Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > Make-up???

Thread Title Search
Make-up??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2007, 06:07 PM #11
Babbabud
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Babbabud has disabled reputation
no perfume in this house

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
your bud
babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants
Babbabud is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 01:10 AM #12
miss nycdf

miss nycdf will become famous soon enoughmiss nycdf will become famous soon enough
Ah, makeup.

I never wear foundation... at ALL. I just keep my skin clean, moisturized, try to do the SPF thing as much as possible to avoid lines and wrinkles, and I really have no reason to cover it! I have sensitive skin so anything that isn't all natural makes it irritated or clogs my pores anyway, and that's a no-no.

However.. I like to look polished and professional at work, so I'll wear some mascara and natural looking eyeshadow usually, and some sheer lipgloss or lip balm, but you usually can't tell I'm wearing makeup. I can't stand when women put on like 39 coats of mascara and wing-tip eyeliner and look like clowns.. what are they thinking?! Oh, and when you see a mask of orangy-colored base/foundation around their jawline. Its like uh.. do you have a mirror? lol

Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 AM #13

you cant beat the glow of natural skin ,,make ups a no ,perfumes even worse ,,nothing wrong with smelling of palmolive soap ,,

i have to agree on the hair part though ,,keep it neat or stay indoors !!! lol

btw i am perfect in every way

Old 07-04-2007, 03:48 AM #14
bitchhitsbongs
"dancing in the grow room"

bitchhitsbongs will become famous soon enoughbitchhitsbongs will become famous soon enough
i totally agree with this less is more thing and with miss nycdf on your make-up choices mascara, eyeshadow, and lip gloss. some burt's bee love that shit
bitchhitsbongs is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2007, 07:59 AM #15
miss nycdf

miss nycdf will become famous soon enoughmiss nycdf will become famous soon enough
^ yes, Burts Bees is a great line. I like the plain old minty lip balm, its nice.

And here is a really informative link for you ladies that like to keep your skin looking nice and glowy. (It's sort of a preoccupation of mine). The site is Dr Hauschka, an amazing all organic skin care line that I'd highly recommend.. but this is called "7 Facts that Will Change Your Skin" and it taught me quite a bit:

https://www.drhauschka.com/about/7-facts/

I use the Quince Day Cream, which rocks, btw... also their toner and Cleansing Cream are awesome.

Also, this is definitely a great source of info (wonderful skincare line too):
https://sukisnaturals.com/quality_toxic.php

You should always read the labels and be aware of what is in any product you put on your skin. The amount of chemicals women absorb into their bloodstream via lotions, cleansers, makeup, etc is really horrifying and while it may not have any adverse affects immediately, these chemicals are building up in your system and causing potential problems. There are even a lot more that this site doesn't list. Off the top of my head, I know that DMDM Hydantoin breaks down in your body as formaldehyde. It's pretty scary to think about, imo....

I'm not trying to plug either one of these products, I have no financial interest in doing so, I just like to pass along what I think is useful info to other ladies who like to keep their skin looking nice. However they can be a bit pricey, so if anyone else is interested I can recommend a less expensive brand that works great too.

Remember, there is no organization like the FDA has for food or medications which stringently regulates cosmetics/beauty products. There are a lot of ingredients that are still used in US products which have been banned by countries in Europe due to the potentially harmful chemicals/carcinogens... it really is quite frightening.

So, anyhow... hope my ramblings have at least made a few more people aware of what they put on their skin, hair/scalp, etc.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 AM #16

I don't really wear a lot of makeup if any. If I do I usually wear eye makeup and maybe put a little gloss on my lips. I have good coloring and skin so I really don't need anything.

I do like Proactive skin care to wash my face. I never have any acne with that stuff and my face is always soft and smooth looking. If I stop using it my face feels so dirty and I'll get light acne now and again.

I have been wondering about the bare essentials tho. It looks so easy to put on and it doesn't look like it will clog up your skin. Maybe i'll have to splurge and buy some to try it out

Old 07-05-2007, 06:07 PM #17
Jack Crevalle

Quote:
However.. I like to look polished and professional at work, so I'll wear some mascara and natural looking eyeshadow usually, and some sheer lipgloss or lip balm....
That's Hot! hehehe

Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 AM #18
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
i like to keep my woman "homely" looking.
barefoot and pregnant is key in my household.
we don't want her scaring the neighbors now.

but for real, i believe less is more.
my wife is her most pretty when we wake up in the morning.
too bad she won't go out like that.
what would we do with all that money we would save by not buying makeup anyway?

i don't like a girl that paints her face to the point she belongs in a 3 ring circus.
i call it "clowning out" or "facial graffiti".
and why do some girls think its sexy to leave the house smelling like a french whore?
so much perfume on, you think she fell in a puddle of it.
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2007, 02:13 PM #19
Ms.Grat3ful
Sunshine DayDreamer

Ms.Grat3ful has disabled reputation

....sheercover.com

....for those with or without fabulous face complexions naturally.....
the best ever IMHO...

ms.g

Last edited by Ms.Grat3ful; 07-07-2007 at 10:31 PM..
Ms.Grat3ful is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2007, 03:26 PM #20
Ms.Grat3ful
Sunshine DayDreamer

Ms.Grat3ful has disabled reputation
However, the draw back is that you do have to order it and 'wait' ....
....so if I am ever in a pinch and that in between time, I am gonna get me some bare essentials....
if mrs.b says it's good then it's all good...
Ms.Grat3ful is offline Quote