Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why???

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Can Not Shake This Calcium Deficiency/Lockout For The Life Of Me!! Why??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2019, 03:27 AM #11
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
Have you tried turning the plants off and then back on again? Sometimes you gotta reboot them plants
lol. good point. Maybe I need to re-install Windows on them .
Rabbi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:38 AM #12
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobot View Post
I also read an article on CO2 saying PPM of nutrients should match CO2. Based on that if you're running 1500ppm CO2 then you should raise feed accordingly.

But as stated above 1000ppm CO2 is plenty. Every time I have gone higher I ended up with deficiencies. Mostly potassium for me.
Ya, very interesting. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if that was the issue. Like I mentioned before I was literally running out of things to try(I thought).

I've been battling this for over a year. A real kick in the nuts too because I've been growing a long time so was a real humbling experience.

I was using the same meter in my old set up but we're talking the difference between shop space now, where's before was a small ass basement bedroom where the meter was located maybe 15' away from the generator.

Anyway I unplugged the generator in the shop tonight. If notice differences I'll adjust things accordingly.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 03:43 AM #13
Rabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-e View Post
We really need a photo. Even with things in front of you, it's still possible to get it wrong. As I'm sure you appreciate

PPM is very scientific, but almost non of us measure it. We have CF meters. PPM can be calculated from CF, but there are two ways of doing it, that give entirely different results. I have the famed CF Truncheon, and it actually gives two different PPM readings on the one meter. 900ppm could be cf11 or cf16 if I work backwards from your figure.
Ok I'll try to grab and post some photos tonight sometime. It's honesty rather embarrassing lol. Feeling like amateur hour over here.

Last edited by Rabbi; 01-04-2019 at 04:38 AM..
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 08:32 AM #14
Rabbi

Last edited by Rabbi; 01-04-2019 at 08:51 AM..
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 08:37 AM #15
Rabbi

Does it take a while to upload pictures or something? I entered all my links.

Edit: K nevermind, got it.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 09:11 AM #16
Rabbi

As you can see we're not talking a tad deficient here, it's major.

Even if all my nutrients levels and etc were off a bit their's no way shit would be this fuckin bad lol.

The buds are even worse in real life than they are on the picture(if you can believe that). Zero density at all and I mean none, straight hallow. Also super low crystal production, as you can see. This plant is 7 and a 1/2 weeks in flower.

This strain is HSO's Blue Dream. Normally super fat, crystal coated, dense buds. No where near the piece of shit you're seeing here.... how embarrassing lol.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 10:23 AM #17
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
They make uvc systems for wells and rainwater catchment that sterilizes your water with lights, you could plumb one to recirculate your res and keep it really clean.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultraviolet-P...dp/B01A2TZZMQ/
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 01:10 PM #18
RockinRobot

RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
That is exactly what mine do whenever I go above 1000ppm CO2. Next run use 1000ppm and you should see a difference.
RockinRobot is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 05:04 PM #19
James Howlett

James Howlett will become famous soon enoughJames Howlett will become famous soon enoughJames Howlett will become famous soon enough
A true Calcium deficiency shows as bleaching on new growth, as calcium is immobile.

What you have looks like nutrient lockout from some other issue.

Don't blame CO2 as the root issue. If anything its just making your plants work harder, adding to the lockout.

You must feed them a balanced solution consistently to fix the problem.

Maybe give some more specs on your system as aeroponics is finicky.

Also try to use EC instead of ppm since its universal.
James Howlett is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:54 PM #20
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post
A true Calcium deficiency shows as bleaching on new growth, as calcium is immobile.

What you have looks like nutrient lockout from some other issue.

Don't blame CO2 as the root issue. If anything its just making your plants work harder, adding to the lockout.

You must feed them a balanced solution consistently to fix the problem.

Maybe give some more specs on your system as aeroponics is finicky.

Also try to use EC instead of ppm since its universal.
Pretty much all of this. It is true that high ppm of CO2 needs to be matched with appropriate levels of nutes and lighting. That's just the science of the formula for photosynthesis. If there is a bottleneck, in at least one of those three factors, the photosynthesis will only be as successful as its limiting factor[s] will let it be.

That said, I agree that this is definitely not a calcium deficiency, because it is an immobile element, and you would be seeing a specific look in all of the new growth. What I see here does in fact look like lockout, which can result from several factors, most commonly pH problems. Have you confirmed that your pH meter is accurate? Have you calibrated it? Tested it against some liquid drops or something like that?

If your pH is fine, then if I were you I would consider the possibility that you have fusarium, or some other fungal infection as was previously mentioned. Hell, maybe there's even some strange environmental factor in your new location, like offgassing from some construction product or something random like that.

But yeah, that looks like lockout.

hush's hidey hole

hush is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.