Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Anyone here familiar with Santa Barbara, California?

Thread Title Search
Anyone here familiar with Santa Barbara, California? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2018, 12:08 AM #31
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
My understanding is that some places insist on a valid CA ID.
Others seem fine with any valid ID showing an age of 21.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:48 AM #32
soil margin

soil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
My understanding is that some places insist on a valid CA ID.
Others seem fine with any valid ID showing an age of 21.
Yeah the law only requires a federally valid 21+ ID but I think the rules allows dispensaries to mandate different requirements and I've heard there are a handful of shops that will only let you in with a California drivers license, but those are the kind of shops run by douchebags anyways. Wouldn't wanna give them my business.
soil margin is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:17 AM #33
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
As far as I know, there are only 2 places in the US that have nice, moderate weather all year. Hawaii and So Cal.

I'm all about the weather.

However, we are open to living outside of California (if I can have that moderate weather all year).

Old 12-17-2018, 05:22 AM #34
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
As far as I know, there are only 2 places in the US that have nice, moderate weather all year. Hawaii and So Cal.

I'm all about the weather.

However, we are open to living outside of California (if I can have that moderate weather all year).
no plans on imminent move
but i keep an eye where the nice weather is
i guess peurto rico is considered part of the usa
maybe too tropical, but there are elevations where you might get some sweet temps

Old 12-17-2018, 03:31 PM #35
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I considered the Caribbean. Still thinking about it.

Another question about Santa Barbara......

How are the medical facilities? I have a knee replacement in my future and with 16 surgeries in my past, I'm certain my future will involve at least a few more.

Here in Ohio, we have Cleveland Clinic and Crystal Clinic and a ton of other 'world renowned' surgical facilities.

What's the scoop on medical facilities in the Central Coast?

Thanks

Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 PM #36
BakedBandit

BakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really nice
Thankfully I cant answer this one. You are only 90 min drive (no traffic, probably never a reality. Maybe like 3 am or something)
from la tho, so you have plenty of options in sure if sb doesn't have what you need. My guess would be, plenty of rich older people in the sb area, I bet they got whatever you need.
BakedBandit is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2018, 11:27 PM #37
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
I considered the Caribbean. Still thinking about it.

Another question about Santa Barbara......

How are the medical facilities? I have a knee replacement in my future and with 16 surgeries in my past, I'm certain my future will involve at least a few more.

One of the guys at they gym (in Oregon) moved here from California because he couldn't afford the liver surgery he needed.

By having zero income in Oregon, he qualified for Oregon state medical care. So he moved to Oregon to have the liver surgery, and it helped that his parents live here.

Medical care in the US in general is so dicey that I wouldn't plan on finding anything good. There might be some kind of residence time requirement.

On the other hand, good healers are where you find them.

You might have a decent chance of finding a good professor-med student combination at UCSB med school.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2018, 11:38 PM #38
sutra

sutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of light
SB is a nice town quiet, sunny and if you enjoy outside activity you can’t beat it. No retail sales of cannabis insb only medicinal. Neighboring Ventura county has rec sales. I recommend sespe creek collective in Ojai. Nice drive from Sb on 150 esp. if you have a motorcycle. If you wind up in Sb dm me or pm me we’ll grab a drink and a smoke.......

Old 12-17-2018, 11:44 PM #39
sutra

sutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of lightsutra is a glorious beacon of light
Forgot to add, state of the art medical facilities. Cottage hospital can more than handle whatever your health needs are as long as you have solid insurance.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:19 AM #40
Chunkypigs
Hard Mode

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutra View Post
SB is a nice town quiet, sunny and if you enjoy outside activity you can’t beat it. No retail sales of cannabis insb only medicinal. Neighboring Ventura county has rec sales. I recommend sespe creek collective in Ojai. Nice drive from Sb on 150 esp. if you have a motorcycle. If you wind up in Sb dm me or pm me we’ll grab a drink and a smoke.......
Yeah, there's no canna scene in SB, it's a conservative place that I can't image wanting to live in unless you hang glide.

If you want good weather AND good weed and company look elsewhere IMO.
Chunkypigs is offline Quote