Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Green House Seeds > Feminized Seed Size

Thread Title Search
Feminized Seed Size Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 01:44 PM #1
staff11

Feminized Seed Size

Is it normal for feminized seeds to be a little smaller then normal seeds? I ordered a pack of Train Wreck Fems and a few of the beans are real small and most are smaller then my collection of bag seed and some other breeders beans I have.(all beans are normal not fem) Can't really germ these for a few more months as i have a current crop going.

Just for piece of mind, are they normally smaller or did i just get some small beans?

Another thing, the breeder pack I received had all the plastic where the seed is stored smashed in a little, not sure what the seed bank (Attitude) was thinking when they packed them. They don't seem smashed but it seems like the package went through hell a little.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:52 PM #2
jack.gh
IC Mag Supporter

jack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the roughjack.gh is a jewel in the rough
feminized seeds are the same size as regular seeds. The difference in size that I have noticed is mainly from where they are produced. Seeds produced outdoors tend to be larger. However it also depends on the strain. Small seeds are just as good as larger seeds, as long as the seeds are fertile, it won't make a difference
jack.gh is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM #3
OldPork
Banned

OldPork will become famous soon enoughOldPork will become famous soon enough
Ya, don't sweat it staff11, those miniscule seeds turn into honking monsters and fat colas. They're goooood.
OldPork is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 PM #4
elmanito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.gh View Post
Seeds produced outdoors tend to be larger. However it also depends on the strain.
Like you said it depends on the strain and not if it is produced in- or outside.

Namaste

Old 12-17-2009, 07:08 PM #5
staff11

Thanks all who replied.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 PM #6
BerndV

BerndV has a spectacular aura aboutBerndV has a spectacular aura aboutBerndV has a spectacular aura about
My AH#1 seeds were significantly larger than my AUH#1 seeds. I believe it is at least partially strain dependent.

Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
Abraham Lincoln

Current grow: Chemdog x Sour Diesel, Bubblegum (Serious)
BerndV is offline Quote

Old 12-23-2009, 06:53 PM #7
Synthettek

Synthettek will become famous soon enoughSynthettek will become famous soon enoughSynthettek will become famous soon enough
I was always under the impression too that pure or nearly pure sativa's seed size is much much smaller than indica's large seeds.
Synthettek is offline Quote