Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Dry sift Kief into hash?

Thread Title Search
Dry sift Kief into hash? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2018, 10:31 PM #1
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
Dry sift Kief into hash?

Hey all, i was wondering if its possible to turn kief into hash?
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 10:53 PM #2
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
Yes. Youtube shows the process of making Kief using dry ice. The finished Kief is loaded into a little cylinder shaped machine and the lid is screwed on tight. More Kief is added and squeezed again. Eventually the Kief is turned into a pellet of hash. It is not quite the same as Temple Ball hash, but it is hash. Youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC978qDrHRM is the link I saw.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 11:00 PM #3
hazyfontazy

hazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud ofhazyfontazy has much to be proud of
put some amounts in cigarette wrapper ,,stick in ya shoe ,, go for walk ..heat melts the trichs and forms hash
hazyfontazy is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 11:00 PM #4
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
You could take 10%(or so) of your trim and do an alcohol extraction with that gooey tar you can mix the keif in with it and have traditional hash balls or bricks.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

Old 12-11-2018, 11:39 PM #5
purplepassion

purplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nicepurplepassion is just really nice
Yeah use a rosin press and 90iu filter bags drysift rosin is the tops around these parts!!

Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 AM #6
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
For sure you can tranform kief into hash.
The traditional method has always been to first dry sift and then PRESS it into hash.

Lots of youtube videos about it.

Here is a link with some info. At the end it has a part how to turn kief into hash.
https://www.cannabis.info/en/blog/ho...home-5-methods

Get yourself also a copy of the book 'Hashish!' by Robert Connell Clarke. Excellent book.

Cvh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:17 AM #7
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant future
Dry ice gives me a green product that's harder to press. With my blue moonshine, I use a 160 micron bag and shake the well frozen material for less than a minute.

The resulting kief is white and presses itself into a creamy hash I roll into a ball. You can add heat and pressure to it if you like to make it into hash patties.
Wendull C. is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:26 AM #8
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Make a temple ball... press into pashment paper, then with a glass bottle, place some boiling water inside the bottle and with some gloves to protect your hands from burning roll the bottle over the dry sift inside the parchment paper till it melts, do this for 10 min, then press into a little ball again, and repeat the process 3 or 4 times,, after that roll into a nice little ball, the final product should be a nice even shinny ball without seams...
Buddah Watcha is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:41 AM #9
Noonin NorCal

Noonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of lightNoonin NorCal is a glorious beacon of light
sorry, i should have mentioned. I don't have a rossin/heat press.
just wondering of other experiments/extractions?
The kief is already sand/made

Maybe some boiling water and have the kief elevated from that to where its plyable??
Noonin NorCal is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 AM #10
KGB47
"It's just a flesh wound"

KGB47 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah Watcha View Post
Make a temple ball... press into pashment paper, then with a glass bottle, place some boiling water inside the bottle and with some gloves to protect your hands from burning roll the bottle over the dry sift inside the parchment paper till it melts, do this for 10 min, then press into a little ball again, and repeat the process 3 or 4 times,, after that roll into a nice little ball, the final product should be a nice even shinny ball without seams...
The Frenchy method, I used it last night and it works just fine. I made a slight mistake and ran my trim through my 73 micron bag instead of my 25m, more product but less oils. I'll know better next time.

1 members found this post helpful.