You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > WWxBB Auto Testers

Thread Title Search
WWxBB Auto Testers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2018, 11:17 PM #11
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedBandit View Post
Few questions if you have time and patience to answer. Why flip rapid rooter over and make new hole? Better balance? Original hole too big?
What does the clover cover crop do for you?
And what does the mulch accomplish? I know these are noon questions, but I've never seen this strategy indoors before. Thanks!
I'm happy to answer any questions in this thread. I flip the rapid rooters for balance and there is no hole on the bottom.

The clover cover crop does several things for me. First it helps with water retention, second the roots aerate the soil, and third they pull nitrogen out of the atmoshere.

The mulch provides water retention and a source of carbon so when I chop leaves or clover, they begin to compost in place.
ReikoX is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2018, 11:19 PM #12
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
For anyone interested, here is my soil mix and watering schedule. It's all based off Coots and Buildasoil.

The base soil mix is compose of:

1/3 Sphagnum Peat Moss
1/3 Compost or Vermicompost
1/3 Aeration

For each cubic foot (7.5 US gallons) of soil add:

1/2 Cup Kelp Meal
1/2 Cup Neem Meal
1/2 Cup Crustacean Meal
1 Cup Malted Barley Powder
4 Cups Mineral Mix
6 Cups Biochar

Once mixed and added to the container, sow a clover cover crop and add a straw mulch layer.

At the beginning of each cycle and right before flowering top dress with 1/4" of vermicompost.

Watering Schedule:
Watering is done every two-three days. Every other watering is one of the following teas:

Sul-po-mag - Once a month
1 Gallon Water
1 Teaspoon Sul-po-mag
Add an airstone with the water and sul-po-mag and let set for a couple of days until soluble.

Neem/Kelp tea - Once a month
5 gallons Water
1 cup Neem Meal
1/2 cup Kelp Meal
1/4 teaspoon Aloe Powder
5 ml Silica
Place neem and kelp in a tea bag (I use a bag my worms came in) and steep overnight. Add aloe and silica before drenching the soil.

Malted Barley Tea - Once a week
1 gallon Water
1 oz. (28 grams) Malted Barley Powder
15 ml Fulvic Acid
1/4 teaspoon Aloe Powder
5 ml Silica
Grind malted barley powder in an old coffee grinder and place in a tea bag. Steep for no longer than four hours. Add fulvic acid, aloe, and silica before drenching the soil.

Coconut Water Tea - Once a week
1 gallon Water
1 teaspoon Coconut Water Powder
15 ml Fulvic Acid
1/4 teaspoon Aloe Powder
5 ml Silica
Mix all ingredients and drench soil.

Foliar Spray (IPM) - Once a week
1 gallon Water
15 ml Neem Oil
1/4 teaspoon Aloe Powder
10 ml Silica
In a small shot glass add silica to the neem oil and stir until completely homogenous. Add to warm (at least 75F) and mix thoroughly. Add aloe and spray immediately before lights out.

List of amendments and their benefits -

Aloe Powder - Adds saponins, rooting hormones, and salicylic acids.

Aeration - Can be perlite, pumice, lava rock, rice hulls, etc. I use a mix of 60% lava rock and 40% rice hulls. Adds oxygen to the root system, gives surface area for microbes to live on, and prevents compaction.

Biochar - Adds a lot of surface area for microbes and I creases CEC.

Clover Cover Crop - Adds nitrogen fixation, reduces erosion, and loosens the soil.

Coconut Water Powder - Adds enzymes, auxins, and micronutrients,

Compost - Adds microbiology, water retention, humic acids, and pest and pathogen prevention.

Crustacean Meal - Can be shrimp, crab, krill, etc. Adds macro nutrients, calcium carbonate, and chitan.

Fulvic Acid - Fulvic acid (Ful-power) enhances nutrient uptake, cell division and elongation, and enzyme activity.

Kelp - Adds macro and micro nutrients, chelating substances, and plant growth hormones.

Malted Barley Powder - Adds enzymes such as phosphatase, chitinase, urease, and amylase.

Mineral Mix - Equal parts of oyster shell flour, gypsum, basalt rock dust, and glacial rock dust. The gypsum provides calcium and sulphur. The oyster shell flower provides calcium carbonate and helps balance pH. And the glacial and basalt provide an array of micro nutrients and minerals.

Neem - Adds macro nutrients as well as pest suppression.

Silica - Adds pest and disease control, strengthens stems, and can be used as an emulsifier (i.e. use with neem oil). Pro-TeKt and agsil 16h are good brands.

Sphagnum Peat Moss - Adds microbiology, water retention, and high CEC.

Straw Mulch - Adds water retention, reduces erosion, home for soil life, and adds carbon for decomposition.

Sul-po-mag - A mined mineral that adds sulfur, potassium, and magnesium

Vermicompost - brings everything in compost with even more beneficial microbes as well as calcium carbonate.
ReikoX is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 PM #13
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

These autos are at about three weeks from seed now. All except for the runt are doing well. Two have already started to show preflowers. I turned on the flowering lights to about 25% intensity.

WWxBB 1

WWxBB 2

WWxBB 3

WWxBB 4
ReikoX is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:18 AM #14
Dr.Young

Dr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud ofDr.Young has much to be proud of
Loving the style so far man... Should be awesome.. I just started some WW x BB myself... THinking about throwing all 4 into 1 7g growbag, and doing organic topdress.
Dr.Young is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM #15
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

Hope everyone had a good holiday. Things have kind of been on auto pilot this last week.

Here we have the BBxWW, four weeks since they were dunked in water. I bumped up the flower lighting to 75% intensity now. In one more week I will have them at full power. They just got a coconut water, fulvic, aloe, silica tea today.

WWxBB 1, this is what I had hoped all four would look like now, tall and barely starting to flower.

WWxBB 2, this one is the runt, even the cover crop seems to be doing bad.

WWxBB 3, small but flowering...

WWxBB 4, again small, but flowering. Also the lower leaves are yellowing.

Last round, the biggest plant was also the one with the WWxBB in it. It has been suggested that, perhaps, I'm getting compaction and that is why the plants have stayed so small. I'll add more aeration next recycling of this soil.
ReikoX is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:27 PM #16
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hello ReikoX,

hope all is good
Looking good my friend and thank you for the diary update and added pictures, very much appreciated. I am enjoying a lot the first Auto WWxBB, and no worries about the others, pretty sure they will follow the others as they are just a bit slower, which is not surprising.
I am bit concerned about that runt auto WWxBB as I can't understand what the problem is. And the fact that the cover crop is following her it's interesting, might need some specific nuts maybe?

Out of curiosity How many hours of light are you giving to this ladies?

Wish you all the best with this new Year and Thanks once more for the updates!

Cheers,
Mr B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikoX View Post
Hope everyone had a good holiday. Things have kind of been on auto pilot this last week.

Here we have the BBxWW, four weeks since they were dunked in water. I bumped up the flower lighting to 75% intensity now. In one more week I will have them at full power. They just got a coconut water, fulvic, aloe, silica tea today.
View Image

WWxBB 1, this is what I had hoped all four would look like now, tall and barely starting to flower.
View Image

WWxBB 2, this one is the runt, even the cover crop seems to be doing bad.
View Image

WWxBB 3, small but flowering...

View Image

WWxBB 4, again small, but flowering. Also the lower leaves are yellowing.
View Image

Last round, the biggest plant was also the one with the WWxBB in it. It has been suggested that, perhaps, I'm getting compaction and that is why the plants have stayed so small. I'll add more aeration next recycling of this soil.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:25 PM #17
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

I finally figured out what I did wrong, I accidentally planted on top of the old root ball instead of moving it to the side like I did with the first one. This, likely, caused the tap root to struggle and not break through.

The lights are running 20 hours on, 4 hours off. When I increased the intensity, they suffered, so I lowered it back to where it was. I haven't been giving them as much attention as I should. This one still looks good though.
ReikoX is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:21 PM #18
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

WWxBB at five weeks.

WWxBB 1 - This one is what I expected all the others to look like.

WWxBB 2 - The little runt is just amusing...

WWxBB 3

WWxBB 4
ReikoX is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:25 PM #19
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

WWxBB at six weeks. I have had the flu the last week, so all my plants have been neglected. I started to get some smells, but cannot place yet because of the flu.

WWxBB 1

WWxBB 2

WWxBB 3

WWxBB 4 - This one I noticed the strongest odor.
ReikoX is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2019, 06:29 PM #20
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

WWxBB at seven weeks now. These are not very big, but getting some girth to them. The smell is also maturing. It reminds me of SSH, slight fruitiness with a savory component to them.

WWxBB 1, if all four were like this one, I would be very pleased.

WWxBB 2, if all four were like this, it would have been a complete fail!

WWxBB 3, this one is getting darker as it ripens up

WWxBB 4, despite her small stature, she is pretty chunky
ReikoX is offline Quote