Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Anyone here familiar with Santa Barbara, California?

Thread Title Search
Anyone here familiar with Santa Barbara, California? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2018, 08:20 PM #21
Cadfael

Cadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really niceCadfael is just really nice
You need to check out apartments in Isla Vista.

It is like 5 miles down from Santa Barbara, has apartments on the beach, much lower rents, and it is where the UCSB students stay and live.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:23 PM #22
who dat is
Cave Dweller

who dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond reputewho dat is has a reputation beyond repute
who dat is has completed 16 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I would say aim for the central coast or san diego. Don't land in or around LA, fuck that place. It's probably cool if you want to visit for a week but then get out. I lived in Orange County for 8 months and I was already ready to move out after 4. 6 months and I was really starting to freak out. The cost of living is laughable, especially for not being able to live anywhere cool. My girlfriend and I are both very much outdoorsy people and we love to get out and run around in the woods/wilderness. Traffic is always so bad that you can't even get out of the area in a reasonable amount of time and then come Sunday you have to fight your way back in. Complete and utter concrete jungle clusterfuck.

Santa Cruz is really cool and the whole central coast is amazing. We never got farther north than the Sequoia national park unfortunately. Anyways, I hope it all works out for you just know what you're getting into.

Instagram @whodatisco
Who grows Glue better than you. (current)
who dat is is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 08:24 PM #23
BakedBandit

BakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really nice
Lived in sb for 8 years. Awesome. Small. Little quiet. Awesome.
Have been in sf for 11 now. Much bigger. Lots more to do. Also awesome.
Pm me for more Info. I also play drums, well mostly used to.
The reason it's cheaper between sb and la is because it's a waste land. There's basically nothing there for most of it. Maybe that's what you want, who knows.
BakedBandit is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 08:31 PM #24
BakedBandit

BakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really niceBakedBandit is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
You need to check out apartments in Isla Vista.

It is like 5 miles down from Santa Barbara, has apartments on the beach, much lower rents, and it is where the UCSB students stay and live.
So this isnt accurate at all imo. First it's north of sb proper, probably More like 10 miles. Second, rent in iv is crazy expensive. 3 and 4 people often share rooms to "afford" it. Also your wife will almost definitely hate the noise that is pervasisve through the whole town. It is right in the beach, so that's cool, but unless you're a single creeper (at op's age) it's not really where you wanna be I wouldn't think. Not saying iv isn't awesome, it is, but it isn't really cheaper than downtown, and there basically no chance to have your own place aside from a studio or 1 bedroom apartment.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:01 PM #25
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Another question about California, in general.....

When I arrive, will I be able to buy pot right away? Or, do I need to establish residency first?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:31 PM #26
soil margin

soil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to allsoil margin is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Another question about California, in general.....

When I arrive, will I be able to buy pot right away? Or, do I need to establish residency first?

As long as you have some kind of federally recognized ID that establishes you're 21+ then you're good to go. I suggest to go to craigslist though, the dispensaries are all basically all a rip, only go there if I've got no other option.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2018, 09:32 PM #27
BakedBandit

Any adult will valid id can go into any rec store I believe. I've only been to like 1 since that became a thing, but that's what they told me. Friends from Texas were allowed in

Old 12-16-2018, 09:43 PM #28
BakedBandit

Agreed. Store weed seems expensive and unimpressive from what I've seen.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:15 PM #29
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I will grow my own once I get settled but when I first arrive, I'll probably need to stock up. LOL

Thanks again.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:42 PM #30
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura aboutAce Rothstein has a spectacular aura about
Check out Sperlings Best Places .net.
Compare places that interest you.
You mentioned age 65. I am 60 and many people who I know, who are not anchored by family obligations are moving the fuck out of this state. We have the wealthy on the coast and the poor inland with a thin line of middle class growing smaller all the time.
There really is more than California.
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote