Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Different grow styles discussion and opinions

Thread Title Search
Different grow styles discussion and opinions Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2019, 06:20 PM #1
izzypog

izzypog will become famous soon enoughizzypog will become famous soon enough
Different grow styles discussion and opinions

So, I have been growing for almost four years, I have developed my way of doing my grows. For the most part I am advocating less nutes, better grows, so far it works for me, how about you?
izzypog is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:41 AM #2
gardener60

gardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura about
Well the way that I look at it is growing should be your way. We can always use advice but trying to grow like someone else and using their recipes don't always work out. I feel there are too many variables to deal with. Once you find out what you niche is then you are on your way. I can grow the hell out of some vegetables but cannabis is kind of foreign to me. I am trying to find a way to go strictly organic and possibly save money on nutes. This is just my 2 cents.

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112662
gardener60 is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 05:18 AM #3
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Is anyone running any sea of green type grows these days? I don't see too many of them out there.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:20 AM #4
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
I never really grow the same way, every grow is different. I tend to change it up more than most, although I do have my own style about it. I am always blowing money on things I really shouldn't need to, but then again it is more of a hobby in my eyes. Actually I spend more time trying to figure out how to have small scale luxury grow equipment, by building it all DIY from parts I scrounge up.

It's fun to grow multiple style's (aero/hydro/soil-less/soil) sometimes all at once, and keeps my over active mind busy. I like the challenge and the new skills I learn all the time. And I design equipment/systems that no one has seen before. A lot of the stuff I come up with I could probably patent, so I try not to show it all off too much, because someone else will. Mostly I like to give new idea's to the community though.

Growing legally in my state is kinda important to me, so growing monster plants now while keeping to my limit (without registering) eases the mind. My ex likes to send welfare checks, even though the cops are tired of her BS, and always leave empty handed.. and probably will never show up again at this point lol. I swear they red flag/inform the DEA anyway and helicopters buzz over my place still, because she said I have some large operation that doesn't and won't ever exist.

I've gone from 100's of different bottles of nutes\supps, being mostly free\samples from my good buddy at the grow store, to simply using Jack's hydro because he moved away and I have to spend money now. 1 time purchase of the 25lb bags, both cal-nit and 5-12-26, should last me into the next decade

I also got into raising chickens this last year, and building custom fully automated mobile coops on wheels (that even have NFT hydro lettuce growing systems on the roof), so I been kinda busy with that too. Backyard chicken's are taking over the country like crazy. Same with Tiny Houses on wheels. So i'm designing coops crossed with greenhouses, where you can get your eggs/meat/and veggies all in one. Possibly even brew the chicken shit into tea to grow the lettuce with.

I been growing for awhile, but always something new to try.
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:10 AM #5
gardener60

gardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura aboutgardener60 has a spectacular aura about
I would like to see a sea of green type grow. If you run across any of those grows please let me know.

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112662
gardener60 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:59 PM #6
izzypog

Awesome , great ideas all, sea of green is a great concept and I may try that one day, justsumtomatoes and gardner60 thanks for that subject. Drop that sound and gardner60, very true, YOUR style of growing is just that, YOURS. If anything I was just throwing out ideas to get the topic rolling, sea of green or what nutes you use, all of it is what this topic is about. Lately I have been reading about do it yourself SIPS, or self irrigating pots. To me this sounds like a great idea that borders on hydro, well, maybe has some similarities. So far cloning techniques and propagation is my thing, I am about to start making my own feminized seeds, a lot of threads on this, I grow indoor and use LEDS, which I am going to build my own as well. I have not done any grow journals yet as I am new here, yet, I want to trade ideas, with no bias, ambitous I know. Still put your thoughts out there and help your brothers and sisters out, it is not a pagent or who is top dog, it is helping people out that share the same goal of legalizing and growing. Everyone please enjoy.
izzypog is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 01:21 AM #7
mexweed

mexweed has a spectacular aura aboutmexweed has a spectacular aura aboutmexweed has a spectacular aura aboutmexweed has a spectacular aura about
the first bud I ever grew was in ocean forest with botanicare sample pack pure blend pro grow, pro bloom, and liquid karma

I eventually tried all perlite hempy with botanicare original cns17 grow and bloom, out performed the previous soil runs in density and perceived potency, tried some fox farms nutes for the hempy when the original cns17 two part was discontinued and it ended up a mess

went back to soil with some local bottled fish stuff grow and bloom, with terpinator and zeus juice, but zeus juice has a terrible shelf life and I was using way more of the bloom than the grow

now I just mix some bio live into buffaloam soil, top dress and aerate worm castings and a couple buffaloam products, I spoil the plants with some microbes and advanced nutrients mother earth during heavy flowering, dirt md fulvic/humic supplement every two weeks starting in late veg
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 02:17 AM #8
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener60 View Post
Well the way that I look at it is growing should be your way. We can always use advice but trying to grow like someone else and using their recipes don't always work out. I feel there are too many variables to deal with. Once you find out what you niche is then you are on your way. I can grow the hell out of some vegetables but cannabis is kind of foreign to me. I am trying to find a way to go strictly organic and possibly save money on nutes. This is just my 2 cents.
I agree. One of the biggest determining factors is the location you have to grow in. I grow in a bedroom in my house so the options I have are different from someone who has a purpose built grow facility. As long as the plants get the right environment to grow in and nutrition there really is no right or wrong way.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:48 AM #9
izzypog

@insominiac_AU , this is a more comparing notes idea, hearing about how everyone does their grow, and how much variance from each grower. Sure there is a lot of factors on a grow, region and climate, indoor or outdoor. What I am asking is simple, how do you do it, what is your style of plant growing kung-fu?
izzypog is offline Quote

Old 01-20-2019, 02:51 AM #10
izzypog

@mexweed, still use soil and love using ffof, I will not use any other soil. I have heard from some of the older guys that fish emulsions is some powerful stuff you can use throughout the grow.
izzypog is offline Quote