Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2017, 06:54 AM #5521
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Gotcha- your cotyledons are coming off fairly normally so I don't think you're lacking in Ca. IIRC the dolomite wouldn't really begin to disperse/release into your mix until a lil bit later on anyway (anyone feel free to confirm/refute.) I'm not entirely certain from those pics but I spy a hint of burn on the very tips and a light N imbalance. I wouldn't worry about it. If you stick to the mix, it should even out sooner or later (they're just young and angsty )
bsgospel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:16 AM #5522
jonhova

jonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Gotcha- your cotyledons are coming off fairly normally so I don't think you're lacking in Ca. IIRC the dolomite wouldn't really begin to disperse/release into your mix until a lil bit later on anyway (anyone feel free to confirm/refute.) I'm not entirely certain from those pics but I spy a hint of burn on the very tips and a light N imbalance. I wouldn't worry about it. If you stick to the mix, it should even out sooner or later (they're just young and angsty )
Do you think holding off on the kelp/ fish emulsion is a good idea? i was using 2 cap fulls per gallon of water every watering until i noticed the yellowing.
jonhova is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2017, 05:52 PM #5523
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
What can I do to replace powdered garden lime? Can i crush some with a mortar?can I use crushed egg shell/epsom salt?
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM #5524
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
Is there anyone out there that can answer my question about lime?

I have made lc's soiless mix #1 I have everything except green sand and crushed lime for the first dry fert recipe but I have regular garden lime. I am about to use this instead since I cannot get crushed lime locally I can get green sand tho getting some this weekend

Old 04-10-2017, 11:30 PM #5525
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
It's powdered dolomite lime. You can find it. Call your local garden centers. I find it in Lowes and Home Depot all the time. Usually by itself on a shelf away from pelletized lime. You just have to ask and look for it.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:43 PM #5526
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOne View Post
It's powdered dolomite lime. You can find it. Call your local garden centers. I find it in Lowes and Home Depot all the time. Usually by itself on a shelf away from pelletized lime. You just have to ask and look for it.
Burn1
Ok well I just went to Home Depot and lowes yesterday and the only thing I found was fast acting garden lime Pennington I felt it it felt pelleted I read it it read pelleted do you mind finding it online for me if you think it's there? I know that's a lot to ask but if it's there it will be on their online inventory for both stores

I know I can probably just order it online I guess that's what I'll have to do since pelleted is not the right type?

Old 04-11-2017, 06:45 PM #5527
Complete Noob

You were right lowes has it

Last edited by Complete Noob; 04-11-2017 at 07:06 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 PM #5528
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
Ya, Burn1 is right. Dolomite lime is literally everywhere. BTW it is also easy to powder chunks in a blender.

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage
Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 AM #5529
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbeman View Post
Ya, Burn1 is right. Dolomite lime is literally everywhere. BTW it is also easy to powder chunks in a blender.
Ok also it says to water with liquid karma can I water with earth juice catalyst instead?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:10 AM #5530
rolnik1

rolnik1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis View Post
Grow journal started, pics added at 1 month from seed (see sig below).

True testament to the quality of the LC mix and recipe outlined in the OP.

Plants will be transplanted into 5 gal grow bags of the mix just prior to flower (currently in 1L)

Thanks again for all of the help along the way guys.
Plants look good but are rather small, i'm having similiar problem. I use this mix for few years now and had some nice success despite that. I had really nice plants before and i can't figure it out. Some pictures:

37days right after switch. Stricly to the rules coco+perlite+castings with meals. stretched a lot and possibly cut to early, gave around 50g of really quality(common theme) each in 2ft and 150hps.

First time i used the mix i had some problem but plants managed to grow thru it, were small but still gave about 50g each same setup. both are c99 from female seeds, good stuff but next time one hermied and polinated quite a bit.

Other times it's like that. 1 week old in 1st photo, ok temp low humidity. In second photo biggest have like 3 weeks medium 2 weeks and small 6 days, the are all in different mediums, little difference but maybe enough - smallest are in castings+coco+ lime and look to be the slowest. Last photo maybe 3 weeks... just stopped growing 2 weeks before. original leaves started yellowing after time and stems were purple(common theme), i transplanted them to see what happens because everything was ready(cabinet outside temps from 5-15c maybe, one month later it looked like that
nice and healthy but thin in the end.

What can it be? After maybe 3-4 days or even from the start seedlings grow very slow, colour is light and stems are often purple and stay thin for very long, temp and humidity seem good. I don't think i'm over watering them but never know... Last coco i bought was 1300ppm(finally i bought the meters to investigate a bit never checked that before, can it spoil the grow like that? Water is even 7.8 with high calcium. Once i swtched to bottled for test i think there was a difference(growth started) but again it could be weather change... it's wooden cabinet outside also fit and second time i haven't used bottled water i may have used jug filtered one sometimes. Chlorine? i let it sit at least 2 days i'd say. I could blame outside conditions but small veg room is under total controll, lights are 80-110w cold cfl 20cm from plants, maybe that is not enough? I started testing a lot recently(have some some of these hermie seeds which seem to be very vigorous comparing to freebies i had) and thought it would be wise to also ask since i can't figure it out for so long and maybe somebody else can't also.
rolnik1 is offline Quote