What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Make-up???

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have noticed a bunch of new ladies joining the site these days and was curious as to how many of you wear make-up?...do you care?...wear it sometimes?...feel naked without it on?...I guess I'm one of those in between gals..I work at a place where you have to wear professional cloths and makeup is pretty much a must...on weekends I dont wear as much or any unless we are going to a "funtion" of some sort....

Another reason I'm asking if any of you have tried the Bare Escentuals line of makeup?...I have been using it for a cpl of months now and I love it, it covers the "stuff" :puppydoge but doesnt look all makeupey, if ya know what I mean...if your lookin for something new look into it, its darn good! :headbange

Guys lets hear your views, what do you all think?...better with or without?...do your women wear makeup?...lets hear it!

:wave: :joint:

Mrs. Ohenry

Hey Mrs. B!

I'm right up there with you as an in-between gal! If Oh and I have a function to go to, I'll get dazzled up. If we're just hangin out at the house or if I have to run a few errands, no worries going out bare. (esp. because of the summer glow hehe)

I just recently left my job, where I had to be decked to the 10's all the time to deal with clients etc... Even when I was in college I felt it necessary to always be 'made up.' However, recently I haven't felt the need to wear it unless I need to. Because of this, my skin, which has always been average, has felt so much healthier without the smothering of foundation. Not wearing make-up gives my face and skin the ability to breathe. I'm no angel though, I go tanning instead..hehe Something about a fresh tan lessens my desires as well....

But, I do of course have container after container of various types of make-up. Two of my favs are Almay's Smart Shade, and Physicians Formula Mineral Wear. The almay line is fantastic! Its called smart shade and the foundation literally comes out looking like hand lotion. When you apply it to your skin, it has pigments that smush together to 'match' your skin color making your face feel light and almost make-up free! The other brand I recommend is the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear. This is a water based foundation that is talc free and feels light on your skin. I also notice you don't get that mid-day greasy feeling either! I'm gonna hafta try the Bare Essentials line as well!! I'll keep you posted!! :respect: :jump: :joint:

G

Why yes...I wear make-up. I try to match my eye liner to match my shoes. uh..er..this isn't the cross dressing forum?? It's the herb forum?? er..uh..never mind! Seriously, I hate when women wear so much warpaint. I like simple. Let the natural beauty shine through. Make-up like a tart scares me. Keep it simple and don't forget the red lipstick....oh baby!

M

Mr. Nevermind

Guys lets hear your views, what do you all think?...better with or without?...do your women wear makeup?...lets hear it!

Well as a true appreciator of the opposite sex i would like to give my 2 cents. With make up, in my opinion, less is more. I dont liek to see a women all made up, if they are it makes me think they are hiding a flaw or are in secure. Make up is something that is supposed to accentuate a womens features, not to match her outfit or anything silly like that. I like to see a women frsh out of the shower, hair wet and face clean. Thats confidence to see your man with hair not done or no make up on and still look amazing.

if the women is beautiful she can step out of the shower hair wet and no make up on and put on one of my dress shirts, thats sexy!!

Nevermind

G

My wife is dark skinned with black eyes, all she wears is red lipstick and it suits me. ESpecially when ALL she wears is lipstick. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If a girl isn't attractive without make up, to me, painting an attractive face on top of it doesn't change anything. Lots of make up just says "buys into the image thing", and acts as a warning beakon. No harm in plucking the eye brow into a pair, or removing facial hair, but no point in a respray on a write off either.

J

Jack Crevalle

American women have some obsession with that pastey creme stuff, what is it called?
They powder or dab it on and smear the crap all over their face then add more shit on top like colors and such. Goopy black mascara, and layers of lipstick, yuck.
What is that stuff? It is so fake looking, and most is not the right shade anyway...

Oh boy, to me it screams insecurity and torn up skin (cleansers stripping skin and blocked pores from that crap)

I think less is the way to go for sure. Only slight touches to enhance and that's it, and please, none of that crazy beige creme ergh

Thank God hairspray is out!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great responses everyone...I'm not surprised by the guys replies, most guys dont really like a girl to look too made up, looks very fake, I agree, less is better.

Jack, that pasty white stuff is called foundation hehee just the name pretty much says it all!

I agree mrs OH...my skin is way better with out all that goop! heheheh

GMT...your great my friend!! .."plucking an eye brow into a pair", thats hilarious!!

homerun..I bet your wife is beautiful!!! hehehe gotta keep it fun!, you go bud!! *wink* *wink*

Alex...you pretty much said it all...thanks for the info. :D

Oldfool...hahaha funny guy arnt ya?!?!? love it!!

Last edited:
G

Old Fool said:
Why yes...I wear make-up. I try to match my eye liner to match my shoes. uh..er..this isn't the cross dressing forum?? It's the herb forum?? er..uh..never mind! Seriously, I hate when women wear so much warpaint. I like simple. Let the natural beauty shine through. Make-up like a tart scares me. Keep it simple and don't forget the red lipstick....oh baby!
LOL,Ya Old Fool,I concure.Less is more when it comes to the paint. :wave:

J

Jack Crevalle

Too much perfume is a buzzkill too, some girls go way overboard. The worst is when the perfume reminds you of grandma, or your sister, I like the vanilla ones tho, those remind me of strippers for some reason LOL

miss nycdf

Ah, makeup.

I never wear foundation... at ALL. I just keep my skin clean, moisturized, try to do the SPF thing as much as possible to avoid lines and wrinkles, and I really have no reason to cover it! I have sensitive skin so anything that isn't all natural makes it irritated or clogs my pores anyway, and that's a no-no.

However.. I like to look polished and professional at work, so I'll wear some mascara and natural looking eyeshadow usually, and some sheer lipgloss or lip balm, but you usually can't tell I'm wearing makeup. I can't stand when women put on like 39 coats of mascara and wing-tip eyeliner and look like clowns.. what are they thinking?! Oh, and when you see a mask of orangy-colored base/foundation around their jawline. Its like uh.. do you have a mirror? lol

G

you cant beat the glow of natural skin ,,make ups a no ,perfumes even worse ,,nothing wrong with smelling of palmolive soap ,,

i have to agree on the hair part though ,,keep it neat or stay indoors !!! lol

btw i am perfect in every way

i totally agree with this less is more thing and with miss nycdf on your make-up choices mascara, eyeshadow, and lip gloss. some burt's bee love that shit

miss nycdf

^ yes, Burts Bees is a great line. I like the plain old minty lip balm, its nice.

And here is a really informative link for you ladies that like to keep your skin looking nice and glowy. (It's sort of a preoccupation of mine). The site is Dr Hauschka, an amazing all organic skin care line that I'd highly recommend.. but this is called "7 Facts that Will Change Your Skin" and it taught me quite a bit:

http://www.drhauschka.com/about/7-facts/

I use the Quince Day Cream, which rocks, btw... also their toner and Cleansing Cream are awesome.

Also, this is definitely a great source of info (wonderful skincare line too):
http://sukisnaturals.com/quality_toxic.php

You should always read the labels and be aware of what is in any product you put on your skin. The amount of chemicals women absorb into their bloodstream via lotions, cleansers, makeup, etc is really horrifying and while it may not have any adverse affects immediately, these chemicals are building up in your system and causing potential problems. There are even a lot more that this site doesn't list. Off the top of my head, I know that DMDM Hydantoin breaks down in your body as formaldehyde. It's pretty scary to think about, imo....

I'm not trying to plug either one of these products, I have no financial interest in doing so, I just like to pass along what I think is useful info to other ladies who like to keep their skin looking nice. However they can be a bit pricey, so if anyone else is interested I can recommend a less expensive brand that works great too.

Remember, there is no organization like the FDA has for food or medications which stringently regulates cosmetics/beauty products. There are a lot of ingredients that are still used in US products which have been banned by countries in Europe due to the potentially harmful chemicals/carcinogens... it really is quite frightening.

So, anyhow... hope my ramblings have at least made a few more people aware of what they put on their skin, hair/scalp, etc. :wave:

G

I don't really wear a lot of makeup if any. If I do I usually wear eye makeup and maybe put a little gloss on my lips. I have good coloring and skin so I really don't need anything.

I do like Proactive skin care to wash my face. I never have any acne with that stuff and my face is always soft and smooth looking. If I stop using it my face feels so dirty and I'll get light acne now and again.

I have been wondering about the bare essentials tho. It looks so easy to put on and it doesn't look like it will clog up your skin. Maybe i'll have to splurge and buy some to try it out :D

J

Jack Crevalle

However.. I like to look polished and professional at work, so I'll wear some mascara and natural looking eyeshadow usually, and some sheer lipgloss or lip balm....

That's Hot! hehehe ;)

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like to keep my woman "homely" looking.
barefoot and pregnant is key in my household.
we don't want her scaring the neighbors now.

but for real, i believe less is more.
my wife is her most pretty when we wake up in the morning.
too bad she won't go out like that.
what would we do with all that money we would save by not buying makeup anyway?

i don't like a girl that paints her face to the point she belongs in a 3 ring circus.
i call it "clowning out" or "facial graffiti".
and why do some girls think its sexy to leave the house smelling like a french whore?
so much perfume on, you think she fell in a puddle of it.

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
:2cents:
....sheercover.com

....for those with or without fabulous face complexions naturally..... :pimp3:
the best ever IMHO...

:wave:ms.g

Last edited:

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
:drum:However, the draw back is that you do have to order it and 'wait' ....
....so if I am ever in a pinch and that in between time, I am gonna get me some bare essentials....
if mrs.b says it's good then it's all good... :D