What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weak plants from clones

gotnoname

Hello,

I am an experienced grower but I am having issues with an unknown strain I received and I would like to know if anyone as seen something similar in the past or might have an idea what cause this problem.

In my case , they seem to grow normal in veg but the leaves/ fan leaves are very small, the bottom stem is around 3/4 inch. Side arms are not thick .

Once I flowered bud sites are very small and soft, and the pistills don't seem to expand. Main stem( top Colas) grow very thin

gotnoname

First picture is from a top cola... very deceiving as you can see
Big leaf a the bottom is average sized for a purple kush (bubba-like) plant. Top leaves are the biggest from the unknown strain..

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_2326019.jpg
    IMG_20181205_2326019.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20181205_2324161.jpg
    IMG_20181205_2324161.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 22

gotnoname

I know buds matter more than leaves but I am using leaf size as a way to measure how vigorous a plant I'd...

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hello,

I am an experienced grower but I am having issues with an unknown strain I received and I would like to know if anyone as seen something similar in the past or might have an idea what cause this problem.

In my case , they seem to grow normal in veg but the leaves/ fan leaves are very small, the bottom stem is around 3/4 inch. Side arms are not thick .

Once I flowered bud sites are very small and soft, and the pistills don't seem to expand. Main stem( top Colas) grow very thin
They need a little more potassium. Potassium is used in the plant to build stems, so when the plant is growing a bigger stem, is branching, or when the buds are in the stage where they are stacking, you need more potassium.

gotnoname

Week 1 to 5 10-30-20 @ 1000ppm
Week 6 to 7 1/2 4-31-37 @ 1000ppm
Week 8-9 flush

I am asking if people had very weak strains in the past, because I have a lot of teenagers from that strain and debating if I should kill them all, since it doesn't seem to be worth growing and wasting my time...

MedicalMonkey

I've seen that happen when taking clones during flowering if I don't let the first revegged clone mature enough and then clone from it when it's still putting out 3 bladed leaves. Seems like it carries over to any clones taken and I haven't experimented enough to see if it can revert back to normal growth somehow. The original plant would have normal sized leaves and stems, but once revegging and cloning from that reveg they end up having many smaller leaves and weak stems.

G

This may be what OP was asking about. I had a PCK girl a few weeks ago that I really liked for the deep purple buds she was putting out and took a cut well into flower. Took forever to revert back to veg and still is showing pistils after 2 months. Always works better when cuts are taken during veg, but will still work in flower if you have patience.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts