What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone in the cannabis community know why

St. Phatty

What's this free pizza you speak of? I want a slice

Sometimes at the YMCA - they have an over-supply of free lunches that they give away to the kids.

So they give the lunches away to YMCA members.

Last time I got 2 bags with some respectable pizza slices.

shithawk420

Veteran
If I had a ride I'd teach karate and jujitsu classes.thats a pretty good idea.free pizza! I actually know the guy who cleans the pools and shit.

It is strange that MJ so rarely is brought up at the federal level. I think its because big pharma, alcohol, and tobacco industries donates so much money to congress and to lobbyists. They have a lot to lose if everyone could grow their own medicine / recreation.

Follow the money is right.

But i do think the end is near. Once a few more states pass some form of legalization, Washington will take MJ off the Schedule 1 and make it a states rights issue, just like alcohol.

We've got to vote. Once our states give us some legal rights, weve got to let our representatives know how important this is to us, and we have to vote.

Claiming some off the wall party or voting for the third guy in an election isnt going to get us across the finish line.

Work with the party in power and let them know we will support them if they support us.

Oklahoma is a perfect example of Republicans and Christians voting Yes on MJ. We dont need to wait. Call your congressmen. Call your senators. Call the white house.

Or we can stay in the shadows. More risk = more reward.

Legalization will lead to big business taking over unless we are involved in the process of making the laws.

Last edited:

Klompen

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.you can claim rascism all you want but it became illegal cause of the oil and fiber industry.GTFO with that BS

So what about this direct quote from Anslinger, the head of the FBI and the guy who literally started the war on pot:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."
“Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

Suuuuure, no racism involved AT ALL

shithawk420

Veteran
The fact remains that it was a red herring that was funded by oil companies and probably Ford. If you wanna base their reason and lies based on race that's on you.this isn't that hard bud.facts are in the pudding

Yamaha FG-840

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.

So what about this direct quote from Anslinger, the head of the FBI and the guy who literally started the war on pot:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."
“Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

Suuuuure, no racism involved AT ALL

Klompen

And lol believeing anything Henry Aslingger says!. You crazy man!

You are seriously misunderstanding my point if you think I value the word of Anslinger. This is exactly the sort of rhetoric he and his fellow prohibitionists used to drum up support for waging a war against a plant.

shithawk420

Veteran
Your out out of your fucking mind if you believe that.they we're drinking whiskey.FACT! Probably snorting Coke too.you think I'm pulling this out my ass? The fucking neivety is starting to piss me off.

shithawk420

Veteran
You are seriously misunderstanding my point if you think I value the word of Anslinger. This is exactly the sort of rhetoric he and his fellow prohibitionists used to drum up support for waging a war against a plant.

I apologise.i had a very bad day.i didn't mean to be mean.:tiphat:

Klompen

The fact remains that it was a red herring that was funded by oil companies and probably Ford. If you wanna base their reason and lies based on race that's on you.this isn't that hard bud.facts are in the pudding

Henry Ford was a big proponent of hemp products. He even designed a car(often called the "Soybean Car") that was partially built of hemp and ran entirely on hemp based ethanol. He even grew a few fields of it for a couple decades after it was banned. He got away with it because he was rich and influential and only gave up on it when it became clear that cannabis prohibition was going to last a lot longer than prohibition of alcohol did. So while I would accuse Ford of many terrible things, including direct materiel support of the Nazis, I would not ever accuse him of conspiring to ban cannabis. He didn't care much about the drug strains but he was firmly a supporter of industrial hemp.

shithawk420

Veteran
Alright.im not even gonna accuse you of being a car guy.butvdo you actually believe that? I'm sorry but how naive are you? We are talking BILLIONS of dollars and not one fucking iota comes to play? Come on man.and yeah.im a car guy

PDX Dopesmoker

When Harry Anslinger set up the United Nations' 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs agreement he did it in a way that no elected official would ever have the authority to reschedule. As it currently stands in the American, the authority who could attempt to instigate rescheduling would be the HHS secretary (currently Alex Azar, a former drug company executive) who would have to request permission from the World Health Organization. Or at least thats how I think it works.

Klompen

Its all a matter of who the billions went to. Ford was already rich and wanted to use hemp products as a means to get even richer. He was an early adopter and proponent of bioplastics; which was a direct reaction to his love the American farm industry. Early in his company's dawn, farmers represented a large portion of Ford's customer base. Oligarchs are not a united group. They collude where it suits their mutual benefit, but they often have strong disagreements and wage wars of sorts against each other from time to time.

The existence of the "Soybean Car" is hardly mythology. Yes, its hemp content has often been overblown, but it did run on hemp ethanol and the body composite was incredibly strong in part due to its use of hemp fibers as a substrate for the resins(some of which were also hemp-based). Ford put nearly every major American crop into the production of that vehicle as a specific message of support for farmers. WW2 caused diversion of hemp production to war efforts and then the end of the war resumed prohibition. Ford stubbornly tried to get fiber hemp excluded from the prohibition efforts but eventually gave up. He certainly was not a stoner or likely even a friend to stoners, but he definitely saw industrial value for hemp itself.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol at Ford being a lover of farmers! Look buddy.i raise horse's and llammas in bumfuckt nowhere.i know animals and I know engines.Henry Ford is not the nice guy you think he was.trust me.i work on a damn farm in the middle of nowhere.nothing but tractors and diesel engines

Klompen

I never said Ford was a nice guy. Ford was a crazy boss that spied on his own workers. Ford built equipment for the Nazis and then sued the American government after the war for damaging his Nazi manufacturing facilities(and won). He liked to picture himself as a good guy though, like most morally compromised people tend to do.

Ford did do a lot of ag business in those days though. Their diesel engines are still used by a lot of people in agriculture. I live in the heart of the grain belt and Ford diesels are everywhere. They're in skid loaders, pickup trucks, busses, cargo trucks, and even tractors. Ford very much idealized the American farm. It was an interest of his. Ford may have been a lot of things, but he strongly believed in a strong American manufacturing and agricultural base. As bad a man as he was in many regards; he was practically a saint compared to the outsourcing industrialists of today.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm sorry.your a good guy.im in a bad mood.i guess I'm just sour.hope you get some good eating before the cold hits.thats my plan! Lol I mean that sincerely.no sarcasm

St. Phatty

Seems like it helps to be independent.

I wonder - the sanctuary laws in SF - are they aided by SF being a City AND a County ?

SF could pretty much do whatever they want. Grow Hemp in Golden Gate Park & tell the DEA to fvck off.

Yamaha FG-840

Ford built a car, completely out of hemp, and he and the car were in photographs in encyclopedias about him, hemp, and cars, for decades.

Alright.im not even gonna accuse you of being a car guy.butvdo you actually believe that? I'm sorry but how naive are you? We are talking BILLIONS of dollars and not one fucking iota comes to play? Come on man.and yeah.im a car guy