What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Make-up???

Grat3fulh3ad said:
Do you honestly think that people are not geneticly pre-disposed toward one body type or another?

Because I know People who can eat like a horse, and not exercise... but remain thin as a rail... And I know people who eat much less, and walk several miles a day, but still wouldn't be considered thin by any means...
This is a "it's ok to be a lardass" crap. I WAS a FAT fat ass. I quit eating like a pig and now am at my correct body weight. Genes rule your brain.

Your brain also rules your dick. If my mind goes, ewwwww. My dick goes ewwww too. I know what hanging fat looks like: On me, so I'll be damed if I want to see someone elses.

And Your all eat the same and see what happens. Never work. 1st you'ld need 20 same sized people. If they're all not fat. Your already done. None will change, so you must use fatties. I cheated on every diet. Again you'll get bad data because someone thought they were starving to death.

Best diet is shit w/out working out.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
n24204life said:
This is a "it's ok to be a lardass" crap. I WAS a FAT fat ass. I quit eating like a pig and now am at my correct body weight. Genes rule your brain.
Nope... nobody is talking about being a 'lardass' here but you... We're talking about basic body shape... Which isn't even what the thread is about, and hasn't a thing to do with make-up... Who wears a bit of make-up to try to cover up being a lardass? You're funny....

You need to understand the functions of genes better if you don't realize that they govern EVERY biological process, not just your brain...

Are you ignorant enough to think everyone's body has the exact same potential? Just because you're a militant ex-fatty doesn't mean everyone has the same problems you did...

Like I said... a very narrow perspective you have...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
n24204life said:
Your brain also rules your dick. If my mind goes, ewwwww. My dick goes ewwww too. I know what hanging fat looks like: On me, so I'll be damed if I want to see someone elses.

And Your all eat the same and see what happens. Never work. 1st you'ld need 20 same sized people. If they're all not fat. Your already done. None will change, so you must use fatties. I cheated on every diet. Again you'll get bad data because someone thought they were starving to death.

Best diet is shit w/out working out.
So.. It's all about what you want to look at, EH? Why should I care what you say or think? wasn't that your question earlier?

Also where in the world did you get the Idea that make-up is to hide fat? this is a make-up thread not an weight control thread... Guess you're just hung up on your personal issues... Broaden your perspective, son....
My experiment would involve diet and exercise and would clearly demonstrate that people have different body types and different metabolisms....

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
n24204life said:
Whatever.

Stay hidden behind make-up.

You control you. Maybe not? Pray on it...That'll help.
hahaha... I don't ever wear any make-up, or hide behind anything...
I'm a guy...
I exercise everyday and am very fit...

You need to look beyond your own struggles and realize everyone is not having to deal with the same things you are... I have never had a weight problem, except when I am under weight...

Also...

Make-up to make you look thin? I never knew there was such a thing...

Pray? lmao....

Last edited:
That was to the missus dude. She put wearing make-up to hide acne or scars to feel normal and not be laughed at, not me.

I don't care what anyone thinks of me,but me. I lost the weight for me. And quit smokeing cigs. And quit being a sheep for me.

so wtf?

Grat3fulh3ad said:
hahaha... I don't ever wear any make-up, or hide behind anything...
I'm a guy...
I exercise everyday and am very fit...

You need to look beyond your own struggles and realize everyone is not having to deal with the same things you are... I have never had a weight problem, except when I am under weight...

Also...

Make-up to make you look thin? I never knew there was such a thing...

Pray? lmao....
Lucky you.

Lots of bible thumpers in here..lol..glad to find another realist?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
n24204life said:
That was to the missus dude. She put wearing make-up to hide acne or scars to feel normal and not be laughed at, not me.

I don't care what anyone thinks of me,but me. I lost the weight for me. And quit smokeing cigs. And quit being a sheep for me.

so wtf?
So... you think that someone who has scars on their face, and wears a bit of make-up to cover it to stop people from staring, is wrong for doing so?

Whatever... You sound like someone who is completely insensitive to other peoples feelings to me...

To blame someone for not liking a disfigurement instead of trying to be a just a little empathetic is harsh and unfeeling. It's much easier for a fat person to loose weight, that for someone with a disfigurement to make that go away...

Also... What does being fat and loosing weight have to do with make-up?

Man please. I've 1 leg and more scars than one can count. What I'm saying is your fooling yourself dmore than others.

How? Bye not finding out the other persons intent or true colors.

Example. Young lady wears make-up to hide whatever. Beds boy. Boy sees and leaves.

If someone makes fun of you because of your whatever. THEY ARE WORTHLESS SCUM.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
n24204life said:
Man please. I've 1 leg and more scars than one can count. What I'm saying is your fooling yourself dmore than others.

How? Bye not finding out the other persons intent or true colors.

Example. Young lady wears make-up to hide whatever. Beds boy. Boy sees and leaves.

If someone makes fun of you because of your whatever. THEY ARE WORTHLESS SCUM.
but it's not about friends... just going in public without stares and embarassment... of course it is more for the person wearing the make-up...

Like was said earlier... Make-up is not just for bedding someone...

Say the young lady has a job as a bank teller... and if she wears no make-up she notices people wince everytime they notice... all day long... and that's the polite ones... the rude ones stare, and the kids make comments... and everytime it crushes her inside...

Or she could wear a bit of make-up, and not have to deal with it, or make others uncomfortable...

I don't know why you're so anti-make-up... It's really quite harmless, and occasionally benneficial... It's not necessarily hiding, not like she's trying to pretend it's not there... but it sure makes for a smoother and more pleasant day for everyone...

Aslo to bring up your original point.... Make-up is not going to hide fat, and exercise isn't going to cover any scars or birthmarks... And you have no right to ridicule anyone or call anyone a liar for using a bit of make-up...

I'm not a make-up nazi. Wearing make-up to do as you say is great.

I have problems w/deception, and tons of women wear it for that reason alone.

I would never deny someone like that. Some are just stronger than others in dealing w/insults and looks. I was short and fat. No hideing.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Even if i was a transexual i wouldnt wear makeup, i just dont think it's for me, but if you enjoy wearing it then all the more power to you!

btw i heard a stat the other week that some women absorb up to 2 kilograms of makeup in one year! strewth

littlebit

I dont wear much make up. If I do, I just look like me with a lot of make up on!
In the summer I wear moisturizer and eye liner. ( I am a child of the 70's. I cant give up that black eye liner! )
In the winter I wear powder and blush, because I think I look pale.
However the # 1 thing I wear all the time to make me feel pretty is pink toe nail polish. No matter how I feel when I look down and see my pretty pink toes.... well, it makes me happy!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ignoring the slurs on my genetics knowledge lol, and tip toeing around being banned, if you accept that in extreme situations, it is clear that people will not be fat, then you have to accept that the level of bady fat can be controlled by controlling food intake. Although the brain uses up (typically) 80% of the body's calories (given a normal intake). So doubling all physical activity will only burn off 20% more calories than a normal day. Stress will typically burn off a similar additional level of calories, and so I accept that different people in different situations will need to eat differently to maintain the same weight, though that has little to do with genes. The metabolic rates of 2 people, one fatter and one thinner than the normal will show one has a higher rate and one a lower. But the higher rate is not in the thinner person. The body uses up more energy to maintain a larger body than a smaller one, so the metabolic rate needed is lower in the thinner person. There are genetic issues which in some people tell the body that it is never full, but that is very rare, and it is still the level of food eaten that dictates the size of the person. But back to make up, I think everyone would agree that in cases of disfigurement, then concealer is totally understandable, and frankly desirable by most. I hadn't considered that situation, I was merely talking about everyday useage by most people, as in a desire not to return to the 80s. But if we are talking about disfigurement and make up solutions, again in disfigurement cases I'm sure all would agree that plastic surgury is acceptable, but what about in terms of pure cosmetic vanity for the masses? Just an enhancement, or over the top? Would any of the ladies out there have a nose job or anything else done? Is that just a part of making oneself look better or is that something else?

Latest posts

Latest posts