What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi

S

spliphy

learning new things everyday

learning new things everyday

awesome Tangwena.

Could those cobs be baked into something? I'm sure they could. I just wonder if the it would be an unnecessary step if one is going to bake with it. Have you ever tried baking and eating?

I exclusively eat stuff I have baked and take my meds this way now. Just too many years of smoking. Would it be worth it to do the cobs if one was going to bake with it?

Tangwena

Veteran
High? spliphy you and I are in the same boat,lungs are rooted from malawi oil in Africa.
I was a pig when I was younger, the cobs are just a method of curing, you can use it for anything. I chewed on a piece of cob this morning followed by a piece of dry sift malawi hash and some red bull to give me wings I am still fucked up.
Life is great.
I have some zamaldelica, malawi and mulangi gold clones about to be planted in the bush in the north of australia for a winter grow. I am hoping for some good heads for chewing.
A question, when you chew different buds can you taste all the terpenes ect I know I am getting really tuned in to the different tastes, even buds from the same plant can taste different. I know when chewing what type of high to expect from the taste ( from the same plant)

Tangwena

S

spliphy

High? spliphy you and I are in the same boat,lungs are rooted from malawi oil in Africa.
I was a pig when I was younger, the cobs are just a method of curing, you can use it for anything. I chewed on a piece of cob this morning followed by a piece of dry sift malawi hash and some red bull to give me wings I am still fucked up.
Life is great.
I have some zamaldelica, malawi and mulangi gold clones about to be planted in the bush in the north of australia for a winter grow. I am hoping for some good heads for chewing.
A question, when you chew different buds can you taste all the terpenes ect I know I am getting really tuned in to the different tastes, even buds from the same plant can taste different. I know when chewing what type of high to expect from the taste ( from the same plant)

Tangwena

Those African clones sound awesome. They should finish for you faster over the winter, yes?

I am not much of a chewer of buds. It is interesting that you can forecast the high by taste. I heat buds in water and olive oil then cool in the frig. The butter or oil is then baked into bread. After determining dosage of the bread (how much to eat), then I have a supply of edibles for awhile. Making one's own bread is easy and tasty. Flatbreads are very easy to make if you have a pizza stone. A little oil and salt, a glass of wine, all is good.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Spliphy the winter grow in the north (of tropic of capricorn) is good I vedge them under 6/18 under lights then plant them out 1st April, we get 12.5 hours light a day, dropping until July when we get under 11hrs. They start flowering within a couple of weeks. Usualy finish end of July or early August. Our winters are 28c day and 15c at night. The sun is still strong enough to flower nicely. I grow sativas, so they still grow when flowering to 1.5mtrs, to 2 if your lucky.
I have to water weekly until June and then the odd shower is enough to finish them off. The bonus is though its not hot its dry. I think a dry finish is good for African plants.

That bread recipe would not work for me, I love fresh bread so much I would eat the lot in one go.
But I will give the oil a go. I have to eat my meds, as my lungs cant handle any smoke even vapor makes me get a raw feeling in my lungs.
I am having a lot of fun trying different combinations of hash, oil, and buds. One thing for sure I get high for longer and use way less buds than when smoking.

Does the bread taste of MJ, like when you make cookies using butter?
Another problem I have with MJ in food is because I chew the buds the edibles taste so damn good I cant leave them alone and get really wasted.

Life is good, God bless
Tangwena

S

spliphy

Hi Spliphy the winter grow in the north (of tropic of capricorn) is good I vedge them under 6/18 under lights then plant them out 1st April, we get 12.5 hours light a day, dropping until July when we get under 11hrs. They start flowering within a couple of weeks. Usualy finish end of July or early August. Our winters are 28c day and 15c at night. The sun is still strong enough to flower nicely. I grow sativas, so they still grow when flowering to 1.5mtrs, to 2 if your lucky.
I have to water weekly until June and then the odd shower is enough to finish them off. The bonus is though its not hot its dry. I think a dry finish is good for African plants.

That bread recipe would not work for me, I love fresh bread so much I would eat the lot in one go.
But I will give the oil a go. I have to eat my meds, as my lungs cant handle any smoke even vapor makes me get a raw feeling in my lungs.
I am having a lot of fun trying different combinations of hash, oil, and buds. One thing for sure I get high for longer and use way less buds than when smoking.

Does the bread taste of MJ, like when you make cookies using butter?
Another problem I have with MJ in food is because I chew the buds the edibles taste so damn good I cant leave them alone and get really wasted.

Life is good, God bless
Tangwena

Hi Tangwena,

The bread tastes a little "herby" with the Cannabis olive oil, a bit of bitterness. I use a little honey or honey and peanut butter with it.

Yes, self-control is needed. :)

S

spliphy

decarbolization

decarbolization

heating the Cannabis resin in the baking process converts some of the inactive compounds into active ones.

no doubt one can eat raw Cannabis and get buzzed. by baking it or heating more of the inactive components will turn into psychoactive ones. you should give heating a try Tangwena and see if you like it.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi (Mulangi Gold)

Malawi (Mulangi Gold)

I am trying some Mulangi Gold from Holy Smoke, a clone I took from a good looking one that has what look like purple leaves and smells very sweet.
I have her in flower about 6 weeks. I have some pollen from a male that I intend cross her with as I want seeds of this one.
If she is good I will revegge her and grow her big for a nice bunch of buds for new year.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Dope thread! I just rolled up my first attempt at a cob, even tho its just some blue dream X space queen, still wanna see what it does to the flavor and effect vs regular dry. Wish i woulda known this method back when i grew the golden tigers, as they were dope as hell but real harsh. Thanks for the info!

Tangwena

Veteran
Cool get mo wish you every success it takes a bit of practice to get the best results but its not rocket science. Post some pics of the finished product that would be cool to see.
Tangwena

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I just unseeled the bag after two weeks... so now i leave them with the bag open 4 more before i open the cobs? They do smell good already....

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi get Mo sweet man you can unbind the string and re tighten it to get really rock hard buds,visually inspect the skins for any mold, unwrap a little and visualy check the contents for mold before re wrapping tightly.
Then just store in a cool dry dark place, wrap the bag around them loosely, and open the bag daily to check they are not getting mouldy.
The cobs should start to get a dry wrapping skin then you know all is good.
After a couple of weeks open a cob like you peel a banana and remove your sample, then close and rebind before returning it to the storage place. After about 3 to 4 weeks you can remove it from the plastic bag and store it in the open or in a jar, checking the jar regulaly in case of mold.
Its a very hands on organic experience I have grown to love.
Enjoy the changing smells and textures, the smoke should be sweet, smooth and kick your ass ha ha . Please post some pics I am very excited for you taking the plunge it cant be easy
Regards Tangwena

I hope the above makes sense I have just had some fresh dried Zamaldelica bud that I decarbed for about 15 mins then extracted into coco butter, its totaly different from the other buds from my last grow, crystal clear, very trippy I can function because I am total absorbed by what I am doing, its only the first hour so things still have a way to go.
I can see for miles and miles and.. you get the picture, currently listening to Jethro Tull its not fast enough I will have to fix that.

Tangwena

Veteran
Cob cured Malawi

Cob cured Malawi

I have some close ups of Malawi cob cured and some Zamaldelica jar cured the trichs tell the tale I think

Tangwena

Shooters

I finally found some decent corn ears to do this with. I made some cob of Grapefruit, Lionheart, Zamaldelica #2&5, Purple Power, and Strawberry Cough. I used the vacuum sealer instead of burying it, can't wait to see how they do!

Thanks Tangwena

Suggestion?

Suggestion?

I am looking for a black pepper profile. I was told you can find that in Malawi.
It seems more like incense spice is more typical of the strain.
Can you give me any insight or suggestions?

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Donker seeds of Africa I bought some last year and I found the peppery smell was very common in the pack I bought, they should give you what you want easily.
Tangwena

Hi Donker seeds of Africa I bought some last year and I found the peppery smell was very common in the pack I bought, they should give you what you want easily.
Tangwena

Curious, what did you think of the seeds of africa overall? Was malawi the only line you tried?

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry

Tangwena

Veteran
Mr Roseberry no I have Mozambique as well and they appear to be legit seeds as you would get if you bought some local herb. You still need to select and breed the plants you are looking for and I haven't got the space.
But the Malawi Gold I grew smelt authentic, I will be growing the rest of the pack if I get the chance. Hopefully I will find what I am looking for. I have many Malawi seeds from a friend in Malawi to grow as well. The problem for me is 4 is as much as I can do at any one time and I have plenty of Ace seeds to grow and they always produce good plants straight off.
So I want to do two grows with Ace seeds and then when I have a good stock of powerful buds, I can afford to play hunt the pheno with my Malawi seeds.
Its a nice problem to have.
Tangwena

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi 008 the density does not concern me as I will be cobbing them. I care more about the effect than weight or density. I dont sell it so what they look like doesn't matter.
Once cob cured they are all the same density anyway ha ha
Tangwena

Latest posts

Latest posts