Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why???

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2019, 03:14 PM #31
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobot View Post
From my own experience with this, once the damage is done those leaves won't recover, but no others should continue to deteriorate.

Just start at 1000 ppm CO2 next grow and you should see a definite improvement.
I realize the leaves won't recover. Would be nice to see some buds fill in a bit and some crystals form. I'll be patient with it though.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 04:45 PM #32
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of light
Totally amateur opinion here, but Dutch Master Zone at 1ml per gallon has been a lifesaver for me. I went about a year and a half looking at plants very similar to yours, asking myself the same questions, ready to throw in the towel. 20 crops er so later and the symptoms have yet to show themselves again. If you do have an infection of some kind, DMZ would likely nix it.

Pretty sure bleach, pool shock, or h202 would do just as well, but in my instance, dm zone was the fix.
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:27 PM #33
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
So about a little over a year ago I moved to a new place and I have been battling this Calcium issue every since moving here. Here's some info:

- Growing with Aeroponics in 5gal buckets(for almost 18 years now).
- First I was using Jack's Hydo and Cal/Nit but switched to AN 3 part(jungle juice) when the Jacks wasn't working out, since I'm more familiar with it.
- About 800ppm in flower of the M-G-B before any extra cal/mag added(but have gone as high as 1200ppm while trying to hammer things out).
- I am using r/o water(ppm 0)
- Water temps around 20-22c.
- Ph in the 6.5 - 5.5 range.
- Air temps 75-80f with lights on, 72-75f lights off.
- Co2 1500ppm lights on of course.
- 1000watt hps

I've tried adding all different kind of levels of extra cal/mag. At first none because AN says you don't need any with their products since they have enough in them.

Then I tried the recommended 150-200ppm of cal/mag. Then I tried 300ppm. Then I tried 400ppm, then 500 and then ridiculously crazy high amounts that I knew obviously wouldn't work but just to see what would happen, since shit wasn't working anyway.

Even on the super high amounts it never ever looked like excess issues, it always looked deficient all the time(lock out I assume?). And I'm talking super deficient too. Also no salt build up, clean rez's. No bugs. Even tried a different water source(city tap). I tried all these different levels for couple months at a time, just to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun too soon.

I'm literally at a loss right now. Running out of things to try. Just wasting my time, effort, money and resources. Any of you guru's out there have any idea what might be going on here? Been doing this along time, shit's just not suppose to be this fuckin hard lol.
Based on your experience, I would look elsewhere for the problem

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 10:52 PM #34
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
Other than a gas leak(had new gas lines installed) or something off-gassing I really don't know where else to look anymore. Hopefully it's the co2 like a few others have mentioned.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 12:01 AM #35
Rabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Totally amateur opinion here, but Dutch Master Zone at 1ml per gallon has been a lifesaver for me. I went about a year and a half looking at plants very similar to yours, asking myself the same questions, ready to throw in the towel. 20 crops er so later and the symptoms have yet to show themselves again. If you do have an infection of some kind, DMZ would likely nix it.

Pretty sure bleach, pool shock, or h202 would do just as well, but in my instance, dm zone was the fix.
I actually already have some H202, going to start adding that tonight.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 03:25 AM #36
Rabbi

Anyone else have any other ideas? It's not the co2. It's been over 2 weeks now and I've seen zero improvements .
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 02:47 PM #37
RockinRobot

RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Anyone else have any other ideas? It's not the co2. It's been over 2 weeks now and I've seen zero improvements .
Any updated pics?

Only other suggestion would be not let your PH drift quite so high. 6.1 max on hydro for me. I usually readjust down to 5.6 or 5.7 as soon as it hits 6.0, but I never let it get above 6.1. I think 6.5 in hydro is a bit high.

My money is still on the CO2 though.
RockinRobot is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:20 PM #38
beta

beta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud ofbeta has much to be proud of
Are you pulling any fresh air in now that the C02 is off?

I grow coco DTW and I get symptoms like the ones you're seeing when I don't water enough and allow the coco to dry out a little bit. Bumping up the watering frequency helps a lot, but I'm not sure how that applies to a recirculating system.
beta is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 04:34 PM #39
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of lightBobby Boucher is a glorious beacon of light
How much h202 are you adding, how often, and at what concentration?

If h202 or bleach would have nixed my infection, my ass was certainly too dunce too figure out how to keep adding sufficient quantities to my res often enough to make a difference.

If you can’t get your hands on zone, pool shock may be equally as aggressive. There’s a thread somewhere around here that shows safe dilution levels. I think zone might just be poolshock already diluted down to levels safe to use @1-2ml per gallon.

It does look like Co2 toxicity or some other type of off-gassing though. Hope you get it figured out.

Shalom.
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 04:48 PM #40
eric2028

eric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura abouteric2028 has a spectacular aura about
What’s your humidity like?
eric2028 is offline Quote