Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Hydroponics vs Aeroponics whos switched?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Hydroponics vs Aeroponics whos switched? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2018, 03:01 AM #11
sativaking

sativaking will become famous soon enoughsativaking will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
15-60 mins
Whats your experience with roots being dried out moist but not dry is fine but completely dry completely bad? Have you ever tried fogponics where the roots are constantly moist?

"Anti illuminati / reptilian / dero let the true realm judge and destroy you."
sativaking is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2018, 03:13 AM #12
FrozenFire

FrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to behold
I have been running low pressure aeroponics for almost a year now. It's great for cloning or sog grows. Low pressure aero can be reasonably simple. I run a drain to waste setup that runs on a short cycle timer set to 15 seconds on and 10 minutes off. I've had great results with it after a little time sorting out the initial setup and system timing. I've got no serious complaints. Fyi my 4x4 aero table consistently exceeds 1 gpw when I fill the table.

I also run dwc undercurrent as well. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Which is better is entirely dependent on your desired growing style. My undercurrent setup is better suited to growing big plants. The aerotable is awesome for running sog to pheno hunt or monocrop depending on what I'm trying to do at the time. Just my opinions and observations.

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 27 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344873

Copper chem grow zone: my pollen chucking and breeders notes.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352428
FrozenFire is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:02 PM #13
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFire View Post
I have been running low pressure aeroponics for almost a year now. It's great for cloning or sog grows.

A aero cloner is how I am going to dip my toe into aeroponics
Hydro8 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:08 PM #14
PetFlora

PetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant futurePetFlora has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro8 View Post
A aero cloner is how I am going to dip my toe into aeroponics
One often overlooked, yet extremely important, item is a deep cycle timer

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329619

Just because you weren't taught something doesn't mean it's not true, and vice versa
PetFlora is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2018, 10:57 PM #15
FrozenFire

FrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to beholdFrozenFire is a splendid one to behold
Here is the short cycle timer I use. It is easy to use, just be careful not to bump the dials as they move easy. Other than that it's pretty set and forget. You can run multiple pumps from one timer with a 3 way splitter with no issues.

Pic of my diy aero cloner roots:

Pic of my bloom tent: undercurrent on the right and aerotable on the left. Both systems run off of one common 55g reservoir. It was a bitch setting up, but once it got dialed in it's a cadillac to operate.

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 27 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:09 AM #16
Moug

Moug is on a distinguished road
I have used aeroponics but had issues with clogged sprayers. I have designed a new system where my nutrient tank is out side of my tent with the pump eliminating the clogging. The excess is my buckets drains back to the nutrient tank by gravity. I love the aero system. For power outages i have a back up generator.
Moug is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 02:16 AM #17
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
I’m all aero for everything, cloning, mothers, veg and flower. Went through every type of system and media and got sick of them all. All I have to buy is nutrients, I have zero transplant issues and knowhere for pests to colonise. I also like that I have nothing I need to precondition or throw away.
All the systems mist/spray continuously.
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 02:08 AM #18
Moug

Moug is on a distinguished road
Aeroponics

I started using coco but found it a mess and hard to adjust nutes and ph. I tried aero in one container and did well. Problem is pump takes in roots and topping up the reservoir is difficult. I am now designing a sytem of aero where the esrrvoir is outside of my grow tent so it ends these issues. I will post a photo once this profect is completed.

Cheers
Moug is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 03:01 AM #19
Rabbi

Rabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura aboutRabbi has a spectacular aura about
The power outage thing is so blown out of proportion with Aero. I had a 10 hr power outtage about a month ago and the plants did fine.

Remember if your power goes out your lights go out too and than they're barely drinking water at that point. Plus you could always manually water in a last case scenario type deal. I've never had to(been doing aero for 17 years) but you could if needed.

Unless you're in a situation where your power goes out for days on a regular basis I wouldn't worry about the power outage thing if considering aeroponics.
Rabbi is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 04:22 AM #20
FrozenFire

I agree rabbi. Plants do fine with power outages. I run a flood and drain low pressure aero table setup. I've got a valve and union at the drain that allows the table to be filled in case of such a situation. It also helps with cleaning of the table between rounds.

Moug: I use a 4x4 flood and drain table on a 2x2 frame. It gravity drains to the 55g tote reservoir outside my tent. Best thing I ever did. The rez stays cooler, and I've got a bluelab gaurdian constant readout monitor on the wall next to the tote. Soooooo much easier than using pens for ph/ppm/temp.