Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2017, 07:26 PM #111
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
I'll get some pictures later. it's just 2 bars that roll all the way up to the top on arms. when it's open the bars sit in the middle on the top. look at you tube karmens greenhouses. they use the same system.
no hassle from the county on stoves. they are epa compliant, California and Washington approved. they are super clean and efficient, you can't see smoke. not that anyone cares this far in the woods.
i really don't know about weight. depends on the time of year and sun. how well it's trellissed and packed efficiently. strains. etc. I'd say if you give it love you can get more then a lb for every 16 sq ft of canopy like indoor. but you have to have walk ways. 20x60 will get up to 70 lbs if its dialed at the right time of year.
you mean the emerald cup? i know I'm not doing a booth this year. I may go for a day just to get seeds. if I'm around, I'd do some consulting if time permits.
pm me and I'll explain the controller and solar options.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 03:30 PM #112
genesis129

genesis129 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the response i haven't posted enough to im. i'll try to shoot you a message through your photo host
genesis129 is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2017, 09:11 PM #113
the_niņo

the_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nice
such a bad ass thread... thanks for all the info.... will def be trying some tricks out this season
the_niņo is online now Quote

Old 02-18-2018, 08:09 PM #114
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough

Moms veging in the veg house. Keep it sectioned off to save heat. As the plants grow, i move the divider back. I keep it hot in there. Heat Thermostat is set at 75 during the day and 61 at night. But ventilation thermostat is set at 90 during the day. So day time temps are minimum 75 if it's overcast. If the sun is out its up to 90f.
Growth is so fast, i can see it every day. Cant see why people veg indoors. Cuttings taken from these moms are superior in every way to indoor moms.

Last edited by CrushnYuba; 02-18-2018 at 08:25 PM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:28 AM #115
Humboldt-hermit

Humboldt-hermit will become famous soon enough
Hey yuba. I built my 20x100 with the pipe bender. It's awesome now I'd like to try to set it up for auto dep like in your posts. I'm wondering if you still do the same set up or if you have since modified your auto setup? Also where is the best place to source the parts? And what parts do I exactly need? Thanks for the help my friend
Humboldt-hermit is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 03:26 AM #116
Speed of green

Speed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the roughSpeed of green is a jewel in the rough
I ordered mine from a company in China, Maxpower is the name I believe. I think I paid $150/motor. Their “control center” is a piece of shit but the motors are legit.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...655469471.html

After that you will need a 24v timer a DPdt relay and a 24v power source to drive the motors and timer.
Speed of green is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2018, 08:03 AM #117
CrushnYuba

Yea.. Max power has good cheap motors. Their controllers are total junk.
I have tried a few different systems. I recently tried a rack and pinion interior cover like forever flowering or grow tech. I think roll up is still the best. I think the ultimate design right now is double layer clear poly with a black out roll up structure inside of it. I saw 4 seasons has a nice design i ripped off.
Interior structure prevents rain from building up in the black out pins. Also makes double clear with inflation easier.. Adds to insulation.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:39 PM #118
the_niņo

the_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nicethe_niņo is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
Yea.. Max power has good cheap motors. Their controllers are total junk.
I have tried a few different systems. I recently tried a rack and pinion interior cover like forever flowering or grow tech. I think roll up is still the best. I think the ultimate design right now is double layer clear poly with a black out roll up structure inside of it. I saw 4 seasons has a nice design i ripped off.
Interior structure prevents rain from building up in the black out pins. Also makes double clear with inflation easier.. Adds to insulation.
ya that interior light dep at 4 seasons looks pretty tight.... nice simple design
the_niņo is online now Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 12:22 AM #119
Smith111

Smith111 will become famous soon enough
Awesome thread
Smith111 is online now Quote

Old 10-15-2018, 12:14 AM #120
Zeez
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant futureZeez has a brilliant future
I came up with a plan for a light dep controller that shouldn't cost more than $250 to make. At home I use a Vera Zwave controller to run house lights, grow room, hydroponic pumps, measuring 10 gallon increments ect. Zwave is a wireless remote control setup. A cheap Vera lite controller can be had for $60. Appliance 15 amp modules and dual 10 amp plug in modules are about $30. Vera can do simple on-off commands, dimming, or commands based on a time schedule, including sunrise, sunset. Vera can also do 'Scenes' where sequences or macros can be easily built to do sequential, scheduled, or if-then commands. All of this cam be overseen or operated from a cell phone or computer.

For the controller, two pairs of wires come in, one pair each motor. They get joined green to green and red to red. the power comes from four 12v automotive type solenoids(1, 2, 3, 4) powered by transformers connected to the Zwave modules. The joined red and green wires go to the solenoids. Red goes to 1 and 3. Green goes to 2 and 4. With 4 zwave modules, scenes can be created to power the solenoids reversing the polarity of the power to the motors. A little tinkering would give the exact amount of time for the extension and retraction of the light dep tarp. The tarp motors can be run from a battery.
Zeez is offline Quote