Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > 38 year old seeds popped!

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
38 year old seeds popped! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2018, 08:50 PM #1
SacredC

SacredC will become famous soon enoughSacredC will become famous soon enough
38 year old seeds popped!

Not Ace related, but as lovers of landrace genetics I thought this would be a good place to share my excitement.

So my mom has been living with an old man from the northern mendocino / southern humboldt hills for the past 5-6 years helping him out, he is 93 years old and has been growing out there since the mid 70's, a while back he told me that he had kept a lot of his seeds from over the years in his horse stable, they were all very well kept in jars with oxygen absorbers and old magazine paper in an old military ammunition box.

Well!! I came across a ton of seeds, ranging from 1977 to 1991
and I was told to take whatever I cared to.

I just put some seeds in a paper towel yesterday afternoon that were labeled [Afghan x Cambodian 1980] and already 7 out of 28 have tails sticking out!!! 1980!!!! almost 40 years, I cant believe it and I am so excited!

The tap roots on some of them are a weird color, but they popped out nonetheless which says to me "THEYRE ALIVEEEEEEEE"

other seeds I found were often not labled as a strain unfortunately, but I did come across some Mazar i Sharif seeds by the hundreds from 78-81.
SacredC is offline Quote

35 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:52 PM #2
Stickybred420

Stickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really niceStickybred420 is just really nice
cannot wait to see what comes from those seeds. you are a very lucky person!!
Stickybred420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:54 PM #3
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
tag
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 PM #4
Cvh

Cvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud ofCvh has much to be proud of
Amazing mate!!!
Subbed.
Cvh is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2018, 08:59 PM #5
bodhiseeds
deep in botanical meditation

bodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of lightbodhiseeds is a glorious beacon of light
awesome!

what a blessing....

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:00 PM #6
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
Lots of treasure in these hills, happy growing!

Payaso is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM #7
SolarLogos

SolarLogos will become famous soon enoughSolarLogos will become famous soon enough
What a find!!! You are one lucky dude. I'm a N.Cali native and probably grew up in his back yard. I grew up in the hills on the north end of Mendocino county throughout the 70' and 80's. Good stuff, good memories.
Peace
SolarLogos is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM #8
SacredC

SacredC will become famous soon enoughSacredC will become famous soon enough
May be a little late for them to get big outdoors, but I'm excited either way! Wish them luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180605_115256.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	458396
SacredC is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:04 PM #9
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Wow awesome find. That could be the first post of a huge thread. Like epic levels. Very best of luck to you on this endeavor! I don't pray, but this bowl is for you seeds who are older than me.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2018, 09:07 PM #10
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to allwvkindbud38 is a name known to all
Dang I had a ton of genetics prolly 5k worth that were around 10yrs old and I couldn't get anything to germ. I didn't have them properly stored though. I'll make dang sure to store seeds correctly from now on, even if I plan to stop growing again I'll make sure I have the genetics hopefully. This is amazing my friend I've never heard many stories of this kind !!!!

I'm making a comeback !!!!

WV's headin' outdoors 2018 grow

REAL GORILLA SEEDS 9 Strains !!!

Seedsman Fem Collection !!!

Female Seeds Critical Sour & Chem OG !!!

KC Brains Cristal Limit (fem)

Outdoor grow threads & album pics coming soon !!!!!

realgorillaclothing.com

WVs Outdoor Critical/Chem grow !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=354027

WVs Outdoor RealGorilla strains
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355383
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.