What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Biggest Balls Thread Hydroton Expanded Clay Pebbles

LostTribe

Premium user
Dr,
I switched from hydroton to growstones because of the silica the Growstones leach...
JD

I like big balls!
:laughing:
hydration balls that is.

Also considering going to the hydro growstones do they get messy as in constantly messing up rez and tubing with the funky stuff?

Can you reuse them?

Are you watering the same as I know they hold more water?

Ph hold or drifting?

I thought I read they hold a bit more air also....
LT

Dr Watt

Who What
Four

Four

hydration balls that is.

Also considering going to the hydro growstones do they get messy as in constantly messing up rez and tubing with the funky stuff?

Can you reuse them?

Are you watering the same as I know they hold more water?

Ph hold or drifting?

I thought I read they hold a bit more air also....
LT

Yeh, these were all questions I had, amorphously, ie couldn't be bothered with NEW :elf: Reasonings, the initial suggestion was made by DrDee, with ZERO answers, WELL I'M WAITING FOR THE ANSWERS. BTW I pasted Growstones.com - I gave something informative - not just a question - go home DrDee (said subyouth voice) "yeh, go home DrDee" (younger sister - 5).

Well, well, well, welly well well. 2 Kings >> 3 KINGS WOW ! but due to cutbacks ....... wait for it....... 1 . just like me.

Ok, back to the topic, yeh, bunch of good questions Lost Tribe. If no-one else does I'll answer this within 700 days.

Who What

Dr Watt

Who What
Dr Watt Delivers

Dr Watt Delivers

"Growstones aggregates are engineered to provide an effective ratio between aeration and moisture to any hydroponic system"

This is their first claim. "Any hydro system" is key - that means it'll work (ie not just hand water, with pumps and pipes).

"Growstones hold 3 times more water" - that's a difference

"Growstones hold 12% more air than Hydroton" - hold more of everthing !!!!

"•Silica release in a form plants can uptake" - that sounds alright !

"•Reusability and lightweight" - it's getting even better !!

"sustainable and earth-friendly option" - feeling better is ok with me

"Made in USA" - when do I get my first 50kg ?

It is available here, locally, and only cost $1 a litre , um, same price as Balls. Cheers.

Stop the presses > I forgot... um ..... what if my balls never wear out ???????????????????????

:tree:

Dr Watt

Who What
Two Balls

Two Balls

It looks like this thread will get 1000 views soon. I do expect some people will have an eye out for any exceptional balls .....

but for now, it is Dr Watt, formerly johnstreet, who has the biggest ball.

Ok. Look at my balls here ! One is only 1mm smaller than the other - LOOK !! It appears to be much smaller.

I can do volume analysis later perhaps. For now, you have looked at my biggest two balls - I IMPLORE YOU TO LOOK AT YOUR OWN BALLS and maybe my Titles of :

Prince of Pebble
Commissioner of Clay
Ball Master
Hydroton Lord

will be bestowed upon you (riches)

:tree:

LostTribe

Premium user
I accidentally step on my ballz all the time it hurts like a mug!

just started some fresh balls and man they are messy. This bag of balls has 2 cups of brown powder in the bottom of the sack. WTF?? The 50L bag of Huge balls white label with red font is the stuff to grab if you are grabbing a sack of balls that is. ok enough.

I am seriously considering a couple sacks of the growstones. Cleanliness sounds like a blessing I have been waiting for for over a decade.

LT

Dr Watt

Who What
Can You Find a Ball as Big

Can You Find a Ball as Big

picture.php

Dr Watt
Prince of Pebble
Commissioner of Clay
Ball Master
Hydroton Lord