Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Great OutDoors > Get Baked and Go Fishing

Thread Title Search
Get Baked and Go Fishing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2018, 05:03 PM #1391
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfishy1 View Post
Edit: makes me wonder how regional the ‘hot’ bait is...
pompano eat sand fleas wherever sand fleas can be found...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:04 PM #1392
stankydankys

stankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the rough
About to plan a lil fishing trip soon. Been 4 years without and can't wait to get back out there. Fall will be fun fishing with my harvest of blue dream, Golden grams and unknown Indica.
stankydankys is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 08:36 PM #1393
CaptainDankness

CaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud of
Y'all making me jealous, I miss ocean fishing. Fresh water ain't terrible though and trout are delicious and it's always better than buying fish from the grocery store.

Though I am determined to catch some big lake trout and landlocked salmon.
CaptainDankness is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 PM #1394
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
An old picture of a good fishing buddy of mine....
Jake got cancer after this pic, fought it hard for over 10 years and died about 7 years ago...

I miss him.. He was a damn good fisherman and a damn good friend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing in the slough.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	459359

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:37 PM #1395
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
Figured I'd post another picture from the same day...

I was lucky to get this split second shot...
This large mouth bass saw the boat, turned and ran like a demon!
He broke Jake's 12 lb. line from just pulling.

For size reference, that lure is a 3 and a half inch plug...

This split second is the only time we saw him. We estimated he was well over 8 lbs...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1990 jakes bass....almost.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	460323

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:45 AM #1396
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
a 2 fister +
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2018, 08:10 AM #1397
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to beholdJustSumTomatoes is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
Figured I'd post another picture from the same day...

I was lucky to get this split second shot...
This large mouth bass saw the boat, turned and ran like a demon!
He broke Jake's 12 lb. line from just pulling.

For size reference, that lure is a 3 and a half inch plug...

This split second is the only time we saw him. We estimated he was well over 8 lbs...

Awesome! I feel like I lose way too many nice bass I manage to hook up on.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2018, 11:10 AM #1398
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Its easy to loose bass compared to other fish... they start to shake like crazy and have
open mouth,then those jumps... really good sport fish..
Dog Star is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:45 PM #1399
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
Went last night. Caught the bottom of low tide and fished until slack.
Caught two bluefish and 10 stripers . Biggest striper was 27 inches the rest were all in the 18-24 inch range.
A Black Bomber was the lure of choice but I did catch two of the smaller bass on the bucktail teaser tied up front of the lure.
Good times. Moon, shooting stars,a tiny bit of phosphorescence in the water. Fishing by feel at night when you cant see your cast or the retrieve of your lure is great. It refines your technique and makes you rely on your gear.
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:18 PM #1400
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to beholdBadfishy1 is a splendid one to behold
Really wish I had a lot of pics I took on older phones. I was and still am horrible uploading pics to pc. Typically drop phone in the drink before remembering to upload. Love catching tank bass. When younger I would fish golf course lakes for bass... the fertilizers used to make the grass grow green also seem to make the fish grow... NO absolutely will NOT eat anything from those lakes, but the size of the fish made the trespassing charges well worth it lol
Badfishy1 is online now Quote