBC 0.3%
Total 25%
Max THC 21.7%
Max CBD 0.2%

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
So, here's the skinny on the Kali China I had tested...Will definitely want to work with this again.

THC 4%
CBD <0.1%
CBN <0.1%
THCa 20.2%
CBDa 0.2%
Ä-8 THC <0.1%
CBGa 0.3%
THCv <0.1
CBDv <0.1
CBC 0.3%
Total 25%
Max THC 21.7%
Max CBD 0.2%

Thanks for putting this up!

THC 4%
CBD <0.1%
CBN <0.1%
THCa 20.2%
CBDa 0.2%
Ä-8 THC <0.1%
CBGa 0.3%
THCv <0.1
CBDv <0.1
CBC 0.3%
Total 25%
Max THC 21.7%
Max CBD 0.2%

Would you please explain 4 percent THC and 21.7 percent max THC, big thanx

C

Collembola

hello,

THC starts of as THCa (THC with an acid molecule)

when "decarboxylated" (157° C / 314.6° Fahrenheit upwards heat is applied), THC loses this acid molecule.

thus 4% THC + 20.2% THCa = potentially "24.2% THC" (no acid) (VERY potent cannabis)

(decarboxylation occurs naturally, when drying / curing (this accounts for the 4% THC in the test results i am guessing (if not influenced by the test process)).

(all cured / dried bud will yield THC as far as i am aware, although decarboxylated cannabis should not be yielding THCa)

(if you think of the process of "raw juicing" etc (ingestion of THCa and not THC))

(THCa is not psychoactive).

C

Collembola

sorry, please ignore the

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"(157° C / 314.6° Fahrenheit upwards heat is applied)[/FONT]"

that is the "vaporization" point of THC.

decarboxylation happens naturally, although the process gets ALOT quicker with temperatures of 80c upwards.

-Oops

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
So I'm starting to get to know this plant in an -um- more intimate fashion. The more knowledge I gain, the more impressed I become. It seems to me that some hybrids muddy the best qualities of the parents whereas there are other hybrids which take on the best traits of the parents and these different qualities arrive in different phases of the experience...this strain is the latter, in my experience.

Tried it this morning for a wake and bake and all I can say was that the first part of the experience was filled with these frissons of electric current running through my body. Electric - but not at all with anxiety. More with the joy and delight of electricity. Currents of bliss. After a fashion, the head comes on and the electricity yields to a very profound, deep and relaxed state. Relaxed but not lethargic at all - things can get done. I know! I did them!!...OTOH, it is quite possible to consider an object in its entirety only to realize that 10 minutes have passed. Quite powerful in all regards. As I go deeper into my experience with her, I hope to write more.

Scentwise - again she's complex - she's been in a jar since February - so it's a long cure. Hard to explain...creamy, fruity in a way but not that citric at this point...certainly not lemony...orange and melon perhaps. And some darker tones...musk, perhaps. Not wild like some plants that smell like rain forest but neither is it hashy. Absolutely lovely whatever it is.

Yep...very much recommend.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Although it's really hard to describe the complex Kali China terpene profile and its sativa/indica effect, i totally agree with your experience mayan, that's why i love so much this line :)

Here are some pics of a few more selected Kali China F4 parental plants from line 21 that we are testing in a second round.

It has been really hot lately, but they performed great and many plants finished in just 7 weeks of 12/12 from clone :biggrin: Others took 8 weeks .... all of them finished 7-10 days earlier than the first round from seed.

It has been a long time since i'm enjoying so much with the breeding and outcome of a line like Kali China.

Attachments

• Kali China 21 - 16 con 7 semanas de 12 12.jpg
    Kali China 21 - 16 con 7 semanas de 12 12.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Kali China 21 - 16 con 7 semanas de 12 12 top.jpg
    Kali China 21 - 16 con 7 semanas de 12 12 top.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Kali China 21 - 8 cogollo con 7 semanas a 12 12.jpg
    Kali China 21 - 8 cogollo con 7 semanas a 12 12.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 120

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few Kalichina pics

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]