Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Fractal Design Define XL - PC grow cabinet

Thread Title Search
Fractal Design Define XL - PC grow cabinet Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2018, 11:30 PM #51
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
using a high airflow fan with restrictions (filter) doesnt work well, youll need a fan that provides higher static pressure, not just free air flowing high cubic feet numbers

or make the filter more efficient, bigger surface area

Old 06-13-2018, 04:02 PM #52
WhiteBud

WhiteBud is on a distinguished road
The Noctua NF-A14-3000 have good static pressure of 10.52mmH2O. I guess my filter tru which the fan is pulling is too small and the fan is pulling too much air. Maybe I need to limit the RPM to 2000 or less in order for the filter to work. I'm using a filter similar TeriYaki's - https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php...ctureid=942295
My fan is 2 times more powerful. Also I'm using this type of activated carbon -> https://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-af9o6/...86.513.jpg?c=2
Maybe I need to use other type?
WhiteBud is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 05:33 PM #53
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
youre not using a cillinder filter ??

and 300cubic per hour on 6 watts, is high airflow no matter what the ad tells you, a regular fan takes like 40 watts for that, but then its suited for a filter

Old 06-13-2018, 06:43 PM #54
WhiteBud

WhiteBud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffnPufferfish View Post
youre not using a cillinder filter ??

and 300cubic per hour on 6 watts, is high airflow no matter what the ad tells you, a regular fan takes like 40 watts for that, but then its suited for a filter
Yep. Something like that one in the picture. Made it from PVC pipe. Also I'm running a full tower PC box, so it's not much space. So what do you think buddy? Maybe I need to lower the RPM of my fan? I think I shall try that but first I must buy a fan controller.
WhiteBud is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2018, 02:37 AM #55
HuffnPufferfish

get yourself a regular filter first, a cillinder has about 8 times more surface area compared to the sandwich model, if youre using the psu place as exhaust you can get pvc 90* bend and put the filter on the back of the case