Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 05:29 AM #5631
Amauulu

Amauulu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coba View Post
yes, good book. at least, I thought so anyways...

plant sentience and our (people and plants) symbiotic relationships should be required reading for elementary children... well, at least the symbiotic part.

OrganicLearner here's a link to a thread about that kind of thinking
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=202912
here's another... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225489
.............................. .............................. ........
question.
when urinating on my plants, is my urine better in the morning? should I be saving that first piss o' the day? or, does my golden shower get better with the more coffee I drink? or after breakfast? or mid-day? I know my evening lizard drain is usually too polluted with pale ale... or is this a desirable quality in fertilizer piss?

if I were a caregiver, and my patients want full disclosure... should I tell them I use my own urine as a source of nutrients for their medicated inhale?

hey, did you know... aloe vera contains urea too? it has the most concentration of urea of any plant material... just an fyi fer ya
Thank you for this link to understanding our plants. I talk to my plants, caress them, play Mozart's etudes for them, pray over the water I give them to drink. My neighbors say my garden reminds them of Hawaii because it is so lush with happy, healthy looking plants. I tell them I love them. I ask how they are doing. I apologize to them when I prune them. After reading the link you cited, I will be sure to put down red carpeting in my greenhouse because the red color will encourage them to grow 50% faster and stronger. I will gently stroke the delicate stems of my seedlings to help them develop thicker stems. I have the book, THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. I did not know it had been made into a movie which is now available on Youtube. Thank you for this wonderful information.
Amauulu is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2018, 02:10 AM #5632
CannaRed

CannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakSamGyiShing View Post
Yeah, not much modification. Just don't forget the silica =]

The main consideration is if you have critters around. If you use anything that might smell delicious such as blood, bone, fish, crab, &c. make sure it's well decomposed before you put the mix out. I suspect growers who get problems with rats or squirrels chewing the stems, and all that jazz, might have something to do with the form of the nutrients they're using such as fish emulsion, &c. Besides, having the mix well broken down prevents any chance of the plant taking on any "off-flavors" =O
I thought it was funny that in the literature for Neptune's Harvest it says that their fish products help repel deer.
What's gonna keep everything else away that the fish attracts
CannaRed is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:07 AM #5633
CannaRed

CannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to behold
Thought my little plants were gone this morning!!
Turns out that they were still there, just buried in mulch. An animal came in and rooted around in my soil mix. They liked my Neptune's Harvest crab shell.
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2018, 09:08 AM #5634
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Good stuff BurnOne.

Still to this day I use this mix when not growing in pure coco. It's perfect. I like pure coco for inside and organics for outside.
Just mixed up some of the base mix #1 for some seedlings.

Everyone one of the food recipes stated works well. I personally like the blood, bone and kelp meal recipe for outdoors because it requires very little extra inputs after the initial preparation.

justiceman is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2018, 12:15 AM #5635
noknees

noknees will become famous soon enoughnoknees will become famous soon enough
@BurnOne

i'm putting together plans for my first legal indoor grow.

i'd like to try the organics, if indeed i can TRULY give only water until harvest.

plans are

2x4 tent with LED lighting

Northern Lights from seed

3 gallon Smart Pots, mix #2 and food formula #1, and if possible, blumat watering.

any thoughts? can i really pull this off on the first try?

thanks very much in advance

others plz feel free to chime in
noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2018, 12:02 PM #5636
justiceman

justiceman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to alljusticeman is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees View Post
@BurnOne

i'm putting together plans for my first legal indoor grow.

i'd like to try the organics, if indeed i can TRULY give only water until harvest.

plans are

2x4 tent with LED lighting

Northern Lights from seed

3 gallon Smart Pots, mix #2 and food formula #1, and if possible, blumat watering.

any thoughts? can i really pull this off on the first try?

thanks very much in advance

others plz feel free to chime in
You can definitely pull it off if you believe in yourself . Mix #2 with food formula #1 is very solid and simple. Don't forget to put the seedlings in just Mix #2. No extra food from recipe #1 yet. They won't need the full mix until at least 4-5 weeks of age.

If you like you can follow along on my current outdoor grow BLOOD AND BONES to see how things go. The beginning of the journal starts at germination and now I'm finally vegging out in the sun. I'm using food formula #1. I've always loved it. Tried and true. Just been giving them tap water nothing else.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:08 PM #5637
noknees

Quote:
Originally Posted by justiceman View Post
You can definitely pull it off if you believe in yourself . Mix #2 with food formula #1 is very solid and simple. Don't forget to put the seedlings in just Mix #2. No extra food from recipe #1 yet. They won't need the full mix until at least 4-5 weeks of age.

If you like you can follow along on my current outdoor grow BLOOD AND BONES to see how things go. The beginning of the journal starts at germination and now I'm finally vegging out in the sun. I'm using food formula #1. I've always loved it. Tried and true. Just been giving them tap water nothing else.
v cool. thx!

noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 05:06 AM #5638
noknees

it doesn't say explicitly in the first post....

are you guys still using molasses for chloramine? teaspoon per gallon?

the beer guys say vitamin c also works...? sounds like a tablespoon or so of OJ per gallon would cover it...?
noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 10:58 AM #5639
justiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees View Post
it doesn't say explicitly in the first post....

are you guys still using molasses for chloramine? teaspoon per gallon?

the beer guys say vitamin c also works...? sounds like a tablespoon or so of OJ per gallon would cover it...?
I'm not sure how molasses affects chlorine and chloramine. I have heard of Vitamin C working but I used to use potassium metabisulfite when I brewed beer and it worked well.

Not really sure if I would recommend doing that for growing though. Seems like more than I'd want to do but to each his own. If I were to recommend something I'd say look into getting a Canister RV carbon water filter with garden hose fittings, or any other type of carbon filter for water. At least that way you wouldn't have to add something to treat the water every time.

That being said I've been watering my plants outside straight from the hose with no issues and I know for a fact my water has chloramine it. The plants don't seem to mind though.

Old 07-14-2018, 02:19 PM #5640
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Too much worry over chlorimine. Use any organic matter,activated charcoal filters, spray it in the air, let it sit, run it through rusty pipes, or do nothing at all. There just isn't that much in your water. The water company hates spending money on anything but water. They use a minimal amount, just to get it to your meter.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.