Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Benefits of Medical Marijuana

Thread Title Search
Benefits of Medical Marijuana Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2018, 11:13 AM #1
SherriJamison

SherriJamison will become famous soon enough
Benefits of Medical Marijuana

Marijuana strains can affect each person in a different way. What helps one person may not be the solution for another. However, there are general and accepted benefits of using medical marijuana that is changing lives of people everywhere.

Regulates appetite: Marijuana is well known for giving its users the “munchies” and this is especially beneficial for cancer patients who are not able to keep a healthy appetite during treatment. It can also benefit anyone who has trouble due to other illnesses, or perhaps anorexia and bulimia.

Suppresses nausea: This is also incredibly beneficial for cancer patients and another kind of patient who might have to take in a kind of medicine that doesn’t react well with their bodies. This is why certain marijuana strains are often used to help those going through chemotherapy.

Helps against epileptic seizures: It has been proven that medical marijuana can help prevent epileptic seizures. The regular relaxation that marijuana gives its users can fight against the incredibly strong muscle spasms that plague those with epilepsy.

Helps against anxiety: The calming effects of certain marijuana strains can help those who have crippling anxiety. Instead of relying on potentially harmful medication to fight against those mental fears, they can instead turn towards medical marijuana as a different alternative.

Helps with pain suppression: The cannabinoids found in marijuana can help fight against pain. An added bonus is that, when used alongside other kinds of pain medication, particular marijuana strains work with the medication to increase the effects. This makes the two medications mesh together to create a stronger relief than they would have been on their own.

Slows progression of Alzheimer’s Disease: There are certain studies going on that are showing promising results regarding the use of marijuana and Alzheimer’s disease. The study says that THC could help to slow the formation of the harmful plaques that grow inside the brain that eventually develops into Alzheimer’s.
SherriJamison is offline Quote

Old 05-28-2018, 12:12 PM #2
Pinnate

Pinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherriJamison View Post
Slows progression of Alzheimer’s Disease: There are certain studies going on that are showing promising results regarding the use of marijuana and Alzheimer’s disease. The study says that THC could help to slow the formation of the harmful plaques that grow inside the brain that eventually develops into Alzheimer’s.
I'd go further ─ and say that regular use of cannabis will prevent Alzheimer's disease from occurring in the first place...
Pinnate is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 09:49 AM #3
JamesJharper

JamesJharper is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Helps against anxiety: The calming effects of certain marijuana strains can help those who have crippling anxiety. Instead of relying on potentially harmful medication to fight against those mental fears, they can instead turn towards medical marijuana as a different alternative.

Thanks for sharing useful information regarding benefits of Medical Marijuana for Anxiety. I am the new user of Medical Marijuana. Can you share the information with me how to use Medical Marijuana for Anxiety?
JamesJharper is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 10:27 AM #4
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Location: it's like a cross between an industrial vacuum cleaner and a chrome piggy bank with marital aids stuck all over it.
Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Makes my taint smell fresh: and zero aftertaste!!!

Chunkypigs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:41 PM #5
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nicebuzzmobile is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
Makes my taint smell fresh: and zero aftertaste!!!
Why are you tasting your taint? There's no medical benefit to that.
buzzmobile is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 01:16 PM #6
Switcher56

Switcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
Why are you tasting your taint? There's no medical benefit to that.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 01:29 PM #7
Pinnate

Pinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the roughPinnate is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
Why are you tasting your taint?
And more to the point ─ HOW?
Pinnate is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2018, 02:05 PM #8
Switcher56

Switcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really niceSwitcher56 is just really nice
Quote:
Marijuana strains can affect each person in a different way. What helps one person may not be the solution for another. However, there are general and accepted benefits of using medical marijuana that is changing lives of people everywhere.

Regulates appetite: Marijuana is well known for giving its users the “munchies” and this is especially beneficial for cancer patients who are not able to keep a healthy appetite during treatment. It can also benefit anyone who has trouble due to other illnesses, or perhaps anorexia and bulimia.

Suppresses nausea: This is also incredibly beneficial for cancer patients and another kind of patient who might have to take in a kind of medicine that doesn’t react well with their bodies. This is why certain marijuana strains are often used to help those going through chemotherapy.

Helps against epileptic seizures: It has been proven that medical marijuana can help prevent epileptic seizures. The regular relaxation that marijuana gives its users can fight against the incredibly strong muscle spasms that plague those with epilepsy.

Helps with pain suppression: The cannabinoids found in marijuana can help fight against pain. An added bonus is that, when used alongside other kinds of pain medication, particular marijuana strains work with the medication to increase the effects. This makes the two medications mesh together to create a stronger relief than they would have been on their own.

Thanks for sharing Unfortunately that is a very short list. When I find my link I will post it (more than 100 discussed). I am a diabetic and use cannabis to treat my ailment.

Bold text:

For those that have been following me, I can no longer smoke the buds. So I ingest my cannabis. Cannabis can be an appetite suppressor as well. Although none of the strains I ingest have appetite boosters in them, taking a cap 1hr prior to meals negates the munchies. IME it is "the down" that gives you the munchies. Succumbing to the munchies will further drop you down, compounding the problem.

Wrt every strain is different and every strain affects people differently. My wife tried Gdp for insomnia (on my recommendation. (She has no problem falling asleep, she has problems staying asleep)). She had no problem falling alseep but when the pill hit it's full glory at around hr 3, she was wide awake for the rest of the night. Needless to say she wasn't a happy camper! Cap = 4 to 6hrs

When you use cannabis as medicine, you learn to "dial" your meds in by, selecting the appropriate strain (no sense using something that will simply $$$$ your wallet) and simply get you high. vice simply tooting on a doobie for recreational use.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:09 PM #9
Switcher56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnate View Post
And more to the point ─ HOW?
He probably learned it from Ron Jeremy

Old 06-01-2018, 03:54 PM #10
Switcher56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Thanks for sharing Unfortunately that is a very short list. When I find my link I will post it (more than 100 discussed). I am a diabetic and use cannabis to treat my ailment.

Bold text:

For those that have been following me, I can no longer smoke the buds. So I ingest my cannabis. Cannabis can be an appetite suppressor as well. Although none of the strains I ingest have appetite boosters in them, taking a cap 1hr prior to meals negates the munchies. IME it is "the down" that gives you the munchies. Succumbing to the munchies will further drop you down, compounding the problem.

Wrt every strain is different and every strain affects people differently. My wife tried Gdp for insomnia (on my recommendation. (She has no problem falling asleep, she has problems staying asleep)). She had no problem falling alseep but when the pill hit it's full glory at around hr 3, she was wide awake for the rest of the night. Needless to say she wasn't a happy camper! Cap = 4 to 6hrs

When you use cannabis as medicine, you learn to "dial" your meds in by, selecting the appropriate strain (no sense using something that will simply $$$$ your wallet) and simply get you high. vice simply tooting on a doobie for recreational use.
https://www.marijuanabreak.com/172-c...-can-help-cure Here you go