Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mdanzig Seeds > Mdanzigs "AeroGarden" experiment.

Thread Title Search
Mdanzigs "AeroGarden" experiment. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 AM #71
Rose56

Rose56 will become famous soon enoughRose56 will become famous soon enough
I can not imagine there is any real difference in an outdoor or indoor timer beyond the fact that an outdoor timer might be more water resistant and is a three prong plug. Which aero model do you have? What are you planning on growing in it? Beyond germinating seeds and starting clones I won't use it for a non autoflowering strain.
The thing about over riding the aero can be a problem depending on the model you have. If it has the 24 hour setting then it probably will be okay they are suppose to hold their memory in case of a power outage now whether it holds the memory for power outages that last 12 hours I don't know but it is easy enough to figure it out. It gets trickier for those that don't have the 24 hour setting my classic will reset to a default rather then the salad setting I use. It will also lose its nute's setting so you'll need to keep track of it on your own instead of relying on the little red light. Lastly the plants will do better if they have continuous oxygenation so you'll want to have an airstone going 24/7.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 PM #72
kylepaulripped

kylepaulripped is on a distinguished road
i tried to post messge on your page rose but it didnt work. ok, as of now i have freebies in my aero CLASSIC, the basic one. they are actually looking pretty decent. on friday it will be 3 weeks since i put the seeds in the aero. i put the setting on herbs/ basil, dont ask why i didnt know any better. i am hopeing soon to upgrade and get the deluxe model just so i have the extra space and better lighting. like i said i am very new at this and this is my first attempt ever at growing and i feel stupid putting a non autoflowering plant in it. the real seeds i ordered were nirvana bubblelicous. so im guessing i wont be able to grow these in the aero? which sucks because transplanting and growing in soil and what not will just be brand new as well. i guess i am going to have to buy an auto flower, any suggestings on what kind/ the best? also what should i do about the plants in the aero now and the bubblelicious? i appreciate the help
kylepaulripped is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 AM #73
Rose56

Rose56 will become famous soon enoughRose56 will become famous soon enough
Hi, I have started a grow thread in the Grow It (Micro grow) section here is the link:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...75#post2141775

I copied your note and will post it there and reply to it. This way we can get more aero growers to chime in.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM #74
u-nah-bomba

u-nah-bomba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanzig View Post
Okay, I'm posting some pics in a few. Sorry about the down time peeps, I had to buy a new hard drive, and install it myself. I also had to get all updated operating systems, and drivers/utilities CD's from Dell, and I just bought a kick ass anti-virus software called "ESET NOD 32". This is the best anti-virus software Ive ever used.
ESET SMART SECURITY 4 is better, just sayin..
It is Swedish and I have been using the ESET software for 4 years now, it rocks!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:12 PM #75
TacomaComa

Location: heavy peacin proppin floppy's under the stairs.....WOOOO!
TacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud ofTacomaComa has much to be proud of
neat little experiment - thanks for sharing
TacomaComa is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2010, 06:33 AM #76
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant future
great glad to see a pro doin this i love my aerogarden i had myne for 2 years and use it every time i have to germ 30hrs is about average i had some under 24h and the longest 52 till i have a sprout i like to leave em in there for 2wks before i pullem and put em into my bubble buckets im have roots like 2ft and they dont suffer transplant shock i really need to order more pucks i been stuffin the holes with rw and just jammin in a seed works fine though since u gonna finish in there u might consider addin a airstone in the bottom it makes a huge difference i may take an attempt to run autos in myne during some offtime when i run a longsativa and wont be usin it for a few months
anybody use it for clones i currently use a home made bubblecloner but think this may work better for clonin as well only one way to find out
peace brotha cant wait to see how this works
stonE
stoney917 is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 AM #77
caine0316

caine0316 is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone could make a tutorial for the noob growers like myself from start to finish of using the aerogarden to grow AF strains.
I bought the deluxe versions and bought some seeds.
I've searched and searched for a tutorial on how people grow out of these, but the info isnt very clear, like did they germinate the seeds first, then put them in the pods, or did they germinate them in the aerogarden itself and how(like put the seed in the pod, cover it with the dome and then what? turn it to salad or tomato setting, lights on or lights off, etc.).
Is there any way someone could write up a quick and dirty tutorial on how you did it?
Im sure i'm not the only one that would love one.
I'm not looking to yield a huge harvest(i keep seeing people comment about how you can build a better system for cheaper and you wont get much buds, etc. but i could care less about that. i want a set it and forget approach).
And it's just hard to go through every post trying to piece all the info together about this way of growing.
If anyone could please help me, i would truly appreciate it.
Thank you
caine0316 is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM #78
Johnny V

Johnny V is on a distinguished road
Hey Mdanzig, can you hit me up at SKUNK, we're doing a section on autoflowers.
Johnny V is offline Quote

Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 PM #79
CannabisPatient

CannabisPatient has a spectacular aura aboutCannabisPatient has a spectacular aura aboutCannabisPatient has a spectacular aura about
Pretty cool experiment. Maybe the lack of air stone is what caused the slime on the root pic.
CannabisPatient is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 AM #80
fabvariousk
Banned

fabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to all
Bump...because I am tired of seeing the top post of this forum be "poor quality blue streak seeds". Don't grow autos but I bet mdanzigs are top notch!
fabvariousk is offline Quote