Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > What PH meter would you recommend?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
What PH meter would you recommend? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2018, 05:07 AM #31
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant future
I carry the fucker everywhere in an old Steiner binocular case if that tells you how much it is used.

It has never dried though...
Wendull C. is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:29 AM #32
brickweeder

brickweeder is a jewel in the roughbrickweeder is a jewel in the roughbrickweeder is a jewel in the roughbrickweeder is a jewel in the roughbrickweeder is a jewel in the roughbrickweeder is a jewel in the roughbrickweeder is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendull C. View Post
Hey man, I had recommend the blue lab combo meter. I was having trouble with probes going bad after 6 to 9 months. Until I complained to the tech and he told me to store my probe in the storage solution they sell. No 4.0 or tap water.

Since then my probe is going on 2 plus years and no cal. Problems. After I write this it will probably read 1.0 and burst into flames, but it has worked flawlessly for almost 3 years with a 5 dollar storage solution.
Thanks for the info on using No. 4 or tap for storing the probe. I am using their KCl storage solution, and the electrolyte in the probe is getting lower way too quick. Will switch up to No. 4 and see how that works.

Also, for those in the market for a blue lab, I do not like the combo meter because the cords for the two probes tangle easily, and with a glass pH probe, drops can happen. Someone earlier said to use separate pH and EC meters, and I would go this route if I had to do it again.
brickweeder is online now Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 05:34 AM #33
SnowShow

SnowShow has a spectacular aura aboutSnowShow has a spectacular aura aboutSnowShow has a spectacular aura aboutSnowShow has a spectacular aura about
Going on four years with my Blue Lab combo meter, only replaced probe once. Blue lab pen for 6 years and still accurate.
SnowShow is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:47 AM #34
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickweeder View Post
Thanks for the info on using No. 4 or tap for storing the probe. I am using their KCl storage solution, and the electrolyte in the probe is getting lower way too quick. Will switch up to No. 4 and see how that works.

Also, for those in the market for a blue lab, I do not like the combo meter because the cords for the two probes tangle easily, and with a glass pH probe, drops can happen. Someone earlier said to use separate pH and EC meters, and I would go this route if I had to do it again.
Quite certain he meant the opposite about the 4.0 and tap. Neither is a good idea.
Mikell is online now Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 03:39 PM #35
Thegermling

Thegermling will become famous soon enoughThegermling will become famous soon enough
Have had my bluelab ph pen for two years straight with precise readings. The bluelab ec pens are another story. I had one of them for a year and it crapped out on me. Bought another one and that one broke in 8 months. I know this thread is for PH pens but can someone recommend a good EC meter?
Also, Ive heard to order bluelab products straight from their website because ive read reviews on amazon that they got fake pens! Order from bluelab (more expensive) to be guaranteed the REAL DEAL.
Thegermling is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 04:00 PM #36
Earlmarne

Earlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of lightEarlmarne is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegermling View Post
Have had my bluelab ph pen for two years straight with precise readings. The bluelab ec pens are another story. I had one of them for a year and it crapped out on me. Bought another one and that one broke in 8 months. I know this thread is for PH pens but can someone recommend a good EC meter?
Also, Ive heard to order bluelab products straight from their website because ive read reviews on amazon that they got fake pens! Order from bluelab (more expensive) to be guaranteed the REAL DEAL.
My blue lab truncheon has served me well for a year or 2
Earlmarne is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 04:52 PM #37
Thegermling

Thegermling will become famous soon enoughThegermling will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlmarne View Post
My blue lab truncheon has served me well for a year or 2
I want precise readings. That truncheon goes by hundred readings.
Thegermling is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2018, 07:11 PM #38
Dr Watt
Who What

Dr Watt will become famous soon enoughDr Watt will become famous soon enough

Old 12-18-2018, 08:23 PM #39
f-e

f-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nicef-e is just really nice
The CF Truncheon might be the best bit of kit ever. Pour in one part feed while you stir. Repeat every day for 20 years.. no problem.

If you loose the cap off a PH meter, it's as good as dead. I don't use a storage solution though. I tried. It fell over. I shook my head.
A couple of flicks with the wrist clears off most fluid, then pop the cap on. It should last ages. Anything else has been a fail.

I had a lot of use out of a scan2 and don't understand why they were withdrawn. My phtestr 10 must of done 4 years on it's current tip. Also a withdrawn item. It's getting slow now. Maybe 15 seconds to stabilise. You can see where it's heading before that though, and it keeps it's calibration well enough to not bother. It might be a year since it was last checked, but I know it will be within 0.2 I have had it so long.

I do like a waterproof meter. This means they spend a lot of time bobbing around, which may contribute towards them staying alive. A properly designed meter really should be happy getting a dunking. If it's not happy swimming about, then I wouldn't expect it is fit for purpose. I would go as far as to say, if it's not waterproof, it's crap. I have had a few such meters, and non lasted. I'm not sure it's a case of getting what you paid for, so much as getting something that uses choice components. Waterproof. Easy calibrate with 3 points if you wish. Replaceable tip. If it's all those, you won't need another tip. What were measuring is really quite weak.

I killed one unexpectedly measuring RO water once. I don't have a solid explanation of why. I guess it sucked (the ro water, that is)
f-e is online now Quote

Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 AM #40
Dr Watt
Who What

Dr Watt will become famous soon enoughDr Watt will become famous soon enough
NOzzzle

.... with an adapted nozzle you get a smaller drop