Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Help me decide on what lose to use in 5x5 tent

Thread Title Search
Help me decide on what lose to use in 5x5 tent Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2019, 08:11 PM #1
Dabzilla710

Dabzilla710 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help me decide on what lose to use in 5x5 tent

New Grower!

I got a 1000 watt HID with a in-line fan Iím wondering what system would work best with the light i already have Iím leaning heavy toward flood and drain because thatís what Iíve been around and feel like is easier for me. I have a lot of bag seed Iíve accumulated over the past year. I also need to get another setup going Iím about to buy 2 5x5 tents and need to know what lights work best for that space (one for veg/mom one for flower)Iím thinking of going with hps but want to know what would be best for quality and good yields. Any help is appreciated. Sorry if Iím unclear on some of the things Iíve said like I said Iím a first time grower. Thank you in advance! Iím ready to answer questions and learn some more!
Dabzilla710 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:19 PM #2
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura about
Yes, run what you have. 1000 watt hps automated flood and drain. in coco coir or maybe or rockwool blocks. sea of green.
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

Old 01-01-2019, 08:21 PM #3
MagusMan

flood and drain sounds excellent.all the best with your setup and grow

Old 01-01-2019, 08:35 PM #4
Dabzilla710

Thank you for the responses! What kind of light should I get for veg/mom tent?

Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 PM #5
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura about
I like t8 4ft. fluorescent for the price. But I have 2 viparspectra 450 switchable spectrum and use them from start to finish in a 2ft X 4ft area.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:57 PM #6
MagusMan

i would go for the 1000watt if you can keep the temps right in your grow.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:00 PM #7
Ace Rothstein

Don't wait, pop those bag seeds. I'ts winter and its easy to cool that 1000 watt area.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:27 PM #8
Dabzilla710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Don't wait, pop those bag seeds. I'ts winter and its easy to cool that 1000 watt area.
Have you used HID or HPS before LEDs? Which worked best for you? I’ll pop those seeds with my 1k HID thank you!

Old 01-01-2019, 10:00 PM #9
Ace Rothstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabzilla710 View Post
Have you used HID or HPS before LEDs? Which worked best for you? Iíll pop those seeds with my 1k HID thank you!
I have used a 250 MH before but even that is overkill for seedlings and young plants. I pay the light bill so I try to economize where possible I wouldn't run a 1000 watt for 18 or 20 hours a day when I could ruu 2 or 4 t8's at 64 to 128 watts. or led's at 200 watts.
Your bill your choice.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:47 AM #10
Ace Rothstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabzilla710 View Post
Have you used HID or HPS before LEDs? Which worked best for you? I’ll pop those seeds with my 1k HID thank you!
Sorry I thought I read HPS. I don't think HID has the correct spectrum for photosynthesis, are you talking Quartz, HPS or MH?. Google that and find out. Quartz is the one that dosen't grow plants
I have used High Pressure Sodium 250watt, 600watt, Metal Halide 250watt, Fluorescent t8's,and LED.
LED is by far the winner for my size area.