Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2006, 03:02 AM #31
i3inary

i3inary is on a distinguished road
few questions from me:

1. is necessary to use a humidity dome type cover since the stem is always going to have a supply of water? i have always cloned with gel and rockwool and i really gotta get away from that asap.

2. if the humidity dome is necessary i was thinking of setting up a timer and foliage misting system...is it worth it to do this so i would not need to check in for the whole first 5 days?

3. has anyone done an external pump?...i was thinking of setting it up like my dwc system and putting a couple holes in the res tub then sealing them and running the pump outside the res.

4. why the hell does ez clone use a 1300 gph pump??? is this a typo or what. especially if 350 is more than enough for 60+ sites? or am i missing something?
i3inary is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 04:41 AM #32
betterboy

betterboy will become famous soon enough
I dont know of anyone that uses a dome over their areo clonner, my self the internal pump warms the water and keept the temps pretty regular, after these little girls get a good root structure.
I just got my ez clonner , so its kinda new to me but I believe its a 550GPH pump, got it going right now so i cant check it out but if im wrong hopfully some one here will correct me
betterboy is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 AM #33
BudGood2006
Cannabis User

BudGood2006 will become famous soon enough
Sauce, I agree with i3inary, cheaper, less parts to break or screw up. I have something similar in mine, and they work great.

i3inary,

1-The humidity dome isn't necessary. I live in a very arid place, LOW humidity, I just cut em off and stick em in there. 7-10 days later, roots, and the clone looks just like it did when it was cut.

2- Not needed.

3- I considered it, but then again, the pump heats the water perfectly, to between 72-77 degrees F. The pump also supports the PVC manifold, so you would have to create some kind of mounting for the manifold. And, the in/out would just be another area to leak, IMO. All the more reason to go internal on the pump.

4- EZ Clone has been known to over do it just a tad, especially on the 60 site.

Bud's Bio-Buckets Revisited

Room Construction Thread
BudGood2006 is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 10:55 AM #34
Weed Farmer

Weed Farmer is on a distinguished road
King, thanks for posting these, great easy to follow instructions. I have been debating the purchase of an EZ cloner, but I think I will try this first. If this works, you will have have saved me $$$.
Weed Farmer is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 AM #35
KingRalph
mellow jello

KingRalph is a jewel in the roughKingRalph is a jewel in the roughKingRalph is a jewel in the roughKingRalph is a jewel in the roughKingRalph is a jewel in the roughKingRalph is a jewel in the rough
hehe i figured all the issues would come up with rooting methods themselves... glad to see everyone getting things right though, shows how steady these are!

Sauce, yes do not get the spinner kind... they only put out a small droplet stream that spins... the other kind is a constant spray... needed to get all the stems... spinners should only be used in tiny systems.

i3inary... BudGood said it all hehe... no humidity domes at all! they will wilt at first, but mine bounce back in just a couple hours and stay perky the rest of the time... i even have a rh of under 20% sometimes :O yes yes winter, time for a humidifier i know...

i personally used ro water and hydroguard... took the cuts, and as i wanted to be careful, let them sit in water then made another underwater cut then dipped the tip in gel then into the cloner... i have heard of folks just snippin an goin right into the cloner... i will try this on a few next time... would be so easy... snip..place..wait

Old 10-31-2006, 05:18 AM #36
bushisthedevil1
error 420 not available

bushisthedevil1 is on a distinguished road
thanks this is awsome
bushisthedevil1 is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 05:25 AM #37

Thanks King for sharing the step's for others to follow. I will say this and I'm sure King will agree. You'll save alot of money building one of these units and have the same results as a EzClone and even run cooler temp in the Rez. Here was my unit before the cops took it. Im going to build a new one and will post pictures. They don't take but maybe 30 mins to build. If you got the tools and all the part. If your good with tools. Very nice thread King and thanks for posting all the steps.
Take care all,
BG

Old 10-31-2006, 05:49 AM #38
Medical_Man_420

Medical_Man_420 is on a distinguished road
nice how to!

i just love tutorials, thanks man!
Medical_Man_420 is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 05:53 AM #39
HarryNugz
Registered MedUser

HarryNugz has a spectacular aura aboutHarryNugz has a spectacular aura aboutHarryNugz has a spectacular aura aboutHarryNugz has a spectacular aura about
Simple and efficient, gotta love it. Now i just need someone to help make it for me and i'll be set.
HarryNugz is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 06:01 AM #40

WOWZERZ!!!!

thats AWESOME.... (off to Home Depot)